Friday, September 12, 2014
I did the body fat test which was suppose to give me a healthy weight.
My numbers are as follows:
It says that I have 45% body fat, and I would have thought it was more.
185 pounds of lean muscle and 151 pounds of fat.
That makes my goal for weight loss 231 pounds.....seems way to high.
Looking over some of the other Sunny Gals results, it seems that for those of us who have higher weight, our healthy weight goals seem to be very high, those that are already closer to goal are much closer or right on.
I think I will stick with my goal of 170 because I know I felt my best when I was about 165, I was solid as a rock and really felt well.
Saturday, March 22, 2014
I have thought long and hard about my situation and the legs have always been a problem because of the limitations, but they are not my biggest roadblock. My biggest roadblock is my love of food, I actually love food. Some people talk about a few minutes of happiness and then hours of guilt that they feel after they eat too much or eat food that is not good for them....I do not feel that.
I use food to keep me awake while trying to watch TV at night because it is usually too early to go to bed for the night. I know this is a very bad thing, I have tried to play computer games to keep my hands busy while watching or listening to the TV. This is my down time until wedding season starts and I am relaxing a lot more trying to heal the legs, etc.
I also have a hard time starting a good eating plan midweek. There is always something coming up, an event, a special dinner, etc. coming up and I have always had a problem starting on a Wednesday or after I have had a big lunch etc. I know there are some people that can have a big lunch and get right back on the wagon. I have sabotaged myself with the negative talk of "well I blew it today, I might at well have something else" and on and on.
I actually think my biggest roadblock is myself.
Saturday, January 11, 2014
This blog about my hurdles during my weight loss journey.
1. Changing my eating habits is not only hard, but dangerous for me. Because I am on blood thinners, I cannot make dramatic changed in my eating because it throws my blood clotting levels way out of whack and that is dangerous for my leg. I have fought since 1993 to keep my right leg and it is on my mind every day.
2. It always seems that there is some event that keeps me from staying on track. Holidays, birthdays, special events and the all dreaded (or loved) caterer left over's from the weddings.
3. Living with 2 people who can eat whatever they want and NEVER gain a pound.
4. Being able to say NO to second helpings, buffet luncheons with friends, another drink on Tuesdays with my old GM group and then that leads to bad bar food.
5. Snacking while watching TV.
6. Large limits on exercising because of the artery troubles in my leg. I cannot walk very much at all (or I am not suppose to).
7. Losing 65 pounds with my Dr. at a Medical Weight Loss clinic and then severely hurting my knee to where I could not ride my recumbent bike or use the elliptical and putting the weight back on.
8. Losing my mother this year and now facing the limited time that I have with my father, he is very sick and losing his battle with kidney disease.
These are all excuses that are in my head, or hurdles, but I know I can beat this and all of those listed, but I needed to put myself first. Huh, I guess that should have been the 1st hurdle, I never do that.
Get An Email Alert Each Time SMALLERMELORIE Posts