Monday, March 05, 2012
Hello Blog. I made it back online after my computer issues, and have found that the great momentum I had, had has dwindled. Oh, I'm not quitting but I find myself back at the starting line emotionally.
Last week I thought I was changed forever and would never get off the road to success, and then....it happened I was unable to get logged in to Sparkpeople for two solid days.
I was all but devastated because,I had gotten to the place in my head that I just knew I was absolutely going to do this! And that isn't an easy place to find, at least it never has been for me. Anyway, it's been less than one week and I intend to get back on track even if it takes three more months to do it
I have pretty simple goals that can be done with a pencil and paper if I don't have the internet, so I've written them down in a notebook for just that reason. Now just to re-iterate my plans I'm rewriting them here, one more time:
1. Prayer and meditation, I like to start each and everyday with God things just go better when I do this.
2. Eat a good healthy breakfast before I begin the day.
3. Drink lots of water at least 8 cups a day. I number and date ea. 16 oz. bottle to make sure I drink them.
4. Walk at the rec.center 3x per week building speed and distance over time.
5 Add 2 days of resistance exercise each week building and adjusting as needed.
6. Log in to Sparkpeople for menus and calorie tracking daily
7. Huddle with my teams and encourage others anyway I can.
8. When I stumble I will get back up and begin again every single time because winners never quit and quitters never win. I'm not God- only God is perfect, don't flatter yourself thinking that you ever will be. It is not your job!!!
9. Other goals - take care of my hands and nails daily. Oil and polish cuticles and nails to strengthen them.
10. Take daily vitamins and minerals to fortify overall health.
11. Tackle one small project at home daily to attain organization of "the stuff" everywhere, this includes clothing and laundry, tools, arts and crafts, painting supplies, and the yard.
12. Now stop playing and do the dishes and wash the clothes, make the beds, vacuum and sweep the floor etc.etc.etc. repeat.
It is said that I don't have a job, but the truth is I don't have an income, but when I have all of these things finished I'll look for a real job. hehehe Now I must go take care of Mr J my main squeeze and first grandbaby! Good Luck everybody and best wishes on your success.
Sunday, February 26, 2012
I need everybody's help. I have been doing really well up to now, but over the past week or so I've started noticing my old habits creeping slowly back into my days.
It's so easy to ignore these little errors, little by little - 1 oz. here, a couple of chips there till finally one day - before you even realize it you have a great big monster to deal with. You aren't even doing what you promised yourself that you would do.
Well not this time! It's only February 2012 and I began on the first day of the year with the attitude that I was going to go all the way to my lifelong dream of weight and fitness. Today, I am reaffirming that goal and determination.
Will I go the distance? Or will I fail to take the actions required to achieve what I really want? That is what it all boils down to once again.
I have to be fired up. I have to want,really want to reach my dreamed of destination Every Single Day until it becomes a reality. I need to regularly remind myself to keep reaching for the goal. Don't get slack. Drink your water, Take your vitamins, Do some exercise, Measure and track your food. It isn't hard, it is a new pattern to live by. You Can Do It!! So do it!!!
I also need to not only journal on Sparkpeople, but to physically write down what is going on daily. This is helpful to me in taking care of all my business, because my memory ain't what she used to be.
It's all good..
Monday, February 13, 2012
I just lost a blog I spent 30 minutes writing so I'm keeping this short and sweet.
I read another blog today about obsessing over food and realized that over the years of yoyo dieting I discovered a link with the amount of sugar in my body and the obsessive behavior. I'm grateful to now know that as long as I keep sweets to a minimum in my diet I don't have to think of food constantly morning, noon, and night GREAT Blessing! This understanding offers hope again of someday having a healthy and fit body, By being committed to logging my food intake, I gain back a sense of control that was lost and that hopelessness made me hate myself. This is progress and I love progress!
Get An Email Alert Each Time TAMELARENEE Posts