Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Week 4 went well: Lost another pound, which actually put me at a 24.9 BMI – under 25 for the first time since July! I did my stretching DVD,but have not called a friend yet. I’m going to have put that on my calendar or set up a reminder on my iPhone. The organized hike I still want to do conflicts with plans we made to see a holiday concert. I let my DH know what I wanted to do, but he responded in an ambiguous way. I'd still rather hike on Sunday. This past Monday I began my work’s holiday challenge—the 12-Days-of-Fitness, which adds an activity each day so by day 12 it takes over an hour to complete a good workout.
Action Plan for Countdown Week 3:
1. Stay in my daily calorie range every day (which also requires I track everything I eat).
2. Eat a balanced variety of foods that meet my body’s needs.
3. Continue to look for additional ways to comfort myself when I feel like eating.
1. Run 3x/week, total at least 20 miles.
2. ST/PT 2-3x/week.
3. 1x/week Cross-training (XT): Better 2x/week!: Stationary bike at the gym or DVD at home.
4. Stretching: 30+ minutes of stretching 1x/week.
5. Do a major conditioning hike.
6. Participate in my work’s 12-Days-of-Fitness challenge.
C. Mental health:
1. Continue meditating every morning for 20 minutes.
2. Participate in our sitting meditation group.
3. Make one phone call to a family member (other than my mother, whom I call daily) and one phone call to a friend this week.
4. Read something spiritual. It doesn’t have to be long, maybe just a paragraph.