Thursday, January 14, 2010
I got this in an email and I just had to share it! Too cute not to share here on SP! Oh, and in my original email all these little piggies were animated grapics and they were all exercising! So cute, but this SP forum here doesn't support the movement graphics.
'Twas the month after Christmas, and all through the house, Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The cookies I'd nibbled, the chocolate I'd taste, at the holiday parties had gone to my waist.
When I got on the scales there arose such a number! When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber).
I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared; The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared, The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."
As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt and prepared once again to do battle with dirt... I said to myself, as I only can, "You can't spend a winter, disguised as a man!"
So, away with the last of the sour cream dip. Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip. Every last bit of food that I like must be banished 'till all the additional ounces have vanished.
I won't have a cookie, not even a lick. I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick. I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie. I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore... But isn't that what January is for? Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all, and to all a good diet.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!! Keep it healthy, stay strong, and don't EVER give up! Love you all!
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Well, today, so far, has been a very upbeat and light hearted day for me. I’m just feeling happy on life today. It’s so awesome. Granted it’s only 1:00 pm as I start to write this, but so far it’s been a great day. Not that much has happened. I did my ‘mental’ workout this morning like usual, which involves my bible reading, a positive affirmation time, and listening to some gospel music. I’ve been trying to fit in some extra reading as well, but I’m finding it difficult some days to squeeze it in. I’m gonna have to try harder. I need to make reading books that can help me and teach me a priority or I won’t have the information I need to move forward as easily. My physical workout hasn’t happened yet, but I’m sure I’ll get it in before the afternoon is over. It helps with my energy level and my outlook to do it. I’m feeling low on energy today. I didn’t get a lot of sleep last night. It was just one of those nights when I was dreaming all night, which creates low energy for me the next day, not to mention the Foggy Brain Syndrome.
Anyway, all that being said... my mood being up... I’ve been thinking about heaven today. LOL Yep... some might say that’s not necessarily a happy thought. I’m not sure how my train of thought today led me to this, but then, as my Grandmother would have said, maybe it is just as well that I don’t know. LOL I’ve been thinking about what it’s going to be like to go to heaven. Here’s how I see it happening... here’s the 'official memo' for those who don’t know yet!
ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN!
Yep. If there are no dogs than I don’t see how it can be heavenly place. Seems to make sense to me! LOL See this is how I see it. When my soul leaves my body I go through the traditional tunnel of light. When I come out the other end, I’m looking at the pearly gates. Standing within the gates is a whole group of people that I’ve loved and lost over the years waiting to greet me. Everyone from my Grandparents, Great-Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins, my first boyfriend who died of Cystic Fibrosis, some very close friends, and the list goes on. Standing at the front of the clan is Jesus. They’re all there with big smiles on their faces. They’re happy and excited to see me. There’s chatter and giggling among the lot of them. Jesus is looking at me with a big smile on his face and has His arms open ready to give me a huge hug... and then... there’s the dogs! All the babies that I’ve loved and lost in my lifetime. There’s Brandy, Shadow, Chipper, Gertie, a few others and maybe even the two precious babies that are still with me today; Casey and Taco. They all come barreling out of the gates all together, getting along great. No one is fighting with another one. No one is eating anything they shouldn’t be eating! LOL Heaven is great! They all come at me so fast that none of the people waiting for me can get close enough to give me any hugs or kisses. All my babies are jumping up around me and giving me big puppy kisses all over my face. Everyone is laughing at them because it’s such a pretty sight.
See, I’ve told you guys before that I have a bit of a sixth sense... my ‘spidey senses’ Paul used to call it. I’ve come to see that I can trust my spidey senses most of the time. So the way I figure it, if I’m seeing myself going to heaven in this manner, than it must be true! Hehehehe So therefore, this is how I know this is the memo with the official word! All God’s creatures go to heaven.... well, with the exception of mosquitoes, spiders, and some cats! Oh, and, I guess, the obvious one... snakes! LOL
That’s how I see my entry into heaven! Cool, huh!?
