Wednesday, March 30, 2011
I got a pic of me in my new tank--the one I mentioned in Monday's blog--before I hit the gym tonight.
Here I am, ready for Combat:
Monday, March 28, 2011
~!~ B2W Mission 11 3/25-27 ~!~
You made it halfway through the challenge. Congratulations!
This weekend- work out at least one time and the rest of the weekend, it is your solemn mission to HAVE FUN!!!!
-Fun = Eh. I did a little shopping and ate out. That’s about the best I could do, given the situation (usual transportation issues/lack of money, plus I’m at my grandma’s and have limited time out of the house).
Bought this tank top:
Also bought this book:
I was reeeally excited about it cuz it seemed to address a lot of the issues I'm battling, but thus far it seems to be a super religious (NOT spiritual) bunch of BS that I'm finding mega-offensive.
Friday I ran a 2+ mile loop around the neighborhood and then walked the route for a 2nd loop. I averaged 5.6 mph for the run and 4.4 mph for the walk.
Yesterday, I ran the entire 3 miles through the local park (average 5.7 mph) and then doubled around and walked 1.5 miles of it (average 4.5 mph). Unfortunately, I couldn’t get pics at the park. It was a shame, because the park was really pretty. (POS camera going thru 2 AAs every hour!! ARRRGH). Here’s some screen pics of the routes I created with SP's Fitness Maps:
3 mile run:
1.5 mile walk:
Oh yeah...~especially~ considering the hills, my speeds for boths runs & walks are REALLY GOOD for me. Really, really good. Like I'm-limping-around-today-because- my-knees-hurt-so-bad good.
Friday, March 25, 2011
~*~ B2W Mission 10 3/21 - 3/24 ~*~
Happy Spring AND Happy halfway through the B2W Challenge!
How many fitness minutes did you accumulate during Mission 9 this past weekend?
Anything you were particularly proud of? Anything challenging?
- I was proud of spending so much time outside on Friday during the nice weather. Ordinarily I wouldˇ¦ve just spent my rest day from the gym sitting on my duff. This time I took advantage of the summery weather.
- Writing the list of admirable traits was really challenging. I came up with positive attributes that describe how I USED to be but no longer am. Because I have a real lack of balance in my life, I also came up with traits that describe me per my weight loss but to which the polar opposite applies in all other aspects of my life (e.g. hardworking vs. lazy, dedicated vs. aimless, perseverant vs. resigned).
Eat as clean as you possibly can for the next 4 days, starting NOW.
Ate lotsa processed, packaged food. Not beating myself up over it, though.
Drink 8 glasses of water every day for the next four days.
- Mon=11, Tues=9, Wed=8, Thurs=8
See what you can do to improve your sleep.
- No caffeine after 6pm--Still took a long time to fall asleep
- No liquids within an hour of bedtime--Still had to pee several times after going to bed
- Did NOT go to bed earlier as planned
- Did NOT get up at the same time everyday as planned
See if you can make or beat a personal record- whether it is pushups, crunches, a streak or a race time.
- 1st attempt timing how long I could hold plank position: 2 minutes!
Aim for two cardio sessions and a strength session before you go to bed on Thursday night.
- Mon: 95 mins cardio (Combat + Zumba), Tues: 60 mins cardio (Stride + elliptical) + lower body ST
REPORT BACK ON FRIDAY! DISMISSED!
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
PELESJEWEL requested I blog about how Combat makes me feel. Since I love Combat with all my heart—and I’m excited to have a blog request! My 1st!—I’m thrilled to oblige.
[I mention the following not to whine or look for pity but to make you aware of my mindset and how Combat, well, combats it.]
As followers of my blogs will already know, depression has been rearing its ugly head again. Ironically, the closer I get to goal weight, the more I’m riddled with intense feelings of self-hatred and low self-worth/self-esteem. There’s relentless vitriol being flung around my head: “You’re not good enough and you’ll never be good enough”, “You’re ugly/ fat/ stupid/ lazy/ ___/ ___/ ___”, and it just goes on and on.
Now, COMBAT is my miracle exercise drug. ~Every~ time I do it, it elicits the feelings listed below. Additionally, on those days when I feel like I am and always shall be hopelessly doomed to a life of misery and mediocrity, Combat actually reverses those thoughts and puts me on top of the world. The difference is so pronounced between when I go into class and when I come out that I’m sure I seem extremely bipolar.
Combat makes me feel:
…like a warrior
…proud of myself
…”in the moment”
…energetic (this is no small feat, friends!)
…like the person I’d like to be
…simply put: kick@$$
Monday, March 21, 2011
~!~ B2W Mission 9 - 3/18-3/20 ~!~
How did your Mon-Thursday go this week? Anything awesome to report?
- Nothing awesome. It was just ok.
Repeat the new workout you found this week at least once this weekend.
- Not Done. I’m not too upset about this cuz I got 2 upper body workouts in between Mon and Thurs. I’m more upset about not having done any lower body or core ST all weekend.
See how many workout minutes you can rack up in one weekend.
= 63 mins on cardio & 10 on stretching
If weather permits- get out of the house and get some Vitamin D and fresh air. Prove it if you can, or blog about how you spent your outdoor time!
- It was 78° and absolutely beautiful outside on Friday. I took my cat on a walk in the yard (yes, I’m one of those ppl) for an hr and 15 minutes.
picture-perfect blue sky:
proof that I was there, too:
-I also took a 2-mile walk after dinner.
1/2 mile down & halfway there:
almost to the cemetery:
If weather in your area does NOT permit you to spend some time outside this weekend, then spend some time spoiling yourself (as far as hair, skin, fingernails, spirit, soul, imagination, whatever you pick).
- Not Done. This just seemed too chore-like. Skipped it.
Make a public or private list of your most admirable traits.
- I racked my brain and all I could come up with was:
1. sense of humor
Organize part of your house that is special or important to you- such as your bathroom, a reading corner, bedroom, breakfast nook, whatever. Make it more inviting.
- Not Done
Eat a pretty meal at least once- take a picture if you can!
- Not Done. None of my meals were pretty.
(just do as many of these as you can- if you can't do them all- whatever- aim high- achieve well)
Report back on Monday- DISMISSED!!!
Get An Email Alert Each Time STARDUSTD Posts