Monday, November 01, 2010
My goals for October were:
(1) Track all of my food --Whoo Hoo! I did this
(2) Walk or run/walk at least 3 miles every day--I did this all but four days.
(3) Continue with the c25k program as scheduled---I did this for two weeks and then discovered that I could already easily run the entire 5k distance without stopping so I continued to run at least 3 miles every other day.
(4) Average at least 11,500 steps a day. I did not do this one. According to my GoWearFit; I averaged 9,575 in October. That many steps is nothing to sneeze at, but this is where I know I could to better.
(5) Average a 500 calorie deficit a day. I did not do this one, but I feel pretty good about what I did do. According to my GoWearFit; I averaged a 434 calorie deficit in October. Whoo Hooo!!!
(6) Average at least two hours of activity. I didn't hit the mark on this one. According to my GoWear Fit; I averaged 1:40 in October. This is where I could to better.
(7) Lose 4 pounds during the month. Whoo Hoo! I did this one (barely)! October 1 starting weight: 138.0. November 1 starting weight is 133.8 for a total of 4.2 pounds lost during October.
Starting Waist/hip ratio: 0.83 . Current ratio is 0.83. (ideal is 0.80 or below) This result didn't change because I lost about 3/4 of an inch in both my hips and waist this month.
Starting Waist/height ratio: 0.52 . Current ratio is 0.51 (ideal is between 0.42 and 0.49). I am still overweight using this standard, but the ratio did go down 1%. I just need a 2% decrease to be in the ideal range.
Overall, I count last month in the "win" column. I continued to exercise, track food and lose weight---just not as much exercise as I had originally wanted to do.
My goals for November are:
(1) Track all foods
(2) Average at least 10,000 steps a day
(3) Average at least 2 hours of exercise a day
(4) Run at least 3 times a week, following the Galloway marathon training program (I'm slipping that marathon thing in!)
(5) Do at least some strength training 3 times a week.
(6) Do at least some form of aerobic cross training from running (other than walking) twice a week.
(7) Lose 4 pounds (about a pound a week).
The stretches for me this month in terms of the goals will be the cross training, increasing the distance of my runs, and averaging two hours of daily activity on my Go Wear Fit
I will post updates on these goals at the end of the month, no matter what!
Finally, I want to give a shout out to several Spark Teams I belong that run challenges throughout the month. Participating in the challenges held me accountable every day and helped me do so well last month.
Two teams that held me accountable daily for food and exercise are the the Body Bugg/GoWear Fit team and the By The Numbers Team. Each day, I would go to the team pages and post my numbers. These challenges forced me to look at how I was doing with food and exercise daily, quickly recognize when I was getting off track and address the issue before it got out of hand.
Three other teams have helped me to stretch my goals are the 10,000 Steps a Day Team, the Twelve Weeks Until Christmas Team and the Fall 5% challenge team. They have helped me to maintain consistency with exercise (and see where I'm falling off), start strength training again and monitor other things like water and fiber intake.
It's all good!
Thanks SparkPeople and thanks Spark Teams.