Friday, July 27, 2012
I need to appreciate more the good things in my life, so here is a list of things I am so grateful for:
1. My wonderful daughter
2. My husband who is there when I need him
3. My little dog who loves me unconditionally
4. Living in a place that is so easy on my body
5. Going on medicare in September and saving $1,000 a month in medical costs
6. Being physically strong enough to enjoy playing tennis
7. My dear tennis friends
8. SparkPeople for being there when I really needed someone to be on my side unconditionally and helping me learn how to be a Thyroid Cancer Survivor
9. My camera club that has shown me how to enjoy my creative side
10. God, who gives me all I have
Sunday, July 22, 2012
I have been struggling all year. As I mentioned in my post in May, my docs made a mistake with my meds when a new drug they prescribed was binding with my thyroid medication and making it unavailable to my body to absorb. In May they changed the timing of taking the new medication, but I still wasn't feeling better. No word from the docs except to keep on waiting till the end of August for a new blood test.
Last week I had blood drawn anyway because it is just so impossible for me still. Guess what? You are right. There is no thyroid in my system due to the new medication. It did no good separating the dosing times by 12 hours. So, 3 months later I am still tired, gaining weight (almost all that I lost last year) and very unhappy.
I have stopped taking the new medication. Too bad. As we all know, our cholesterol sky rockets when we are hypothyroid and I am hypothyroid because of the cholesterol medication. What a sick circle that is. I have decided that now I am only taking what medications I was taking the last half of last year when I was feeling better.
It is a huge effort for me to write this, but maybe it will help me get my hopes up again. I am, as I mentioned before, no happy and not good company. I find myself just wanting to be left alone.
I have a headache now from writing so I will sign off, but I know you are out there in my corner.
Monday, May 28, 2012
I am not recovering as fast as I had hoped from my medication mix-up. I am not sure if I am depressed or my blood levels are off. I am getting a new test in a few weeks.
As a result, I am not even getting on the computer to check out my dear SparkFriends. So sorry.
Get An Email Alert Each Time SHINNINGSTARR Posts