Thursday, May 26, 2011
Actually the last couple.. went over on some of my nutritional goals!!!
AAARRGGHHH!!! What is wrong with me, is this what you call sabotaging yourself? I just "don't want to do it" but I really do! I just want to eat whatever I want!! So frustrating..sometimes I feel like I am the only one that does this.
This is ridiculous, I need a kick in the pants, I need to look at the positives over the last couple of days
1. by stepping on the scale, it hasn't gone up, that is a positive
2. I have been going for my walk and getting some excercise, that is a positive
3. I think I look better in some of my clothes, that is a positive
SO WHY DO I KEEP EATING CRAP????
Monday, May 23, 2011
Wow! That was tough!
Does anyone else find it difficult over the weekends with food? This was officially my first weekend on Spark. I did OK, I went a bit out of my nutritional goals but I did go a step in the right direction but I decided not to beat myself up. I was AWARE of those goals, kept up with my tracking and made smarter choices because of those goals. For example, last night, I was starving at about 5:30 p.m. about an hour before dinner, instead of going for junk, like the Cheetos in the closet I opted for a handful of grapes.
I need to figure out a way to keep myself in line on the weekends, does anyone have any ideas. How do you keep yourself in those nutritional ranges when you are at a hot dog cookout after your son's T-ball game? or at a Memorial Day picnic???
I did step on the scale this morning though...down .2 from yesterday's weigh in day..
Friday, May 20, 2011
Are the bomb if your weakness is chips/salt!
In my journey to become healthier I have discovered Sunflower seeds. Chips and dip have always been my downfall as I love the salty taste. (and sweets of course) I've done some research on lower carb foods and bought my first bag of sunflower seeds the other day at the grocery store. I love them, they satisfy me in both my salt craving and they do curb hunger for a few hours. Mind you they are high in sodium so you have to watch that, but I do believe I found a favorite new snack!
As far as the hurdles I am working on overcoming, I have done my cardio and my strength training on schedule this week so a definate plus! Also have been eating veggies (peas for dinner last night and a salad with cauliflower cucumbers and carrots for both the dinner night before last and lunch yesterday!)
Also sneaked on the scale this morning, down 2.4...whoop whoop!
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
I have figured out, I have two major hurdles to overcome in the journey to the new me. Yes, they are major!!
1. I don't like vegetables
2. I have limited time to excercise, but I don't like it much anyway.
I have to attack these one at a time, I know I have to in order to make a more healthy lifestyle.
1. I have decided I am leaving work early and going to the grocery store, following is my list as to what I will eat so I will start there: baby carrots, cauliflower, frozen peas, frozen beans. Fat free sour cream and onion dip. OK, that might not be the best (the dip), but I figure it is better to snack on veggies with some dip rather than having no veggies at all. Just make sure I journal that dip. I am also going to get: grapes, strawberries, bananas
2. I am tracking my fitness and that is helping, I really like how it tells me how many calories I need to burn. I don't mind walking, and the fact I have to walk about three blocks anyway from my car to my office I might as well count it. Both ways, total of 10 minutes...boom 74 calories burned. I have also decided to make sure I go for a walk after lunch, that is definately a good thing especially to get out of the office, it has been rather stressful here lately, but that story is for another day. I just got back, 26 minute walk...boom another 129 calories burned so that leaves me with only having to burn another 60, that is another walk less than 10 minutes, not so bad. Also on my fitness agenda today is strength training, this is the hard part for me...Yuck!!! On my first day, I did strength in the dining room after dinner while waiting for my kids to get finished with their dinner. Yes, they thought mom was crazy but hey....I did it. Not sure when I am going to do it tonight, but I have my excercises and I will do them sometime (I'll let you know tomorrow...)
So the above 2 hurdles are the things I need to change my perspective on and work on in order to get where I want to go....one day at a time I suppose
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
OK, so today is day 2, so far so good. Yesterday I was just getting accustomed to the website and keeping track of what I ate. Unfortunately I went over on carbs and calories...got to work on that. I also burned 199 out of 238 calories, which is a start I suppose. During lunch I did go for a walk with a coworker so that was definitely a good first step, I am going to continue doing that. (Note, I did not say I was hoping to continue! I am going to do it!) Also, last night I started some beginner strength training, that went OK, but boy am I out of shape, how did I get this way?
No matter, it doesn't matter how I got this way it only matters that I am ready to make a change. It also doesn't hurt we are going to the beach for a week at the end of June and I want to lose at least 10 lbs by then.
I will say, I have tried WW at least 3 times and I have gotten "bored" and just don't feel like doing it. Well I am tired of feeling this way...just ick, I don't feel good about how I look and I know my hubby would like me to lose a few pounds as I just don't feel attractive and it does affect our relationship. Most importantly though, I need to do this for me.
With that being said, I'm on my way to "Getting it Off!"
Get An Email Alert Each Time SLIPPS824 Posts