Tuesday, October 13, 2009
I finally did it! I took down all by jeans, bagged them up, and gave them to Huggiebutt. I doubt if they fit her because she is 4" taller than me. They would fit, but they would be peddle pushers! She has teen age twin daughters that they should fit nicely.
Drumroll! I bought a new pair of jeans, size 12 and I probably could have done size 10, but I do like just a little bending room, that is a 3 size drop depending on the brand of jeans. To say the least I'm happy!
I just want to say something about yesterday's blog. I did not post it to get, oh it'll be OK, responses because I was upset over a team disbanding, I was not upset. I posted it as a reflection of the in's and out's of life. The team that the group is being referred to is similar and I am one of the leaders. The decision to disband was a valid one and is a natural part of the progression of life. It was a very small private team and we all had become close, it was just nice because of it's size. Just so you all know.
Just found out I have no one to get to school this morning, he's home sick. This means I should get busy with something. I am glad I don't have to get out, it's cold and raining. Maybe I'll get some pictures taken.
Have a great day!
Monday, October 12, 2009
Now, don't jump to conclusions, there is nothing wrong with me, my friends or family. It's just a neat little team I'm on is closing up shop. I've been an active member since the beginning and it's a little sad to see it go. It's like the feeling you get when you are reading a really great book, you come to the last chapter and then finally the last page. You know it is going to end, you know it has to end, but a part of you doesn't want it to end. Hopefully the members will move over to a similar team that was suggested, that way we will all still be together!
Today started out yucky and for the most part stayed that way. It did stop raining, it did warm up a little, but just not a pretty day. I did get some painting done and am getting closer and closer to being finished. It is supposed to be raining the next two days then clear off. I can really feel it, this is the week it is going to be done and I can get rid of this scaffolding!
When we were doing pre-school this morning all I could do was laugh. This was square day, I guess! We do a lot of flash cards and use a lot of manipulatives. Today for some reason no matter what I showed them or what they picked up it was a square. All the children know their shapes, this started as an actual mistake and just took off. I showed them a triangle and one of them without really looking said square, I made a funny face, turned the card around and around and said this is the funniest looking square I've ever seen. From then on everything was a square, and they were all making funny faces, and laughing. They thought they had one over on the teacher today and they loved it! We also had a birthday today so there were cupcakes and they were really excited about that. We don't do many sweet treats here, they get enough junk at home.
I am being beckoned to come look at an art project, and with the look I am getting, I better go. He just about has the same look as the cat in yesterday's blog, not quite there yet, but close!
I want to thank everyone for goodies and comments they are greatly appreciated. I seem to run out of time before I get all my rounds made, but I do get full circle eventually. You all are doing just great! Keep up the good work! You are all winners!
Saturday, October 10, 2009
This is a prefect fall morning. Peaceful, bright stars, no wind, great walking.
Just wanted to touch base. I am on my way to the big city to get supplies for my first stained glass project. I am excited to try something new. I'm also a little frightened. This is a commissioned piece and since I've never done any of this yet, I am worried about doing a great job. Send your positive thoughts my way today, please! I hope this goes well and is something I can really do, because I want to add this type of stuff to my on line business.
I am also happy to report that I have all the questions answered that a friend of mine gave me for the new home based business I am getting ready to tackle. I will send them to her later today. I wonder what kind of grade I will get?
I am off to make waffles for breakfast, shower, and hit the road.
Forgive any mistakes, I don't have my glasses on because I have a clay mask on my face, and regrettably I can't see these darn tiny letters! I am multitasking! LOL!!
You all have a stupendous Saturday!
Friday, October 09, 2009
This is a weekend challenge we were asked to do on 2 teams I am co-leader of.
1)Describe your peer group you grew up in. Your family dynamics.
1. I come from an upper middle class family and was basically an only child; my sister is 8 years older than me, so by the time I really remember her she was in high school and ready to leave home. I grew up being taught there are rules and if you donít follow them there are consequences, I was taught to respect adults, other peopleís property, and other peopleís ideas. The children I had as friends were raised the same way. My mother stayed home and my father worked. They both had many friends they interacted with together and apart. I had friends that I spent time with mostly at their homes, because my mother was very picky about her house. When we got together we would listen to music, ride our bikes, play jacks, go to the library, or swing.
2)Describe your peer group currently in your life. The people you interact with consistently at home, at work, at church, your friends.
2. I share my life with my immediate family which consists of a husband, and 2 sons. Everyone has their responsibilities and is expected to do them. We have dinner together every night where we discuss all kinds of topics, from what happened in our day, to something that was heard on the radio or TV. I work in the home so I donít interact with co-workers. I interact with my spark friends on a daily basis in a positive way. I do not go out with friends because I am a party pooper. I get up no later than 4 am so I hit the bed early, and that is not conducive to going out with my friends who like to stay OUT. We, as a family, will go out with friends and their family to the movies, park and sometimes bowling.
3)How do you feel your current peer group helps you reach your goals?
3. I have no problem with any of my peers when it comes to reaching my goals. Everyone is willing to help and say an occasional good job. They sometimes complain that I am not cooking all the same types of food I used to, but as long as they get there mac & cheese every now and then they are good to go. My family are very supportive as well as my clients. They are truly enjoying watching me shrink.
4)How do you feel your current peer group hinders your weight loss, health, fitness goals?
4. They do not hinder my weight loss, health or fitness goals in any way, even when they want me to make cookies.
5)What action are you taking to go against your peer group and how do you feel about it?
5. They are not sabotaging what I am doing so there is no need to take action against them. Just a quick note here, they know better than to sabotage anything I am doing.
Everyone have a fantastic Friday night!
Get An Email Alert Each Time SEKSUNSHINE Posts