Sunday, August 11, 2013
Five of a few of my favorite things
3) Blue Q
4) Dr. Brommers Peppermint soap
5) Zedric's: Fresh Gourmet to Go
1) SparkPeople is a wonderful and life changing resource. I have been using it for over a year, longer than any other weight loss program. Iím hesitant to call it a weight loss program because it is so much more than that. Itís more of a life changing health reboot. Wikipedia summarizes it as ďan American private company which develops and maintains several healthy living websitesĒ but since youíre reading this on my SparkPeople blog then you already knew that. I am eternally grateful for the SparkPeople program; my quality of life has become a great deal better. Because of SparkPeople, Iím living instead of just existing. My life is so ingrained to spread that spark that I lose myself for hours in a Spark Loop within its never ending articles, blogs, recipes and thatís ok because unlike other time sucker websites this one is changing me into a better person. The person Iíve always wanted to be.
2) The Fitbit is a tool that I use to monitor my healthy lifestyle progress. It keeps track of and challenges me to eat, sleep and exercise efficiently. I use it in conjunction with SparkPeople. Wikipedia says ďthe Fitbit Tracker, is a wireless-enabled wearable device that measures data such as the number of steps walked, quality of sleep, and other personal metricsĒ. I got the Fitbit as a Christmas present and itís a luxury item I canít live without. It keeps me on track. Itís the ultimate pedometer. I love that I can clip it onto my bra, I have a desk job and I fidget my legs a lot, thus adding lots of unearned steps on a regular pedometer, but not so with my Fitbit.
3) BlueQ is an awesome company that sells items made from recycled materials and employs people with disabilities. Their website describes them as ďDesigners and manufacturers of decorative objects and other awesome & artful curiosities.Ē I have a thing for bags and Blue Q has a large assortment of sizes and styles to feed my bag mania. Their prices aren't too shabby either.
Here are some splendid BlueQ facts:
- 1% of the sale of Blue Q bags support the conservation work of The Nature Conservancy*
- Blue Q has been the largest private employer of individuals with disabilities in Western Massachusetts for over 10 years
- Blue Q has been around since 1988
Check em out at www.blueq.com
4) Dr. Bronner's Magic All-In-One Peppermint Soap. Itís Organic, has 18 in 1 uses, fair trade, and the most refreshing soap on the market! Bathing with this after a long workout soothes and cools the skin. It revitalizes and wakes you up. I canít say enough wonderful things about this powerful potion. You can order it online, whole foods stores and camping stores. Since its all natural and serves many purposes itís great for camping and you can use it for dish washing, brushing your teeth, bathing, massage oil, just to name a few uses. It also does not harm the environment or pollute nearby water sources. Try it!
5) Zedric's: Fresh Gourmet to Go has been essential in helping me maintain my healthy life style. They have 2 locations in San Antonio, TX. They support every kind of diet from calorie restricted diets, vegetarian, to low carb and paleo. They strive to make all of their entrees as healthy as possible, while also making them very delicious by only using the freshest, high quality ingredients and using mostly local ingredients. Although it may seem expensive ($4-$12 for dinner) itís still cheaper then eating out and thereís ways to save on your Zedrics purchase. One is by buying foods that will expire that day, as they are 50% off. The meals will last for 7 days for most entrees, and 5 days for a seafood and salads. They print expiration dates on the labels. Zedric's meals are made fresh, with no preservatives added. . Another way to save is to purchase a zedcard. If you purchase one of the ZedCards to maximize your savings, any amount $100 or greater will get an automatic 10% added onto the card, and any amount $200 or greater will get an automatic 15% added to the card! There are no limitations placed on what you can purchase and the ZedCard never expires! So I fill up my Zed Card with $250 a month (Comes out to 287.50 with my 15%) and I use that to buy dinners for me and my husband 4-5 times a week for the entire month! I go shopping at Zeds once a week and /or every other day to scoop out what is going out for 50% off. They have Coconut Zed Bars that are like chocolate candy bars for 90 cals! Key Lime Pie made from greek yogurt for 200 cals and its gluten free! They rotate their menu but a classic is the ďNot friedĒ Chicken with Mashed Potatoes (made from mashed cauliflower). This place is a health nuts dream and everything taste fantastic! If you are in the San Antonio Area give it a try!
They currently have a groupon offer.