Tuesday, January 05, 2010
Okay, as I said yesterday, I'm trying to eat out of my pantry and refrigerator and see if I can make it through the month of January. So, I thought I'd share what I ate today:
I had oat groats that I spun in the vitamix with 1 1/2 cups water, soaked overnight and then cooked this morning with 1/2 cup of peaches and a smidge of cinnamon. I wanted to add some protein so I whipped up two egg whites to stiff peaks and then folded them in during the last couple of minutes of cooking. I got a huge serving of fluffy, protein packed oats.. yummmm... What normally would be one serving of oats turned into 2!!
I had a salad at work sans cheese, eggs and nuts but with green peppers, broccoli, carrots and cucumbers with 1/2 cup of cottage cheese for dressing. It was pretty darn good. (No picture available)
Honey Crisp Apple, small
UNBELIEVABLE. I admit it. I was STARVING when I got home. Time to be creative. I knew I had a skinless chicken breast in the fridge, check! I looked in the freezer and found some Green Giant Simply Steam Garden Veggies, check!
mmmmm something else... ahhh Shiratake Noodles (AKA yam noodles), Check!.. they have next to no calories..
mix it all together, season it up and I had a FEAST
All this for a whopping 235 calories!! And look at those carbs!! and i'm STUFFED!
I can I will Hell Yeah!
Monday, January 04, 2010
At first when I looked back on 2009, I was irritated with myself. Here I am AGAIN struggling with the same old thing .. but that's not exactly right.. I did accomplish something pretty darn big - I QUIT SMOKING!! I declared my Indepence from smoking on July 4th.. I had some set backs but I never allowed myself to think "okay I'm a smoker again" and because of that I have been completely smoke free with no relapses for several months (not quite sure since I always held on to that July the 4th date).. anyway.. YEAH ME! No more sneaking around, no more bad breath or stinky clothes and I have the chance to live a longer healthier life - without having to tote around a cylinder of oxygen!
Now, on to the January Plan:
Nutrition Plan: Based on knowing that my body responds VERY poorly to refined carbs which causes me to have unbelievable cravings and is VERY addicting for me... so here it is.. not sure how to categorize it but it probably leans more towards low carb (sort of)..
1. Eat between 1200 and 1700 calories a day; keeping more towards the 1200 end of the spectrum. I'm a HUGE believer that you can't out train a bad diet (see this video on you tube www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQbuzsY_34Q .
2. Eat whole foods and minimal refined foods/sugar; keep the carbs complex except for fruit... fruit is good but try to keep on the low glycemic end of the spectrum
3. Eat 5-6 small meals a day
4. Eat breakfast everyday
5. Include plenty of protein to help keep my satiated.
6. Try to go the entire month buying less than$50 groceries while still meeting my nutritional goals (I am ONE person and I have a ton of food in the freezer/cupboard.. I'm going to see how long I can make it and will report each week on how much money I spend at the grocery store and what I buy)
7. Log food daily
1. This feels a bit lame.. but it's a different approach than I've ever done before - baby steps - so.. my goal for the Month of January is to be working out at 1 hour a day by the end of the month but accomplishing this by starting out at 10 minutes a day and working up from there on the following plan.
Jan 4, 2010 10 minutes monday
Jan 5, 2010 11 minutes tuesday
Jan 6, 2010 12 minutes wednesday
Jan 7, 2010 14 minutes thursday
Jan 8, 2010 16 minutes friday
Jan 9, 2010 20 minutes saturday
Jan 10, 2010 0 minutes sunday
Jan 11, 2010 20 minutes monday
Jan 12, 2010 20 minutes tuesday
Jan 13, 2010 25 minutes wednesday
Jan 14, 2010 25 minutes thursday
Jan 15, 2010 30 minutes friday
Jan 16, 2010 30 minutes saturday
Jan 17, 2010 0 minutes sunday
Jan 18, 2010 30 minutes monday
Jan 19, 2010 35 minutes tuesday
Jan 20, 2010 35 minutes wednesday
Jan 21, 2010 40 minutes thursday
Jan 22, 2010 40 minutes friday
Jan 23, 2010 40 minutes saturday
Jan 24, 2010 0 minutes sunday
Jan 25, 2010 40 minutes monday
Jan 26, 2010 45 minutes tuesday
Jan 27, 2010 45 minutes wednesday
Jan 28, 2010 50 minutes thursday
Jan 29, 2010 50 minutes friday
Jan 30, 2010 55 minutes saturday
Jan 31, 2010 0 minutes sunday
2. Complete the following Tabata Training schedule
Week 1 - 1 round 3 days
Week 2 - 2 rounds 3 days
Week 3 - 3 rounds 3 days
Week 4 - 4 rounds 3 days
3. Participate in Spark Your Body Boot Camp
4. Log fitness points daily
1. Participate in others success 3x week
2. Post to teams 3x week
3. Post a summary blog each week
4. Take before pictures and measurements
5. Invest in me purposefully... not an after thought
I am officially DONE... I can, I will, HELL YEAH!
Get An Email Alert Each Time SKINNYINMYHEAD Posts