Monday, April 29, 2013
So I have been back on SparkPeople for 2.5 months. Tracking and working out and trying my best to be healthy. I have increased my workouts to 5x a week. I am getting much better about staying within my calorie range, weekends included. Honestly, I haven't lost much weight. This is usually the point where I get really frustrated and give up.
However, I am seeing little milestones in my weight loss journey that keep encouraging me onward.
Since February I have noticed:
- I can get up off the couch without needing to anchor my body or making copious noises.
- I can get out of my car without having to use both my hands and grip the top of the door frame.
- My thighs are stronger and my cellulite has visibly decreased.
- My calves are officially fantastic.
- It's not a fun workout unless my t-shirt is soaking wet.
- When I enter my kitchen for a snack I take a minute to ask myself "Are you hungry or bored?"
- I enjoy the 20 minutes a week I spend scheduling my workouts.
- When I look in the mirror I see where I am getting stronger instead of just how far I have to go .
- Not eating enough is almost as bad as eating too much. I can now tell in the middle of the day when I need to add fuel to my body so I don;t sabotage myself when I get home.
- 8 hours of sleep is a wonderful, magical thing.
- Working out in the morning is what my life has been missing.
I am committed to this. I want to sign up for a 5k that I can do with my boyfriend. I will keep going until I reach my goals.