Friday, September 09, 2011
Okay, so all of this week, I have been evaluating each day to see what I am doing and why I am not going down. I think I am getting a good picture of what is going on here. I do follow WW, but I have also been tracking my calories because of my Celiacs...Well, in looking back at the week, here is what I found...
* I have been over my calories every single day this week, but still under 2000...that is not a WL plan
* I have been over my WW points, but am still not over plan due to my activity points and my weekly points allowance
* I have not been consistent with activity
* I am not getting in my 8 healthy guidelines everyday, missing my dairy and oil
* I have not taken my vitamins everyday
* I have not had my 8 glasses of water everyday
On the positive side...
* I have made some really good decisions throughout the week, given all the special occasions that have arisen
* I have eaten 6+ servings of fruit and vegetables every single day this week
* I have turned down going out to eat 3 times this week so that I could eat healthier foods
Tomorrow is my WW weigh in day. I really don't want to go up. I just weighed myself and if my weight stays the same, I will have gained about a pound. I am going to make the most of today and do the best that I can.
My goals for this week:
1) Stick to my calories/points each day
2) Drink my 8 glasses of water
3) Exercise every day, my body needs it
4) Get in all my 8 healthy guidelines, especially dairy and vitamins
5) Do a daily evaluation like I did this week because it helps!
Wow! It's just surprising to me because I thought I was doing well. Taking a step back and looking at the week each day AND overall really opened my eyes to what I am doing right and what needs improvement. It's hard because we make so many food decisions everyday that when you have made three really hard decisions the right way, and think that you were just a little over calories/points for the day, you...well, me, I thought I was doing well. That's probably how I gained a lot of this weight.
My mantra for the week: "Little changes create big results."
Thursday, September 08, 2011
Well...Tuesday, I had a sales meeting and brought my lunch. My boss insisted on going out and that I can eat my lunch for dinner. Well I ended up with the plainest salad ever and it was so not worth eating. Literally, lettuce 2 cherry tomatoes cut up and I think they used frozen, pre-cooked chicken breasts. I got light Balsamic on the side and only used about half of it. I had water to drink.
So after being at the office, it's far from my house (about 40 miles), I stopped by my parents for a visit since they are about 10 minutes from the office. They wanted to go to dinner. They were going to TGI Fridays. I told them to go without me and I would wait for them, since I had my dinner already. Surprisingly, they said okay. They did bring me back some gluten free, nonfat frozen yogurt. So that was nice, but overall, I think it was a really good day!
Yesterday, was my Dad's birthday and my brother had a baby 3 minutes before midnight! Needless to say, it was a full day. I survived going out for lunch and got a turkey avocado sandwich, no bread (had lettuce instead) and no thousand island dressing. I drank water and got fruit instead of a cookie. For dinner, I made lasagna, but had about 1/4 of it, after pulling out the noodles, as I can't have them. I had a salad and I had a few bites of the frosting from the cake I made. I also had a little vanilla ice cream. Not totally terrible, but it could have been a lot worse! I was at a total of 1901 calories for the day. Like I said, it could have been worse, but having a birthday, cooking, going out to lunch and having a new nephew could have had me easily celebrate too much.
I did drink enough water yesterday though...so today I need to do that!
Tuesday, September 06, 2011
Well...yesterday was much better. I will still over a little bit, but it seems with each day, it is less and less. This time, I was about 200 calories over my target and about 4 points over my dailies. However, with WW, I did have the WPA so I am not as concerned. I think I did well and I had healthy food.
Also, yesterday it took me ALL DAY to prepare everything for the week. I went grocery shopping and got back to the house about 1130a. I was still doing stuff at 9pm! Here is what I did:
* Chopped veggies: mushrooms, zucchini, bell peppers, asparagus, cucumbers (peeled and cut)
* Chopped fruit: Huge watermelon!
* Separated carrots into individual servings
* Portioned out hummus into 4tbsp serving each, in their own containers
* Made brown rice and portioned out into 1c servings
* Made 16 bean soup in the crock pot, which took all day, but it's good!
* Made asparagus soup and portioned out
* Cleaned 4 cobs of fresh sweet corn, removing husk and silk
* Cooked my protein for the week and put in in the fridge to use as needed
* Had to take out 2 bags of trash!
I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but I am not super quick with my chopping knife. It takes me a while to do and I did have the TV on to drown out the noise of my neighbors crazy music.
But, I prepared myself to have a good week. This will definitely make it easier on me, especially having the brown rice and protein ready to go, since I can't have bread or gluten. It makes it a quick on the go meal for me. Plus, I can just toss in some veggies to the rice and when I microwave it, it will steam them and I will have a make shift stir-fry!
So, I think yesterday was a good day. I didn't get exercise in at the gym or out walking. But I did cook and stand in one place all day....that had to have burned more calories than sitting at a computer!
Here's to a great day!
Monday, September 05, 2011
I just got back from the grocery store. I am making a baked potato for lunch. I decided...I am going back to being a newbie on WW and am going to weigh and measure EVERYTHING.
I just weighed my potato...It is 15.3 ounces!!! I think I was counting my potatoes that size as 8 oz before. Holy guacamole! After I eat my lunch...I am going to cut up my fruits and veggies, measure out my hummus into single serving containers and cook.
I am going to make asparagus soup, 2 batches and freeze some. I am also going to cook my protein for the week and then plan my menu out for the week to.
I am going to be prepared this week!
Monday, September 05, 2011
So, yesterday...we went to the L.A. County Fair. This could have been a night mare. However, I think all in all, I did okay. What I ate at the fair:
* Chicken skewer (2/3 of one skewer) - Chicken, onion and bell pepper only
* Sprite (it sucked that this was cheaper than water and I couldn't bring in my water)
* Vanilla ice cream bar dipped in chocolate (no cone)
We walked 6.10 miles, I brought my pedometer. My feet are still a little achy cause we stopped a lot to look at things. I do have to say, when I got home. I was actually starving. I made a mistake. Instead of eating a piece of fruit or just going to bed...I had a mini cup (the single serving) of Haagan-Daaz ice cream. I think it was because I was hungry, tired, had just drove an 1.5 hours home (dropping off friends) and I just wanted something convenient that was sweet. I would have been better off with grapes.
Overall, not a horrible day. I still had a calorie deficit of -280. So, that's good...but, it could have been better if I had changed just one decision (grapes instead of Haagan-Dasz) and even better if I changed two decisions (grapes and water instead of sprite). I am starting to see where my mistakes are lying. It's making poor decisions when I am tired. I don't do so well then! Noted!
Update: 11:56a - I forgot I ate Cinnamon Almonds in the morning...I had about 3/4 of a cup...that was 600 calories! I didn't realize! Ugh! So...that actually put me over 300 calories...so a few missteps here. But, now I see where I am messing up. Its poor decision when I am tired and forgetting to track small things that pack a punch, like almonds! I need to be more aware and track, track, track! Today will be better!
Get An Email Alert Each Time SHELLE13 Posts