Monday, March 30, 2009
So this starts the week to my weigh in on Sunday. I am not sure that there will be much movement from my 165 mark at March 1 as I was at 166 last time I saw the scale. I asked my daughter to 'hide' the scale for the week as I know if it's out, I'll obsess over it and get on it every day and it may affect my mood and I refuse to let that happen. For this week, my goal is to focus on just doing my WORK. Continue with my daily workouts in the mornings and the evenings.
The month of March included my 1 week holiday which is why my weight may or may not move this month. I will be happy with even a slight movement, so it's progress. There are also the inches that will measure up so we'll see where those are at from last month.
Focusing on my daily tasks without seeing that number on the scale will be hard for me but I feel it's something I have to try. Too often we let the scale rule our world and our moods. It is a good monitoring tool but not when it 'bums' us out.
So here goes... A NEW Week! A NEW Day! Each day is a new life! I had a great weekend but did end up having drinks on Sat/Sunday. Going to get back to my AF days perhaps until my weigh in day, perhaps longer. One day at time, I'm getting there!
My main goal focus is to go into April to say goodbye to 160Ville by the time I attend my daughter's first communion on May 3rd.
Review of accomplishments this week:
- wonderful 100 day review and awesome productivity at work
- maxed on activity by including outdoor walks at lunch times and with my daughters in the evening
- 4 AF days
- daily blogging/journalling (my therapy and way of staying on track)
- applied for volunteer activities: to help with planning of next year's church sacraments (communion/confirmation); volunteer at registration at the Diabetes Run for a Cure in May; volunteer for June's Drangon Boat Races
I figure if I get myself out there it will allow me to meet new people and be active (not sitting at home being a couch potato) and I'll be giving to my community.
This weeks goals:
1. Daily workouts - minimum 60mins of activity a day with cardio each day and weight training every other day
2. Work: Weekly picture of schedule and plan to do more organizing for my director (filing setup)
3. Family: If there are nice days, get out together to walk again. Go to the recreation centre and fill out our application so we can go swimming on Sunday!
4. Visit with my cousin on Saturday (we haven't seen each other since Dec 24th)
5. For me: plan some quiet time/meditation each evening (either with my ritual of bath hand, pedicure, facial), listening to meditation CD
6. Organize my youngest daughter's clothing (time to make the change from winter to spring and also to bring out her 'hand me down' sister's bigger clothes - boy is she growing!) and donate her smaller clothes to a friend or charity
7. Last but not least - stay on SP daily to login activities, blog, stay in touch with teams and SP Friends' blogs.
Wishing you all a marvellous week! Time to get it started!
"The richness of your life has no limits. Choose today, and always, to let that richness continue to unfold.
-- Ralph Marston"