Monday, August 12, 2013
- The 30 Day Shred workout on Thursday is still kicking my butt (or legs, actually) today. Though, if I'm going to be honest, I did do a leg workout on Saturday, and it's probably taking its time to heal with that.
- I did NOT exercise Friday or Sunday. I wanted to swim and exercise today, but the pool's closed, and after taking the kiddo to a park, I am completely zapped of energy. I did manage to swing for a little bit, but I don't think that really counts as exercise.
- We put up an offer for a house we really liked. Many negatives of the house are minor repairs, like screen repair, re-sodding the lawn.. but we don't know how old the roof is, so we need to get that checked out (bank owned property, that know nothing about the house.)
- Cat's eye seems to be bugging her. I thought it was just one of those "happens every now and again" type of things, but her eye's been half-closed, off and on, for the better part of a week now. I made an appointment with the vet on Wednesday.
- Took the kiddo to registration for school today. He starts on Wednesday.
- Foodwise, I've been making some pretty decent decisions. I am snacking a lot on chips/crackers though today, and need to curb that.
Thursday, August 08, 2013
I didn't use any weights.
I modified the exercises to take it "easy" on myself.
Those exercises are KILLER!
I managed to do it all, however... but now- 13 hours later- I am really starting to feel it. Makes me wonder about tomorrow and how I'll feel then!
It's the last day of Summercamp for the kiddo, so although I told him we were walking, I might treat him by driving over instead... and take it easy on any sore muscles I may have!
We'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow though.
Wednesday, August 07, 2013
Overall, today was a good day.
I got a good workout in. While it wasn't intense, it was still a pretty good calorie burn (brisk walk.)
I ate fairly decent for most of the day, very little junk food (one gummy bear.)
We saw houses, found one we really liked and contacted our Realtor about possibly making an offer on it. We're waiting to hear back from a few parties regarding that portion of the process.
Tomorrow, I need to drive kiddo to school, so my fitness will be randomized from the flash cards I made a few months ago. Let's pull it now: 30-Day Shred, Level 3
Hooboy. I think I'll leave the weights in the corner when I do that one!
Tuesday, August 06, 2013
Walk/Jog to Summercamp and back. Jogged all of the way back. Did well. Probably could have extended the jog, but with a budding headache all morning I didn't want to press my luck.
Overall pretty good. Dinner was a hamburger and chips, very nummy, but I still ended up in my range today! (I forgot to record the chips, but I know I'll be covered in range for them, too!)
Customers were pretty good overall. Had a couple of majorly cranky women, but I don't think anything short of a letter signed in gold with a promise of a free lifetime supply of our product would've made them happy.
I'm slowly developing a gameplan for the next couple of weeks. Work was busy, so I didn't get much done in the downtime.. actually, part of my plan is to work on an online betterment course plan during the downtime, and that's what I was working on today.
Just to note: I didn't even finish HALF of the one course I was working on in a 9-hour workday. These courses can take 1-2 hours to complete without distractions. Just saying.
Tomorrow's plans: Walk kiddo to school. House hunt. Spend time with hubby. Stuffed Chicken for dinner. Oh, and plan next month's menu.
Anyone got any dinner ideas? :)
Tuesday, August 06, 2013
This blog is a little late - sorry! I sat down last night, started reading, and really didn't move again until it was near time for bed. I did remember to track my food and fitness though (although that was also later than I normally do it too.)
With school starting back up in a little over a week, I need to start making a plan for my fitness future. I won't have the added motivation of having to walk the kiddo to summer camp anymore. On the other hand, I do like running- and finding that I can run a good distance within my Heart Rate Zones- so I kind of want to work on being able to jog a 5 mile trek around some of the city blocks. I could work on that. However, THAT's a 2 hour walk for me, and if I'm jogging, I'm sometimes going slower than walking pace, and considering I work at around 8:30 am... Yeah, that's probably NOT going to happen.
So, essentially, I need to figure out a plan to get me active after school starts up again, and find ways to motivate myself to keep me active so I don't have an excuse not to do something. I'll be brainstorming these next few days.
Get An Email Alert Each Time SHINAKO Posts