Monday, October 15, 2012
Emotional Eating Chain of Events:
1. Something Happens (Sleepiness, boredom, stress,
2. You think about it
3. You feel an emotion about it
4. You deal with the emotion by turning to food.
Prevent trigger emotions.
Avoid or change the situation or trigger.
Deal with the emotional problem directly.
Eating is only a temporally solution.
Change you thought or response to the emotion
Reduce the intensity of the emotion
Choose something other then eating to break the chain
Count to 10
Take a walk
Read a book
Craft or hobbies
Pray and read the bible.
Clean the house
Get on Sparkpeople.com
Monday, October 08, 2012
Coach Dietitian Becky Handís tips for not overeating at events and parties
3 methods to deal with the urge to overeat:
1) Stay away from the location or event
2) Change the route, the place or the activity, remove the cue to eat
3) Choose a different action to replace the action.
Save Calories through the week before the event
Know the calorie amount and range
Before you arrive plan ahead and visualize
Donít stand near the food, go to a different room, keep busy at the event
Donít drink your calories
Bring your own food to share
Look before you bite
Donít crash diet or over exercise
Bank for 2-4 days before the event
Review the event
If you mess up try to learn from it.
Stay in control of what you eat
Thursday, September 27, 2012
Next time I have a craving:
1) Track Cravings, Log in journal or blog
Note time of day, what the craving was for, How intense was it
2) Ask yourself is why do I have this craving (Borden, stress, emotional)
3) Create a plant to deal with your cravings; substitutions that fir with in my Spark Diet
4) Find a distraction technique
5) Go over previous blogs
6) Go over Spark Motivational poster.
Get An Email Alert Each Time SIRENALEANNE Posts