Tuesday, February 26, 2008
We're excited to announce big improvements to our "WebSearch" page and a related new contest and SparkPoints opportunity!
Most Internet users like to set a search engine like Google or Yahoo as their homepage, and some like to customize this page with things like news or favorite links. SparkPeople has always offered our WebSearch page to use in this way, but this week we launched some major changes to the page. You can customize your page in a number of ways:
How WebSearch Helps You and Helps SparkPeople
- See your local weather, including the current temperature and forecast.
- Choose different news feeds that change throughout the day. Subjects include News, Entertainment, and Health News.
- View fun SparkPeople content, including our motivational Quote of the Day. You can then also search the web with a search powered by Google or search all of the content and resources on SparkPeople.
By setting your browser's homepage as www.SparkPeople.com/WebSearch
, you WILL be more likely to reach your goals. The reason is that you will be reminded of the tools, content, and community on SparkPeople each and every time you use your web browser.
You can also help SparkPeople, because when you search the web via Google, SparkPeople will earn income on some of your searches. SparkPeople's CEO Chris Downie (aka SPARKGUY) recently said, "Besides telling their friends to use SparkPeople, WebSearch is the biggest way members can help support SparkPeople so we can remain a free site. Plus, it's a really cool and useful page!"
SparkPoints and Contest
To help encourage members to set our WebSearch as their homepage, we are offering 2 fun incentives:
To Make Our WebSearch Your Browser Homepage and Enter the Contest
- When you set our WebSearch page as your homepage you will earn 25 SparkPoints.
- After setting SP as your homepage and earning your 25 SparkPoints, You will be entered into a drawing for cash prizes. Twenty-five people will win a $100 cash prize!
It is very easy to do this in most browsers. Simply visit www.SparkPeople.com/WebSearch
. Then, login and click the link just under the search box that says "Click Here to Make This Your Homepage." Note that if you've already added us as your homepage you'll need to click the link again to earn your SparkPoints and be entered into the contest. (Click here for contest rules
As always, we thank you for your support!