Tuesday, November 05, 2013
First, a review of my goals for this round:
Get back to training mode:
1. Get back to eating within my calorie range for the period of this challenge. GOAL MET for the first half.
2. Get back at least to normal BMI (under 157 lbs). I am already ⅔ of the way there at the halfway point!
3. Get back to a race: Sign up for and run my usual Halloween Anti-Cancer 10K (8th consecutive year). GOAL MET!
4. Get back to doing some XT, like bike or swim, at least once a week. Better: 2-3x/week. GOAL MET for the first half. I have added swimming and stationary bike.
5. Get back to doing the iron strength workout 1x/week. I have not yet started this again.
6. Get back to stretching deeply 1x/week. I only have done this once in the first half. I need to schedule this or I will never do it!
7. Maintain my usual fitness schedule: 2-3x/week ST/PT, run 3x/week. GOAL MET for the first half.
Now to look forward for my next 6 weeks.
Mondays: Gym after work. XT/PT/ST= Stationary bike (most WECs have cardio element), 2 PT exercises, some ST (especially upper body) when thereís time.
Tuesdays: PT/ST before or after work, Pilates on days I donít have a conflict. LCW most weeks on Tuesdays.
Wednesdays: Regular run after work. This used to be the day Iíd do my deep stretching, after my run. I need to resume that.
Thursdays: Before or after work: TnT + PT/ST if possible. This used to be the day I did the iron strength workout for runners. I doubt I can do that and the TnT on the same day.
Fridays: Regular run (morning or after work depending on schedule & sunrise time). Usually no time to do more.
Saturdays: Swim in the morning. PT/ST when time allows, but I know I wonít do it unless I schedule it.
Sundays: Long run at sun-up.
I did my last after work run on the bike trail (not safe after dark) for the year last Wednesday. Iíll run on the trail in the mornings when I can (Sundays & some Fridays), but I have a winter route I run after work when itís dark thatís through a residential neighborhood. I plaster flashing lights on my hat & shirt and wear reflective clothes to make myself more visible to the cars. I enjoy running through there with the holiday lights, feeling like a part of the decoration myself with all my own blinking lights. That will start tomorrow!
I need to find a way to do the challenges and my regular ST & PT. I do better concentrating on ST because I always get enough cardio and it isnít as important for me to add more cardio as it is to add more ST. Itís hard to find the time. I have a routine thatís just over one hour I usually did on Thursdays, Saturdays, and Mondays. But now with the WECs, most of my time on Saturday & Monday has to be cardio. Thursdays can work well when the TnT intersects with what Iíd be doing anyway.
Iím waiting to add distance to my long run and start the iron strength workout for runners until I get below 160. Iím confident that will happen before the end of this round. I think I can do the workout most Thursdays after work, though I may have to minimize my TnT participation.