Saturday, September 05, 2009
So, I usually weigh in on Mondays (and I will this week as well) -but I was dying to know if I had maintained on my little 4 day adventure in Niagra Falls. So this morning, I had my husband drag the scale out of hiding and I stepped on....268.5? I don't think I have ever gone on vacation and lost weight! I fondly remember our week long trip to the Caribbean this spring, followed by the 7lb gain on return. Our real summer vacation is approaching fast in two weeks and I am so happy to know that it doesn't have to affect my healthy lifestyle if I do some advance planning and stay on target.
Here are the things I did to succeed this time:
1. Pack a cooler: Water, yogurt, and lots of fruit
2. Bring the cooler into the hotel. Also rice cakes and some light granola bars for snacks
3. Walk with a Camelback, water with you all of the time
4. Walk everywhere we can. Walk to dinner, walk to the Park.
5. Journal daily, focus on positive things I am doing to stay on track
6. Repeat the following phrases:
"The salad dressing on the side, please"
"Without the cream sauce"
"Can the breaded shrimp just be grilled, no breading? Thanks!
"Can you substitute the french roll for a spinach wrap?"
"I would like the fruit and cheese plate...without the cheese."
So it was a success! And it is absolutely reaffirming to me to know that I can go away for a few days without falling into old, self-destructive habits.