Thursday, September 01, 2011
1. Maintain at 140.0 or below, EVEN INCLUDING VACATION.
SUCCESS! I had the scale on vacation so not only was I NOT 140 when we got home, I was not 140 during vacation.
2. Drop body fat from approximately 24% to approximately 23%. I'd be happy to be having consistent readings in the 22.5-23.5% range at the end of the month. A smaller drop than in past months because of VACATION.
SUCCESS! I am seeing occasional readings below 23.0%. Today happened to be 23.1%. I am comfortable saying I am smack in the middle of my goal range.
3. Take the scale and the body fat monitor on VACATION to keep me accountable to myself.
YES! I am glad that I did. Mostly because it prodded me to eat clean after days of eating poorly and push push push the water. I had a much worse time with water retention than I did calories. One day I was swollen enough to bring back the nerve symptoms from my injury!
4. Work out for a minimum of 30' EVERY DAY on our next VACATION. Even if I have to take off by myself because there is no other option. Get moving, get sweating, and don't feel embarrassed or like a pain for needing to do this for MYSELF.
FAIL! Not that I didn't come prepared but I discovered that our cottage was not conducive to the BW or resistance band workouts I brought. I also found that the terrain was so flat that 30' of walking burned so few calories it wasn't worth the hassle figuring out when a 30' absence wouldn't mess with family activities. So.... I walked on the beach while the family played and I walked and I walked and I walked. We didn't go to the beach every day so I didn't walk every day but I certainly averaged over 60' (3+ miles) per day.
5. Vanquish the guilt I feel for NEEDING healthy food to eat and time for exercise when my husband just wants to eat other food and sit around. If he needs THAT and I need THIS, we will just have to deal with the fact that there will be times I am off doing my own thing.
PARTIAL SUCCESS. I felt no guilt at all about taking off on my walks. Zero. But those plans for 30' everyday? It seemed like every time I tried I was in someone's way or they were interrupting me or I was delaying our plans to do something. This is why I go to the gym and don't exercise at home so I shouldn't be surprised it carried over to vacation.
In September I will:
1. Lose 2 pounds. This should put me at 132. My calculations have had my final goal weight (body fat of 18-20%) as 126-129 for a while now so this goal should compliment, not detract from changing my body composition.
2. Drop body fat from approximately 23% to approximately 22%. Based on my calculations, if I lost ONLY fat this month I'd be at 22% at 132 pounds.
[1a&2a. NOT drop below 131 unless it is a 'fat only' loss. ie, if I'm not GAINING lean body mass, I do NOT want to go below 131.]
3. Do ALL my Base Phase workouts as scheduled in The Female Body Breakthrough. No adding stuff. No doing them in another order. No crazy cardio Tuesdays. (MWF= Base Phase workouts. T=30' cardio. Th=Centergy. S/S = off/centergy/family activity.)
4. Eat a minimum of 100 g of protein every day. Aim for 130+ grams.
5. Make an appointment with my trainer to get instruction on how to use the squat rack, how to do pushups, and how best to gain lean body mass.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
The family just went for soft serve. I passed because I want a big bowl of raspberry protein soft serve later. It was hard though! It made me think of all the other things I've passed on on vacation. But, you know, none of them are hard for long. Long enough to get out of the grocery store, to get my own healthy alternative, for them to finish their cones.... It's hard for like 5 minutes! And then I get to stay thin, and strong, and healthy forever.
And it's not all bad...
I really do like my protein soft serve.
I really do prefer a salad of spinach, grilled chicken, blue cheese, and grape tomatoes to a bag of potato chips.
It's not always easy when I'm in an environment where I used to eat the worst of all but it's a whole lot less difficult than I expected it to be!
Get An Email Alert Each Time TANYAP71 Posts