Wednesday, June 09, 2010
I had a fitness class last night at 6 and asked hubby if he would mind frying bacon for some BLT sandwiches while I was gone. I had been dreaming of BLTs for a few days, actually looking forward to eating one and had it all planned in my calories for yesterday. I stopped by the house to pick up my gym clothes and hubby had made sloppy joes - YUCK. Well first off this is one of hubby's traditions - to cook sloppy joes for everyone's birthday, don't know where he got this tradition but everyone hates them, except for him, but we all just usually smile and eat them anyway. So I politely and calmly say, "I thought we were having BLT's" and he said "no since it's your birthday I made sloppy joes". Well this just totally sent me over the edge, I thought I was gonna cry - because not only do I hate them, but I did not have enough calories left for the day to eat them. I calmly said "thanks honey" and left for the gym. On the way to class I was venting about the gross sloppy joes and how he knows better than to change the meal since I am on budgeted calories - the nerve. I know I should be greatful that he cooked, but I was just down right upset. My sister soothes me by telling me hubby was only "pulling my leg", cuz he knows I hate sloppy joes and that he was going to have BLTs cooked when we got home. Sheesh, what a relief I didn't have to eat sloppy joes. That wasn't a very nice trick he played on me. I'm just glad I didn't blow up about the sloppy joes but... don't mess with my calories by switching meals on me.
Class was great, BLTs were done when I got home - DELICIOUS, and hubby even surprised me with a small birthday cake - ending the night on a "Sweet" note. It made me forget all about the sloppy joe fiasco.
Tuesday, June 08, 2010
Today is my 41st birthday . I usually dread birthdays, but not this year. Life is good. I was jogging this morning and was thinking about the positive things that have happened since I started my journey with Spark, to name a few...
1. Lost 84 pounds
2. Gone from ZERO exercise to 30-90 minutes daily
3. I CAN...run 3 miles
4. I eat only healthy foods (99% of the time) - eating fresh veggies and fruits I never thought I would like (bananas, asparagus, soy beans, etc.)
5. A size 22/24 to a 10/12
6. Attitude has changed into a POSITIVE one.
7. Healthy eating and exercise are the "No. 1 PRIORITY"
8. I HAVE...found acceptance, great advice and great, new, caring friends on Sparkpeople
9. I CAN... control my appetite and junk cravings
10. Goal setting - I CAN.. do anything if I set a goal and stick to it
11. Self esteem has improved
12. I AM...no longer ashamed to be seen in a bathing suit (still lots of room for improvement)
13. Don't mind having my picture taken
14. I CAN... get up at 4:30 a.m. and get in a great workout to start my day (I used to be so lazy)
15. I CAN... smile and it's authentic - overall happiness, with a zest for life.
16. I LOOK...for the best in others and try to help them feel good about themselves
17. I no longer look at skinny people with an evil eye - I CAN...appreciate the fact that even though they are thin, there are always things about our bodies that we want to change (yes, even skinny people want to change things)
So many wonderful changes have taken place over the past two years, the list could go on. I HAVE...learned to appreciate my mind, body and inner strength. I feel I am a much stronger person (overall) having come so far on this journey, and I have learned a lot (good eating habits, healthy cooking, fitness, etc).
I WILL... continue to reach out to others to share what I have learned, to encourage and help others as others have helped me. I WILL...continue to spread the SPARK. It has changed my life for the better and hopefully I CAN...help others to reach their goals and to feel good about themselves.
This next year is my race to the finish line - my ultimate goal is within sight and I WILL...continue to move towards that goal and FINISH what I started two years ago. It's been a rough ride, full of ups and downs - but I WILL..finish. I feel very proud of what I have accomplished and I continue to be amazed at the things I CAN do that I never thought were possible.
Thank you to all my family, friends, and SPARK family for all the encouragement and support I have been given. Could not have come this far without you all.
Friday, June 04, 2010
Ok, new strategy cuz the old one is not working anymore, scale hasn't moved in a month, so reassessing everything. Started this morning with more calories and a little less intense exercise. I had not been eating enough to support all the hi-energy workouts I had been doing, so I am cutting back just a tad. Hopefully, this will work. Keep your fingers crossed, cuz I would really love to see that scale move, and I'm not gonna weigh myself again until July 1st, tired of being depressed with a non-moving scale. Wish me luck.
Get An Email Alert Each Time SKINNYPOWELL1 Posts