Today was our first full day in Belize on vacation, and I must say it is HEAVEN. It was about 85 degrees today, sunny skies with just a few clouds and a light breeze. We decided the first thing we wanted to do here on Ambergris Cay was get familiar with the island so we took a 2 hour walk, down the beach and through the town of San Pedro.
Headed back before lunch and rode up the beach on bikes. Stopped at the Blue Water Grill for wonderful cashew chicken salad and then continued on up the island onto the northern, relatively deserted and quiet end. Rode our bikes (free bike, kayak, snorkel gear where we are staying) for about 2 hours.
Upon getting back to our hotel we decided there was still daylight to be had and headed out in the sea kayaks for an hour. Loved it! That was probably my favorite part of the day...
Finally, we headed in and popped into the pool here at the hotel until sunset.
It was a wonderful and pretty active day! Hope you enjoyed the photos - tomorrow will be sailing to Caulker Cay on a catamaran and snorkeling. It is possible that rum will be enjoyed on the way home....
I am on a much-needed and earned vacation this week. Ron and I flew into Belize City today and then hopped a small Cessna prop out to Ambergris Cay. Walked on the beach and had a wonderful dinner at a local place (Caroline's Kitchen) - yummy snapper and steamed veggies with some cerviche appetizer. Having recently crossed into Onederland (by about 0.2 lbs) I am dedicated to enjoying my vacation while making healthy choices! I will try to check in this week and will definitely post pics when we get back. Hope you are all having a great week!
I am going to be gone for much of February so I think that it will be especially important to stick to what I know will work. Below are reminders to myself:
1. Log into spark every day (when out of the country on vacation, journal about Spark if unable to log in)
2. Log calories... especially on vacation - stop pretending not knowing exactly what it is or how to log it is an excuse for not logging.
3. Exercise every day - start changing it up a bit...same thing every day doesn't get it done
4. Get some sleep - you know that stress and lack of sleep = lack of progress
5. Set realistic expectations...just because you don't lose 2 lbs a week doesn't mean you aren't making progress. Honestly- forward is forward. Find some grace for yourself
6. Look in the mirror and find something you like. Seriously - the image in your head is not accurate. For those of you who don't know - I really struggle with the girl in the mirror - I am actually pretty good friends with the girl in pictures. But then my little inner fat girl starts thinking things like "I don't really look like that. People will think I photoshopped that...etc). I digress, but honestly I have to learn to like what I see in the mirror - even as not perfect as I am.
7. Reward yourself...often
8. Live in the now. You can't get to the past, and the future will take care of itself.
So there it is. My "simple" plans for the month.
Hope everyone had a great first day of February!
My new swimsuit arrived in the mail yesterday. It is a cobalt blue one piece with a zipper in the front and a small belt at the bottom (Bond girl style). I am actually excited to wear it! Knowing that I have vacation in 12 days and want to look great in this swimsuit is all I need to keep my on track for the next 2 weeks. I wish I had bought this suit a month ago!
Overall this month has been much more challenging than the last. Despite daily exercise my weight has only dropped a few lbs this month, but I am keeping my head up. I know that I am headed in the right direction. I think it is time to swap up my exercise routine a bit so I started doing some DVDs this week in addition to my usual skiing and gym cardio.
I promised myself I was going to take measurements and get some 360 view pics for later comparisons this month. I have been avoiding measurements because I didn't want to see numbers that were bigger than where they used to be...but part of moving forward really is leaving the past in the past and living in today. So here is where I am today - I look forward to checking in at the end of next month to see how much progress I have made!
% Fat: 34.8
Neck: 13.25 in
Arms at thickest: 15.5 in
Upper Chest: 37.5 in
Mid Chest: 41.5 in
Lower Chest: 33 in
Waist: 32 in
Hips: 47.5 in
Thigh: 27.75 in
Calf: 17 in
Waist to hip ratio: .7
So that's where I am. Not bad and I am happy with the progress I am making.
Being happy in the now is part of moving forward :-)