I wrote another blog a while back comparing God to dogs! Yes, I dared to do it. I don't see it as reducing God to the level of dogs, I see it as putting dogs up there with God where they should be... where they are! Here’s the link to read it if you haven’t. It’s kinda cool, if I do say so myself! LOL. There’s lots of cool doggie stuff in it, along with photos of my babies at the end! You’ll love them. They’re all SOOO cute!
Here’s a couple of links I found today about dogs going to heaven that I felt were special. The first one is a story about what pet-heaven is like.
The next one is a blog in photos. It’s very funny. Seems there were two churches who were on opposing sides of the fence on whether or not dogs go to heaven. They left opposing messages on their front billboards about it. Scroll down through the photos of the billboards and read what they had to say! It made me laugh out loud! I guess you know where I stand on this issue! LOL
OK... here’s a few funny photos and cartoons that I found online in line with the topic of dogs and dogs going to heaven!
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Well here I am with only 1 hour left to 2009 as I sit here & write this in Barrie, Ontario. It's been a while since I've written. It's not because I didn't want to because I have. I've been so busy lately that it seems when it comes to writing I either don't have time or I'm too tired. I've been making small notes in a side journal to keep myself reminded of what I wanna blog about next time, but by the time I get around to blogging, I'm not sure half of it is relevant anymore! I'll have to sort my notes and thoughts and get caught up in my updates. After that I have to work harder at trying to blog (& journal) more often.
As I look back on the past year I am amazed at how far I've come. When I go back and read my old blogs from the beginning of last year and see where I was compared to where I am now I can hardly believe it. This year has been an emotional roller coaster for me but overall it's been very good.
This year I reached my goal weight. I had to drop my goal amount by 10 lbs (because my doctor thought my original goal weight was too much) and change my goal date by only 2 months further. I think, overall, that's a pretty good hit close to the original target I was aiming for. So many don't get anywhere near their original time frame.
This year I also stepped WAYYYYYY out of my comfort zone and joined the church that I had waited 3 years to join. It meant stepping out and socializing. Something that had me paralyzed for many years. I've been taking part in church activities and making new friends. I've become a member of the church and as such they are now my family! It's the best church for me because they aren't like most churches that are just 'Sunday' churches. This church has people involved all week long in activities and has a point of making sure that we become good friends and take part in each others lives like regular families. They have a reputation of being all about love, and it's true! They really are like that. It's unlike anything I've ever seen before in a church and I know now why God led me there. I need that kind of overwhelming support in my life.
But this year I've also been out on a few dates. I've made some mistakes, had some hard times and experienced loss; but I had fun too! I did it, and that's what counts! I got out and I've started rebuilding my life again. I've come to the end of this year realizing that I have more strength and determination that I ever dreamed that I had! My faith in God and in myself, and even in other people, has grown by leaps and bounds!
None of this I could have done without the help and support of my SparkFriends... especially some of my teams like:
• the Red Bra Philosophy (this one is a Private team)
• Christan Women with Depression
• Christian Living
There are other teams too that have helped me so much but these are the ones that I think deserve a very special mention in my life. Thank you guys SOOOOOOOO much! I love you all SOOOOOO much! LOL
I actually ended this year looking forward to Christmas, for the first time in many years. Thank you God and thank you SP friends for helping me get to this point! Now I have goals & dreams, and I believe... no, I KNOW... that I will accomplish them! This is so far from where I had been in the past.
