Thursday, September 15, 2011
Just a little check in on my goals:
1. Lose 2 pounds. .... I'm wavering between 3&4 lost. Sounds great... except see below.
2. Drop body fat from approximately 23% to approximately 22%. ... Doing great! Bouncing over and under 22%
[1a&2a. NOT drop below 131 unless it is a 'fat only' loss. ie, if I'm not GAINING lean body mass, I do NOT want to go below 131.... not so great... I am NOT gaining lean body mass.]
3. Do ALL my Base Phase workouts as scheduled in The Female Body Breakthrough.... No problem.
4. Eat a minimum of 100 g of protein every day. Aim for 130+ grams.... Haven't checked every day but my average each week is well over 100g/day.
5. Make an appointment with my trainer to get instruction on how to use the squat rack, how to do pushups, and how best to gain lean body mass.... haven't done this yet... wavering... just not sure if he's the one to give me advice on gainign lean body mass. He's warned me several times that I don't want to 'bulk up' so I sometimes think he doesn't 'get' female strength training. I'm not a man and I don't want advice for a man.
Other than that.....
Today marks 6 months at the gym for me. I have lost 37 pounds since joining the gym. I LOVE the gym. I am still amazed at both the weight loss and how great I feel about going to the gym. I hope I always love it this much.
I went to the specialty bra shop for bras. As I suspected, I am now a 30C. Options were extremely limited. I may need to try a different store. Unless I can get free returns, I'm hesitant to shop online. For now I got 2 new bras. At $44 a pop that will HAVE to do me. And I sure won't be finding this size on random clearance racks anywhere. Sigh.
And I went to Talbots for dress pants. I'm a size 4P. I tried on a LOT of pants. I ended up with 3 pairs that I really like. Finding dress pants that fit has been extremely frustrating. Even these are 'tight' through the thighs in order to have them fit at the waist but at least they stretch and look good through the thighs. The shopping experience has helped me refine my goals a bit. I think I want these size 4Ps to fit better much more than I want to get into a 2P. I do still have thigh and tummy fat. Hopefully the fat that I lose as I lose my last few pounds (6 or so?) will come from those areas.