Saturday, January 18, 2014
Well, I broke my good streak of eating well...and one over indulgent meal turned into a week of going over calories, daily.
It's not a total loss. My weight didn't go up much, but I didn't lose either. More importantly, I think I have a better idea of how to reign in those indulgent habits during times of stress.
1. Have a plan for those times when I will be tempted to "take care" of myself with food and treats. I'm thinking of making a box with reminders...like cozy socks, hand cream, a yoga DVD, scented candles, herbal tea...
2. Review my goals!!!! Maybe multiple times a day!
3. Spark, call or email a friend, journal.
If you find yourself tempted to eat extra calories when stressed, how do you cope? What's your plan? I'd love to hear from others!
Monday, January 06, 2014
Good day all!
It's been one week of making healthy choices for me!
Changes? Well, my scale says I've lost 3 plus pounds, I have more energy, my stomach isn't as bloated and I'm feeling more balanced...
I have been Sparking more, reading articles and blogs. Have any of you read "Drop 10 Diet" by Lucy Danzinger of Self Magazine? I checked it out from my library and am enjoying many of the meal ideas and recipes. She writes about super foods, ones that nourish well and can aid in disease fighting and weight loss. I already eat and love many of the 30 foods on the Super Food list, so it's been easy for me to try some of the meals. I feel very full, and satisfied. I haven't had big sugar cravings either, which is amazing one week into an eating shift! The diet allows for treats, but in limited amounts...I've had chocolate and wine, but not every day.
I know I have more weight to lose, and I know I can lose it. I have lost weight before (some of you will remember!), but I'm more concerned with being balanced in my eating, forever. In the past I've lost weight while dieting. Once the scale reached the magic number, back to sloppy eating. I thought I had learned my lesson when I lost weight with Spark a couple of years ago...but looking at my weight over time shows a steady increase in weight until one week ago. I thought I was having healthy meals, but still had horrible cravings and binges!
I want this to be the last time I lose weight. So, what am I doing to meet that goal?
1. Made a goal board on my Spark Start page. Reviewing it daily!! I love some of the quotes and pictures!
2. Planning my meals, tracking before I eat. Eating real food, avoiding more processed foods with extra sugar and sodium, so that means lots of fruits and vegetables and whole grains, lean protein, healthy fats. Drinking enough water to stay well-hydrated.
3. Exercising daily. This one is a no-brainer for me because exercise has been a habit for so long! My challenge is to listen to my body, and not try to use exercise to "burn off" an indulgence.
4. Spark. I need support for the long haul. My family has heard me talk the talk, and seen me fail. They support me, but know from experience that I can let illness, upsets and boredom send me into overindulgence.
5. Just do the right stuff, even when I don't feel like doing the right stuff! We all do things that aren't really fun, but are good for us. I keep reminding myself that eating for good health is just one of those things I need to make a daily habit. I learned to floss and take off make up before bed, I can learn to eat well. I may not always see the difference these habits make, but if I stopped them...Eating poorly is the same.
So, that's the plan. What's yours?
Thursday, January 02, 2014
How are your healthy habits coming along? I'm feeling pretty good about the past four days.
I've broken the cycle of bingeing on foods that don't nourish me. It really is making a difference in my energy and mood. The best part is that my cravings for those treats is disappearing. I`d forgotten how much better I feel when I'm eating well!
I'm planning to continue eating well, not just to get to a healthy weight, but because it feels so good to be in control. I also need to remember that calorie counting alone won't give me this boost, it's good, real foods and regular exercise combined.
Monday, December 30, 2013
I've been planning for successful weight loss and healthful eating, and lifestyle in the new year, my 2013 has been sketchy...
I decided to start early, TODAY, why wait?!
Today was the first day in quite some time that I ate quality foods all day...and surprise, surprise, I'm not the least bit hungry AND stayed at the low end of my calorie range! Funny, I'd forgotten how good my body feels, when it's really nourished, moved and hydrated.
So, day one of my streak, successfully completed!
Monday, September 30, 2013
I'm taking a break. I have been spending far too many hours on my computer...
I am choosing to unplug myself, get in balance. I may add limited Spark time, but for now I'm taking myself off.
I wish everyone the best on your journeys!
Get An Email Alert Each Time SHERIO5 Posts