At one time I was paralyzed with fear of socializing and because of severe depression episodes that would last for weeks and months at a time. So much so that I couldn't even care for myself properly at times. Other times I had memory gaps; and there were times when I didn't recognize my surroundings or those around me for an instant. This is incredibly scary! The times that were my best moments in those years, are now my worst moments! It's almost a complete turn around. My depression is all but gone. There is no cure, so I'm not cured; but I am doing very well again. I am capable of thinking clearly like normal people. I can make decisions again, have dreams and I'm able to focus and work toward those goals. My healthy lifestyle is a huge part of this. Not only because of the weight loss, which in turn, I believe to help my state of mind in a number of ways; but also because my brain is healthier because I'm no longer putting poison into my body. I'm trying very hard to stay away from processed foods, which I know now to be one of the biggest culprits to making me have severe and out of control episodes to the point I wanted to die! I've cut out the bad stuff and I'm putting the best healthy food I can afford into my body which is feeding not only my body but my brain. My brain is literally healing from all the damage done to it from bad foods and unhealthy living. I now believe that only half my problem was the disease of depression. The other half was just damage from bad foods and medications. I've been medication free for the whole of 2009! I am SOOOO proud to say that! I intend on staying drug free for the rest of my life!
I truly believe that 2010 will be my best year yet. I really believe that it will be THE year that everything finally all comes together and I can see the fruits of my labor and suffering. This year I will do the following things, and maybe more!
Goals for 2010:
• To put my workouts back on track
• To reach out and socialize with others more to make some new friends
• To reconnect with old friends (Treneta, Charlene, and John & Daphne)
• To get a part time job
• To meet and get close to my ‘Mr. Right’
• To find some volunteer work that I like doing
• To pay my debt load
• Say NO more often - and not feel guilty - because if I don't I am really saying NO to me.
• Try hard not to be judgmental and pass judgment on others
• Make a budget and stick to it!
• Read more
• Get my morning routine back on track (devotionals, meditations, positive affirmation times, workouts)
• Write more blogs & share with my SP friends more!
Well, that's it for this year. It's a memory and an important stepping stone in my journey. Thank you for your help, influence, and guidance throughout this year. It will not be forgotten.
Oh... and check out the new SparkPage design! The wild side of me is reemerging! I love it! Woo Hoo!
Thursday, December 17, 2009
A few days ago when I was under an overwhelming stress load, I was waiting for a couple of phone calls. Well, the phone rang, and it was one of the 2 calls I was waiting for. I needed some counseling that day and this was the call. I answered the phone and as I did I walked into my living room to sit on the couch. Well, the first thing I saw was a wonderful pile of shredded rag! My beautiful little puppy had gotten hold of the disposable cleaning rags that I had been cleaning with and shredded the lot into a nice pile on the couch. I picked up the pile as I talked on the phone, not saying anything about it to my friend on the phone. Later in the conversation (about 20 minutes later), the call was coming close to an end. I turned around to look at the other end of my big sectional couch and there’s my beautiful puppy, once again chewing on some leaves he’d ripped from one of the houseplants! Well, as I finished telling my counsellor about the big issues in my life that he just helped me through, I ended the topic of the moment with “and the other thing that I’m having a problem with is that I have this doggie that eats everything”. My intent was to toss some humor into my conversation, but I was serious and sarcastic at the same time.
Well, my friend says that he didn’t understand why I’d want another dog in the first place. He doesn’t understand why I’d want any animals in the house. He just doesn’t grasp the concept of pets or why anyone would want them. I tried to explain the whole idea that they need love, I love them, and they are my babies, etc. But I didn’t get through to him. Well, as is his custom, he ended our conversation with a prayer. When he was done he says “and you notice that I didn’t pray for the dogs”. Well, this made me laugh because I know he was teasing me yet he’s serious too!
When I hung up the phone, I thought “I need to pray for him. He needs a dog in his life!” So, I prayed and began my own little campaign with God to get this man a dog! So if you’re reading this please pray for my friend that God opens a space in his heart to let in a beautiful dog; and that special space that can only be filled by a dog, gets filled! Doggie owners will know what I mean here.
Anyway, this got me to thinking about all the awesome qualities about dogs and why my life has always been so very blessed by having dogs around me. Here’s what I came up with so far... there’s a reason why the word DOG is also the word GOD spelled backwards!
• Dogs need to be talked to... to create the bond. Yep, just like God, if you want to create that special bond you got to talk to Him every day!
