Wednesday, December 01, 2010
For those who are still in the working world, we all have the performance reviews at work - some come at the probationary stage, some are annual. I thought that I would consider doing the same for my SP Progress.
As we turn the last page on the calendar of 2010, I find myself reflecting on the year that has passed and I am mentally preparing for the setting of new and great goals for the New Year!
I have a practice of blogging daily which is a great way of recalling all those moments throughout the year - the ups, the downs, the challenges and the victories. I also have a monthly calendar I write in every morning which is my quick visual of all that has gone on and as I scanned it last night, well I must say what an amazing year2010 has been!!
My weight last December sat at about 176lbs and this morning it sits at 168lbs. 8lbs GONE!! I hit 160Ville in March/April - after being in 170Ville for most of 2009.
The inches I've lost as I compare the beginning of the year to today - about 8 inches overall!!
I organized and enjoyed a total of 4 SP People in Ottawa in person meetings or "rallies" if you will! These events have led to many individual connections that I have watched flourish and grow throughout the year!
I am no longer needing to take blood pressure meds!!
I created my very first vision board on March 28th and I must say - visions from this are coming true! On April 1st I put the deposit for my Carribean Cruise chartered by my favourite author - Louise Hay! This will be the very first trip I take in my life (well a grown up one anyhow)!!
As I review the events that have gone on this year well another WOW!!
* I volunteered at Winterlude, Bluesfest, the Army Run (through my professional association - where I became President in July)
* My role as President has allowed me to connect personally with amazing people like Peggy McColl (New York Times Best Seller), Jennifer Clark and so many others!! The networking and friendships that are growing from this is amazing and the skills I am learning as I chair the meetings are invaluable!
* I attended my very own book launch as I joined 20 other authors in publishing my own story of "Strength"! Having some of my fellow SP friends (S1LV3BACK, KISHEGER, JL_FLEURY)there made it truly an amazing evening!!
* I then received a free copy of Louise Hay's book Modern Day Miracles as my testimonial was included in her book about how her writings inspired my own success and life progress!
* I survived the Ottawa Earthquake and came out days later with a new "VIBE" - got my newer car in June (something I didn't even think I could do - from bankruptcy to this!!)
* I joined and tried the gym (GoodLife) and enjoyed the experience of having a personal trainer. The experience re-affirmed the great resources I have at my very own 'home' gym and recreation centre!
* I experienced the rush of 'romance' in July - and although it didn't pan out, I experienced the wonder of what it could really be like again! I know my soul mate is finding his way to me as I am finding my own way.
* I experienced some challenges at my former work place of almost 2 years which led to my finding a new job which is so 'heavenly' aligned with my true life passion and purpose! I am truly grateful to be part of a team looking at Healthy Active Living and Obesity Research for Children and Youth!
In a nutshell that's the year's progress report... As I look ahead to 2011, I am going to do what is called in strategic planning a SWOT analysis!
S - Strength
W - Weaknesses
T - Threats
I recognize my strengths and know my weaknesses - therefore my plan is to journal or write strategies to tackle those areas that need some assistance.
My weaknesses include reverting to old habits/patterns that pull me into the yo-yoing of weight loss and stagnate my progress. By recognizing these and setting up concrete strategies to deal with them - I know 2011 will be an amazing year!
The Opportunities that present themselves in the year ahead far outweigh any "Threats" and I view every challenge with a positive light! The challenges I've faced this year have made me the stronger person I am today. I am wiser and more confident than I have been in my entire life and it's only going to get better.
The things that truly work and help are reading my daily affirmations and filling my mind with great nutrition in the sense of spiritual nutrition by reading self-help books in areas where I feel I need to put my attention on. As I review my blogs I will re-cap the list of all books I've read and I realize how each of them helped me along my journey to greater health! This of course included reading "The Spark" this year - which if you have not read yet I would highly recommend you do!! It would also make a great Christmas Gift to anyone at this time of year!
So my SP friends, I challenge you to do your own SP Performance Review. Take an honest look at the year you've travelled on the journey and celebrate your successes, learn from your challenges and plan to make 2011 the best year of YOUR life!!
As we turn the page to the 1st day of December - I affirm that this last month of 2010 will be the pivotal month that will set the stage for the greatest year of MY life!!