Monday, January 11, 2010
I have definitely turned up the heat a little bit this week with the fitness activities! I hit the 65 lb marker this week which is so exciting and I am beginning to see the countdown to Onederland this winter! Hoping if I just keep trying new exercises and shaking it up I can continue on this downward streak. I tried the Biggest Loser Boot Camp DVD for the past two days and liked it. Interestingly, after doing the circuit training, I felt super energized and spent more time on the machines than usual! I have 2 things in March to use as goal points: I am speaking at a conference in early March in Orlando, and I am going to Exuma Island in the Bahamas - both great motivating factors for this journey. Continued thank yous to my Spark Buddies who keep me motivated on the good days and the bad.
Monday, January 04, 2010
Hello beautiful New Year! After shaking up my exercise routines a little I seem to be back on track. It was interesting to go into the reports section and see that in December (when I stalled out a bit) my exercise time was lower, and calories actually were a little higher...even though I would have sworn on a stack of bibles that nothing had changed. It was good to look back and see the actual data! I have been feeling a lot of energy lately, especially since coming up with my goals for this winter. Although I have many, non-weight based goals, these are specifically a few number based ones that help keep me on track:
Jan 27th = 6 month marker = 216 ( 7 lbs in 23 days...maybe?)
Feb 9th = 200th day of consecutive exercise = 211 (75 lbs in 200 days...it would be cool)
March 26 = Trip to Exuma Island = 199 (a girl can hope right? It is exactly 81 days or 11+ weeks...I think it is possible, but will require some seriously consistent losses)
Just so y'all know: I realize that these are stretches, and I may not make them, but I would rather dream big and hold nothing back. Everything I lose counts, and if I get even close to these goals I will be a happy girl!
Saturday, January 02, 2010
Happy New Year Sparkies!
I have been browsing through several blogs tonight and trying to think about what it is that I want to achieve in the next 12 months. SO much! Where to start...I think I will start by acknowledging that these goals may change with time, but as long as I am moving forward, positively, I will be happy.
So here it is:
1. Continue on this journey. I have no idea what I will weigh a year from now but I know that I will be healthier and fitter, and not as limited by my weight as I still am.
2. I want to be FIT! I have always wanted to be "one of those people" People who go outside everyday and are fit enough to do what they want. I want to ski, rollerblade, bike, walk, snowshoe, swim, hike, kayak and yes, someday (this year) I even want to run.
3. Focus on my family. Although I don't have children, my small family (husband, father, and mother-in-law and a few close friends who are functionally family) mean everything in the world to me. I want to be worthy of their love. I want to prioritize me on my journey without losing sight of them. I want to communicate all of my feelings well and help them on the journeys that are important in their lives, as this one is to me.
4. Succeed at work. My job as a physician and teacher is a huge part of who I am. I want to continue to push myself to be the best I can be.
5. Actively manage my stress. This is the one that is closest to a resolution...I truly want to spend 2-3 days "away from it all each month." My life can be intense and recharging my batteries is crucial. I am set in January with a 3 day skiing trip. Let's see if I can keep that trend up.
That's it. A pretty simple list as long as I stay true to myself.
I wish you all happiness & joy in the coming year!
With friends Allison and Laura
Monday, December 28, 2009
Last week I was still stuck, but this week things seem to be back on track. I am hoping to make some more progress before New Year's Day, but I am happy with the progress that I have made so this year. This week marked two important events for me:
1. My 5 month Sparkversary was 12/27/09 (pic above)
2. I hit the 60 lb marker the same day
I look forward to the coming year with great joy!
Get An Email Alert Each Time SPUNKYDUCKY Posts