Wednesday, May 25, 2011
I joined a gym 2 1/2 months ago. This week I crossed the 50 workout mark. It seems a good time to journal about the benefits I have reaped.
10. People tell me I look great all the time... But they can't figure out what's different.
9. I stand taller now. Is it the confidence of knowing I am worth taking care of? Is it all that core work?
8. My skin is clearer than it's been since before I hit puberty. No medications required! I can go without makeup and still look great!
7. I have slept like a baby... and I used to lie awake for hours several nights a week.
6. I no longer get 'hangry'. Must be what the doctor said about blood sugar and exercise is true!
5. I feel happier and less anxious and I believe I am lowering my risk for major depression.
4. I can tell that I have muscles, even where I have fat remaining.
3. I have fabulous calf muscles and they are visible!
2. I have lost about 14-16 additional pounds. (I so didn't expect the gym to 'take' that I don't remember what I weighed the first day.
1. I feel better about myself than I have in a long, long time.