Tuesday, July 12, 2011
50 Random Questions! (Thanks to the Spark I stole this from!)
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Nope. . . but people ask all the time if Lisa Marie Presley inspired my name. I was born before her, though.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
A couple of months ago I had a total melt down over my messy closet. My hubby put shelves in for me the same day. It’s a work of art now, as far as organization goes.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
No, not really. It’s legible.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Turkey (if I’m being good) Pastrami (if I’m being bad)
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
No, but I have 3 cats, a bird and 2 gold fish. I like kids though. I have an 11 year-old “sister” with the Big Brother/Sister Organization. I see her every week. She’s a doll!
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I think so.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
I’m a teacher. Sometimes it comes out during lecture. I do have a sarcastic wit at times, but not in a mean way.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes, I certainly do.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Hell no! But I do want to take a hot air balloon trip one day.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
I’m not a cereal type person. I guess oatmeal if I had to choose. I like it with raisins and brown sugar, but I rarely ever have it.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Yes. I double knot my gym shoes, so I have to.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
YES!—both mentally and physically
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
butter pecan and cookies and cream
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Men- height (I love a tall guy!)
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I am a procrastinator at times.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My cat Blythe-- She passed on several years ago. We were and still are soul mates!
18. WHAT IS THE PAUL MCKENNA TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
Who is that? I’ll get back to you on this one.
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
A baggie full of fresh-cut veggies! Yeah for me!
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
My loud bird that won’t shut up! He’s an African Senegal parrot.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Fuchsia or Red
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Kalvin Klein Eternity Perfume and the smell of freesias
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Beach house all the way!
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Basketball, if I have to. I’m not much into sports.
27. HAIR COLOR?
Dark brown; almost black. It’s the only color that suits me.
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No-- I had laser surgery year’s ago
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Pizza (pepperoni with pineapple is my fav), lobster with drawn butter and ice cream
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
I’m more of a happy ending kind of gal
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Soul Surfer- It was awesome!
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Winter. I hate scorching hot days!
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Hugs for everyone (excluding strangers); kisses are reserved for my hubby
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
pecan pie hot with whip cream and Crème Brule
37. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
Cardio, although I need to start strength training
38. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
Both, and at the same time! I’m a multi-tasker
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery (I never read any of the Anne of Green Gables books. I am on book 3 right now and loving the series!)
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
2 golden tabby kittens
42. FAVORITE SOUND?
the sound of waves crashing on the shore and my husband’s voice
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Stones all the way!
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I am a writer. I just published my first novel. I have a way with words.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Somewhere in California.
47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
48. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
A light, creamy yellow color with white trim
49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
Candy apple red
50. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 50 QUESTIONS?
Yeah—this was fun!
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Today I got to thinking about my weight loss journey. I have been feeling a little down on myself because of what I have not done. Then, I started thinking about what I have done . . . and that took me back to thinking about what I have not done in a more positive light. I know that probably doesn’t make sense, so let me explain.
1. I have lost 50 pounds . . . I have not reached my goal— but I only have 20 pounds more to go.
2. I have maintained this weight loss for 2 years . . . I have not become one of the 95% of people that gain the weight back.
3. I have joined a gym . . . I have not become one of the people who pays for their membership but never goes.
4. I have been going to the gym 4-5 times a week for almost one year . . . I have not been inconsistent in my workouts.
5. I have gained muscle mass and firmed up . . . I have not been repulsed by the muscles I have built up-- in fact, I love them!
6. I am accustomed to hydrating my body with lots of water . . . I have not given up caffeine, but I have cut back.
7. I have learned to eat 4-6 servings of fruits and vegetables everyday . . . I have not complained about washing them, cutting them, cooking them or eating them.
8. I have lowered my blood pressure . . . I have not raised my LDL “bad” cholesterol.
9. I have raised my HDL “good” cholesterol . . . I have not missed the fried and fatty foods I used to eat.
10. I have been enjoying shopping in the regular-sized women’s section . . . I have not missed the plus-sized section at all.
11. I have been able to wear the high heels I love . . . I have not missed wearing the practical shoes I had to wear when I weighed 220 lbs.
12. I have slipped up and had bad days . . . I have not let myself fall back into that old “all or nothing” mentality.
13. I have gotten right back on track after over indulging . . . I have not gotten mad at myself for being human.
14. I have learned to think positively . . . I have not allowed myself to harbor the negative thinking patterns I once had— no more violin playing for me!
15. I have come to like the person I see in the mirror . . . I have not set unreasonable expectations for myself— like looking like a supermodel.
16. I have come to accept a bulge here and a stretch mark there . . . I have not returned to self-defeating notions of perfection that set me up to fail.
17. I have come to learn that there is beauty in imperfection . . . I have not compared myself to others like I used to.
18. I have become accustomed to the fact that my husband can wrap his arms all the way around me . . . I have not missed the size 44 DD bras I used to wear— my 36 C’s are just fine with me and with him.
19. I have accepted that my husband thinks I am a sexy Goddess . . . I have not argued with him over this fact like I used to when I was heavier.
20.I have accomplished so much . . . I HAVE NOT GIVEN MYSELF ENOUGH CREDIT FOR EVERYTHING I HAVE MANAGED TO DO!!!
Be kind to yourself; remember success is a journey not a destination; and don’t forget we are all on this road together. Together, fellow Sparkers, we can triumph against all odds!
Friday, August 14, 2009
Hi Fellow SPers,
I am finding that it is not s easy to find a literary agent. I just finished up my first novel, and I really want to get it out into the world. Apparently, with the downturn in the economy, agents are being very selective about the clients they take on. Being a first time author makes it all the harder. The worst part of the whole process is the waiting. On the average, it can take anywhere from 2 weeks t 2 months to hear from a prospective agent, and I am not the most patient person in the world!
Has anyone gone through this process? Anyone know any angents? LOL!
The good news is I'm not eating over all of this. Plus, I don't give up easily. I'll keep you posted on my journey towards finding an agent. Wish me luck.
Monday, July 27, 2009
Hey SP World, I did it! Over the course of the last year, I set several goals for myself. It has been an incredibly productive and exciting time for me. I have lost 60 pounds through eating healthy and exercising regularly, and I have turned these positive behaviors into habits. I now have so much energy that I have fulfilled one of my lifelong dreams, and that is to write a book!
I just finished my book a few days ago, and I am in the final stages of editing it, and then I am going to unleash it to the world. I am very hopeful about the prospect of publishing it, as it has received great reviews from all who have read it. The plot is light and fun, and very Sex and the City-ish. I would classify it as a modern day romance. I'll let you know how things go as I embark on finding a publishing agent.
Thanks for all your support along the way everyone!
Get An Email Alert Each Time SHOOTIN4STARS Posts