• Dogs are loyal without failure. Just like God, a dog will be loyal to his dying breath! He won’t EVER fail you!
• Dogs will love you no matter what, even when you’re angry with him. Even when he’s angry with you, it is very short lived and he’ll always run to greet you when you get home like there was never a problem in the first place. So, again, just like God, who will love you and want to be close to you, and He’ll never leave your side no matter what!
• Your Dog will always protect you! Granted some little dogs have no clue that they are little! They think they can take on a big dog with no problem! I had a Pomeranian like that once... he picked a fight with a German Sheppard! But in the end, your doggie will try to protect you when you need it! Again, just like God, He will do everything in His power to protect you!
• To make your Dog completely happy all you have to do is come home! Again, just like God, all you have to do to make Him happy is just be there, Love Him, want to see Him, and believe in Him. Anyone who’s ever owned a dog will tell you that one of the most awesome things in life is to open that door at the end of a long day and see that little tail wagging at its fastest!
• Dogs are real! Yep, just like God, what you see is what you get! Unlike people there is nothing hidden, no secrets, no hidden agendas, and no hidden feelings.
• Dogs are truthful. Yep, just like God, who will always let you know when you’ve messed up! He’ll try to set you straight and show you who the master is!
• Dogs are beautiful! Just like God, who is absolutely beautiful!
• Dogs are dependable... just like God. He will never let you down.
• Dogs are forgiving. Just like God, there will never be a problem that He won’t forgive you for!
• Dogs are faithful. Again, just like God who is faithful to you always.
• Your Dog is your friend. Just like God who is your best friend. He will listen to you when you talk. He will let you cry and not complain. He will let you scream and yell and not dump you from His life. He will listen to your laughter; and He will sit with you and not say a word, yet still have a great time doing it!
• Dogs are good... just like God who is truly good by nature.
• Dogs are jealous. Just like God who is a jealous God.
• Dogs are loving... just like God who is all love. All He wants is love and to be loved.
• Dogs are reliable... just like God, who will NEVER let you down.
• Dogs are trustworthy... just like God, you can trust Him completely.
• Dogs are wholehearted... just like God, who does everything for you with His whole heart!
Here’s an article that I read that has much of the same idea behind it. I thought it was interesting.
OK, here’s some cool stuff about dogs! There’s Dog Rules (according to the one who makes the rules... the dog. LOL), a couple of great poems, and a funny story about a dog named Sex! LOL. Some of this stuff I've found online... other stuff I've just had saved on my computer forever & I have no clue where I originally got it! LOL. After is a list of photos of the dogs I’ve had and have!
1. The dog is not allowed in the house.
2. OK, the dog is allowed in the house, but only in certain rooms.
3. The dog is allowed in all rooms, but has to stay off the furniture.
4. The dog can get on the old furniture only.
5. Fine, the dog is allowed on all the furniture, but is not allowed to sleep with the humans on the bed.
6. OK, the dog is allowed on the bed, but only by invitation.
7. The dog can sleep on the bed whenever he wants, but not under the covers.
8. The dog can sleep under the covers by invitation only.
9. The dog can sleep under the covers every night.
10. Humans must ask permission to sleep under the covers with the dog.
THINGS TO LEARN FROM A DOG
• Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
• Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
• When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
• When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.
• Let others know when they've invaded your territory.
• Take naps and stretch before rising.
• Run, romp and play daily.
• Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.
• Be loyal.
• Never pretend to be something you're not.
• If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
• When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
• Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
• Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
• On hot days, drink lots of water and lay under a shady tree.
• When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
• No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into the guilt thing and pout... run right back and make friends.
• Bond with your pack.
• Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
THEIR MASTER’S VOICE
In loving memory of Chipper - Dec. 17, 1993 - March 20, 1996
Dogs just seem to take in stride
the passing of each day,
content to let the hours pass
whatever comes their way.
They seem to know a secret
which offers peach of mind
a secret dogs just seem to know
and humans seldom find.
