Thursday, January 28, 2010
I had a major "senior moment" this month and discovered it today. I have been working on 3 quilts made from my FIL's flannel shirts (1 ea for my DH, SIL & BIL). I was able to give my husband's pieced top to him at Christmas. I had completed piecing the other two tops the beginning of January.
Well, when it was time to load a quilt onto my quilting frame, I loaded my SIL's because I didn't have the backing for my DH. I wanted to get it done to send to her for her birthday which is today (same as my DH). When I was almost finished quilting it a little over a week ago, I found out that the backing material wasn't long enough. I didn't have any more -- so I do want quilters do. I cut off the sides and pieced it to the bottom. I couldn't understand why the backing wasn't big enough - I thought I had measured it and it had fit.
I finally got the backing material for DH's quilt last weekend. Well, today as I was loading my DH's quilt onto the frame, I realized that it was my SIL's quilt which is a little smaller than my husband's. Mystery solved.
I hadn't bound the first quilt yet so hadn't sent my husband's to my SIL. So there will be no mix up there.
Anyway, I had a good laugh along with my daughters this afternoon.