So today's photoblog will be much shorter since I started the day off with something everyone should do on vacation - snoozing in, lol! Once I finally got up I hung out reading and answering a few emails on the couch of our apartment here. Love where we are staying (Xanadu resort). It is about a mile down the beach from San Pedro, so very quiet and it gives me an excuse to walk everywhere.
Next headed out to the pool to relax a bit more - I have spent most of this vacation in a bathing suit, so I am glad I brought three...
Decided to get moving a bit more so took the double kayak out for a long journey. Given how choppy the water was today I am surprised we went as far as we did (6-7 miles) -plenty tired by the time we got back...
Got dressed up again - probably the shortest skirt I have worn in about 15 years and headed down the beach to Wild Mangos for dinner -- it was scrumptious
Finally ended the night walking around San Pedro where the "Festival of Fatima" is going on - bands every few blocks in the back of trucks (moving party) with dancers and singers...Had a large mango drink (and Ron had a dirty banana) before headed back to the apartment.
Thanks for following along on this sun soaked trip. Tomorrow we are at the beach in the morning then flying back to the mainland to pick up a rental car and head out into the Cayo. Not sure how internet will be out there but will try to keep blogging if I can. MUCH appreciation for the kind comments, compliments and accolades about the pics. For those who asked, these are from 3 sources (my iPhone, my Nikon D7000- and from my underwater Nikon shockproof coolpix).
Today was our 3rd day in Belize and it was clearly time to spend some more time in the water! We got picked up at the end of our pier and headed out on a catamaran (the SEAduced) toward Caye Caulker.
First stop to snorkel was Hol Chan Marine Reserve where we snorkeled along the barrier reef seeing lots of turtle, sting rays, eagle rays, fish and even a moray eel!
Headed back onto the cat and continued on to Shark Ray Alley:
Next unto Caye Caulker where we shopped a little, enjoyed walking around and ate a lot of cerviche!
Headed back to Ambergris Cay, rum along the way! Headed back to our hotel, then dressed up to go out to dinner. Tried out my new sundress and actually felt good about how it looked.
Hope that wasn't too many pics and that you enjoyed a photo journey through my day. Lessons learned today: apply sunscreen more often in the Caribbean! You would think after 42 years of my light skin I would remember....
Have a great day - thanks for looking!
Today was our first full day in Belize on vacation, and I must say it is HEAVEN. It was about 85 degrees today, sunny skies with just a few clouds and a light breeze. We decided the first thing we wanted to do here on Ambergris Cay was get familiar with the island so we took a 2 hour walk, down the beach and through the town of San Pedro.
Headed back before lunch and rode up the beach on bikes. Stopped at the Blue Water Grill for wonderful cashew chicken salad and then continued on up the island onto the northern, relatively deserted and quiet end. Rode our bikes (free bike, kayak, snorkel gear where we are staying) for about 2 hours.
Upon getting back to our hotel we decided there was still daylight to be had and headed out in the sea kayaks for an hour. Loved it! That was probably my favorite part of the day...
Finally, we headed in and popped into the pool here at the hotel until sunset.
It was a wonderful and pretty active day! Hope you enjoyed the photos - tomorrow will be sailing to Caulker Cay on a catamaran and snorkeling. It is possible that rum will be enjoyed on the way home....
I am on a much-needed and earned vacation this week. Ron and I flew into Belize City today and then hopped a small Cessna prop out to Ambergris Cay. Walked on the beach and had a wonderful dinner at a local place (Caroline's Kitchen) - yummy snapper and steamed veggies with some cerviche appetizer. Having recently crossed into Onederland (by about 0.2 lbs) I am dedicated to enjoying my vacation while making healthy choices! I will try to check in this week and will definitely post pics when we get back. Hope you are all having a great week!
I am going to be gone for much of February so I think that it will be especially important to stick to what I know will work. Below are reminders to myself:
1. Log into spark every day (when out of the country on vacation, journal about Spark if unable to log in)
2. Log calories... especially on vacation - stop pretending not knowing exactly what it is or how to log it is an excuse for not logging.
3. Exercise every day - start changing it up a bit...same thing every day doesn't get it done
4. Get some sleep - you know that stress and lack of sleep = lack of progress
5. Set realistic expectations...just because you don't lose 2 lbs a week doesn't mean you aren't making progress. Honestly- forward is forward. Find some grace for yourself
6. Look in the mirror and find something you like. Seriously - the image in your head is not accurate. For those of you who don't know - I really struggle with the girl in the mirror - I am actually pretty good friends with the girl in pictures. But then my little inner fat girl starts thinking things like "I don't really look like that. People will think I photoshopped that...etc). I digress, but honestly I have to learn to like what I see in the mirror - even as not perfect as I am.
7. Reward yourself...often
8. Live in the now. You can't get to the past, and the future will take care of itself.
So there it is. My "simple" plans for the month.
Hope everyone had a great first day of February!