They lead an unassuming life
and know their masters voice
a simple touch of their masters hand
will cause them to rejoice.
They listen for his footsteps
and wait beside the door
content to let the world go by
to serve him evermore
and when they’re taken from us
the pain is hard to bear
but happy memories linger on
to keep them ever near.
WHY GOD MADE DOGS
When God had made the Earth and Sky, the flowers and the trees,
He then made all the animals, and all the birds and bees.
And when His work was finished, not one was quite the same,
He said, "I'll walk the Earth of mine, and give each one a name."
And so He traveled land and sea, and everywhere He went,
a little creature followed Him, until it's strength was spent.
When all were named upon the Earth,
and in the sky and sea, the little creature said,
"Dear Lord, there's not one left for me."
The Father smiled and softly said, "I've left you 'til the end,
I've turned my name from back to front, and called you DOG, my friend."
FUN STORY: This is a story that my Uncle used to tell us when I was growing up! It always got a good laugh at a party. LOL
A DOG NAMED SEX
Usually everyone who has a dog either calls him Rover or Boy or something. I call mine “Sex”. Well, Sex is very embarrassing name. One day I took Sex for a walk and he ran away from me. I spend hours looking for that dog. A cop came along and asked me what I was doing in the alley at 4 o’clock in the morning. Is said “I’m looking for Sex”. My case comes up next Thursday.
One day I went to city hall to get a dog license for Sex. The clerk asked me what I wanted. I told him I wanted a license for Sex. He said “I would like to have one too”. Then I asked “but this is a dog and he said he didn’t care how she looked. Then I said “you don’t understand. I’ve had Sex since I was two years old” and he replied “you must have been a very strong boy.”
When I decided to get married I told the minister that I wanted to have Sex at the wedding. He told me to wait until after the wedding. I said “but Sex has played a big part in my life and my whole lifestyle revolves around Sex”. The minister said he didn’t want to hear about my personal life and would not marry us in his church. I told him everyone coming to the wedding would enjoy having Sex there. The next day we were married in front of the justice of the peace. And my family is banned from the church!
My wife and I took the dog along with us on the honeymoon. When I checked into the motel I told the clerk and I wanted to room for my wife and me and a special room for Sex. The clerk said that every room in the motel is for Sex. Then I said “you don’t understand. Sex keeps me awake at night” and he said “me too”.
One day I told my friend that I had Sex on TV. He said “show off!” I told him it was a contest and he told me I should have sold tickets. When my wife and I separated, we went to court to fight for custody of the dog. I said “Your Honour, I had Sex before I was married”. And the judge said “me too”. Then I told him that after I was married Sex left me. And he said “me too.”
Well now I’ve been thrown in jail, been married, divorced and had more darn trouble with that dog then I ever gambled for. Why just the other day when I went for my first visit to the psychiatrist and he asked me “what seems to be the trouble?” and I replied “well Sex died and left my life. It’s like losing a best friend and it is so lonely” the doctor said “look mister, you and I both know that sex isn’t man’s best friend, so get yourself a dog.”
PHOTOS OF MY DOGS:
Casey (1 of my 2 current dogs)
Taco (1 of my 2 current dogs)
Chipper (the poem above is dedicated to him)
Pipocas (Pronounced 'Pee-pock-ish'... is Portuguese for Popcorn) - Owned by my ex-MIL but little Pipocas would come and live with us for part of the year while my MIL & FIL were in Portugal.
Cracker Jack (Cracker for short) - Owned by my SIL, but Cracker lived with me for a long time so I could babysit her. Cracker's Mommy is a trucker and was on the road working.
Gertie (owned by my cousin, but lived with my family when I was a kid 'cause my cousin lived in a place that didn't allow dogs). I mean, look at those beautiful eyes! How can you turn that away?! LOL
OK... is there a chance that you may have figured out by now that I'm a doggie person?! LOL
Get An Email Alert Each Time SPARKYCARLEY Posts