Monday, October 04, 2010
Subject: Puns for Educated Minds
1. The fattest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Circumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.
2. I thought I saw an eye doctor on an Alaskan island, but it turned out to be an optical Aleutian .
3. She was only a whiskey maker, but he loved her still.
4. A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class, because it was a weapon of math disruption.
5. No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.
6. A dog gave birth to puppies near the road and was cited for littering.
7. A grenade thrown into a kitchen in France would result in Linoleum Blownapart.
8. Two silk worms had a race. They ended up in a tie.
9. A hole has been found in the nudist camp wall. The police are looking into it.
10. Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
11. Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
12. Two hats were hanging on a hat rack in the hallway. One hat said to the other: 'You stay here; I'll go on a head.'
13. I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.
14. A sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center said: 'Keep off the Grass.'
15. The midget fortune-teller who escaped from prison was a small medium at large.
16. The soldier who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran.
17. A backward poet writes inverse.
18. In a democracy it's your vote that counts. In feudalism it's your count that votes.
19. When cannibals ate a missionary, they got a taste of religion.
20. If you jumped off the bridge in Paris , you'd be in Seine .
21. A vulture boards an airplane, carrying two dead raccoons. The stewardess looks at him and says, 'I'm sorry, sir, only one carrion allowed per passenger.'
22. Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
23. Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, so they lit a fire in the craft. Unsurprisingly it sank, proving once again that you can't have your kayak and heat it too.
24. Two hydrogen atoms meet. One says, 'I've lost my electron.' The other says 'Are you sure?' The first replies, 'Yes, I'm positive.'
25. Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused Novocain during a root canal? His goal: transcend dental medication.
26. There was the person who sent ten puns to friends, with the hope that at least one of the puns would make them laugh. No pun in ten did.
Sunday, October 03, 2010
Well after fidgeting around the house and getting laundry going and finding the paper towels in the spare room and deciding on supper, I was off to the school. I had gone through a couple of boxes and took a lot of it to school and even got to throw out some of it. Then I spent a couple hours there getting ready for the week and doing up a chart for the book buddies tomorrow.
Just have the homework to get organized tonite and another week starting tomorrow. So here I find myself speechless again.
Supper was vegetarian chicken, rice and a huge serving of stir fry veggies. Well, must get to my work. Another short week and very long weekend, probably go to the city... haven't decided when yet.
Saturday, October 02, 2010
Wow, that was some meeting! Being new to it all, it was confusing with all the acronyms and I had to look silly and ask for explanation! So much going on but for sure it will give me lots of info on how things work. I took an opportunity to add the fact that I had been laid off last year on second last day, and it was interesting who came and asked me about it.
Anyway, we had an uneventful trip home with no wildlife on the road. We stopped in a little town for a bit, but nothing exciting.
So I have lots of info to pass out to everyone at school. Not much else, just lots of driving today.
And I'm tired.... off to school tomorrow to get prepped for the week... Hope everyone is resting and relaxing and taking advantage of reduced responsibilities on the weekend.
Saturday, October 02, 2010
Short and sweet day at school.... 3 of my kids gave me a hug before I left. They all wanted to know where I was going and who was taking care of them....
I left school at 12:15 when the kids went out for lunch. Had a safe uneventful trip, we got here at just before 5pm.
we had stopped to gas up at Lac La Biche and had A& W Uncle Burger. Here, we went for a Subway sub and then shopped at the Dollar 'Giant and Walmart and found Shoppers Drug Mart closed at 9:23. BUt I left out the big deal, we went to Lesser Slave Lake and had a really nice long walk on the beach. DH even took the camera and I expected to post a pic, but the camera had no charge and we couldn't use it. He's going to check it and see if we can get it recharged for tomorrow if that's what's wrong.
Been fighting with this wifi to get computer going for a couple hours, and I', frustrated but it is finally working, but I gotta go to bed now. Meeting at 9am
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Had an open face rye bread egg sandwich with antipasto fro breakfast and rye and ham sandwich for lunch and supper was pork chops, with spaghetti squash and baby potatoes with edame... I ate lots of fruit today and went over a bit.
Did something tonite I have never ever done before. The TA brought me a front quarter of a deer. So, we put it in bath tub to wash and then tried to cut it up with kitchen knife and scissors. So, an hour and a half or so later, we had 2 roasts, a soup bone cooking on the stove and 2 bags of stew meat.... I hope we like it. I was surprised that dh took charge of "butchering" it...
Well, at least that kept me from eating a lot tonite! I didn't go to school tonite with the arrival of the meat. But, I leave at 12:15 tomorrow and then recess, gym,, computer class, Cree cultural class and then probably they will put on a movie, not much sense trying to expect a TA to try to teach them, because everyone is related, they really take advantage of their auntie's, so may as well make it easy on them.
Left school shortly before 4pm today - not bad considering I promised myself I would leave right away...
So, pray for travelling mercies for me as I get on the road for a 4-5 hr. trip tomorrow....
Get An Email Alert Each Time SLIMLILA Posts