Saturday, May 25, 2013
After one good eating day, I feel strong and in control again! Let me repeat that: after just one good eating day, I feel strong (in regard to food) and in control again. AMAZING!! Good, good feeling.
The scale shows I'm 3 pounds heavier than 5 weeks ago. Okay. I can live with that or I can choose to change that. Not deciding this minute. Either way works. Right now I just want to eat very, very healthy. I've adjusted my fitness tracker to reflect what I can realistically expect to accomplish now given current limitations. Calorie range is 1400-1750. I can do it!
Thanks, SparkFriends, for all your support. Maintenance is not easy for me, but my SparkFriends make it possible. Thanks again.
Friday, May 24, 2013
* As long as I don't give up, I will continue to succeed.
* Today is an important day for healthy eating and healthy living.
* Just because I have no working stove and no working microwave, doesn't mean I can't eat healthy today. For one thing, I have brown rice already cooked up. On this hot day a cold rice dish just might be good. (Check out a crock pot recipe for tonight.)
* I can track my food. Without tracking I don't really know if I'm doing good or not.
* I can control my portions. I have time to measure today. I do not need to overeat. I need to fuel my body well.
* I don't have to overeat in the evening. Natalie is spending the night tonight and we can have fun that isn't fattening! And that can start a positive streak for me!!
* Just because my left shoulder is really hurting and my left glute continues to bother me doesn't mean I can't walk and be active. I can nurture myself in other ways than overeating.
* I can choose to be discouraged by the number on the scale (almost 5 pounds over where I want) OR I can celebrate that I've kept off 80 pounds for 4 years+ AND/OR I can accept the number on the scale as feedback telling what I've been doing recently doesn't work for me!
* I can watch the sodium today which will help. Bread, deli meats, mustard, and cheese are good foods for the rest of the family when we have no cooking facilities, but too high in sodium for me to eat much today.
* I have been successful in getting back on track over and over again the last four years. Of course, I can do it again! Of course, it is worth it!
Sunday, May 19, 2013
Did a 75 minute walk this morning. I used the Kathy Smith one hour walking workout on my MP3 player and felt downright sentimental. Hadn't used that one for several years. I remember when that was a challenging workout, especially the 4 minutes of intervals. Now I am feeling grateful that I can get some activity in, but know I'm losing some level of fitness in this time my injury won't let me run.
I swam on Friday. Swimming is not my favorite activity, but it is low impact, so good for rehab. Yesterday I walked on and off for hours with my daughter, son in law, 2 grandkids and hubby at LEGOLAND. It was fun, although it definitely doesn't handle crowds as well as Disney. Little Gwen has just made it to 34 inches and she loves all the thrill rides she can do now. Wish I was half as brave as she is!! It was so much fun watching her on the Bouncing Beetle with her dad and sister. She could not have been more delighted.
So, injury or not, life is good! Keeping positive, healing thoughts here. Spark On!!
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Yesterday I met with my new doctor and got the results of lab work. Overall cholesterol was 169 -- not bad, especially when it had been 240 when I was heavy. The best news was the HDL. It had been very low and my previous doctor was glad to see it up to 55 last year. Well, now it is 65, which I understand is just about optimal. I have a strong family history of high cholesterol and heart disease, so these are important numbers for me. Thanks to SparkPeople and all my SparkFriends for giving me the information and support I need to improve my health!!
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
I woke up wanting to run this morning. It was in my heart and soul - wanting to go, go, go, free. But when my feet hit the floor this morning, a whole section of muscles rebelled and told me that today is not a running day. Yesterday while trying to take an easy walk break from work, I tripped on uneven sidewalk. Almost fell. Caught myself, but immediately experienced a sharp pain. Darn. Setback.
I was hoping to run another 5K on June 1st and start half marathon training shortly after that. We'll see.
Thanks to all of you who made suggestions about my job opportunity. So far so good on that issue. I believe I can contribute without stressing myself out. For May, I'm working in the office as a volunteer three days only, and the acting director can call or e-mail me with questions. Although it is flattering to know there is paid employment available if I want it, I am affirming that I want to remain a retiree and caregiver to my grandkids!
Get An Email Alert Each Time SLENDERELLA61 Posts