Sunday, December 16, 2012
It is so nice to be in my own bed again. Was so tired and slept so well last night. We traveled in rain almost all the way, which is better then snow. Close to home was bad fog so made for a headacke by the time I got here. I do most of the driving for DH doesn't like too. We were able to stop in Austin and visit with his sister and brother for just alittle while but didn't want to waste much time because of the weather. Picked up towels for my bowling girls from DH sister, that she had done for me on her fancy machine. They are so nice and she also had done some Christmas decorations for my tree that are just darling.
The scale is tempting and I did step on just to see what I gained and was surprised to see that I stayed the same. So guess that means I have learned some good eating habits.
Come the first of the year, I will sit down and write my goals out for 2013. I will have to think hard on this. It will be my New Years Resolution. Lots of people like the idea of New Years resolutions, but while making them is easy, sticking with them can be hard. If not sure where to start or how to stay motivated there are tips:
1. Choose one thing to work on at a time.
2. Identify why you want to make a particular change. You'll be most successful if it's really for you and not to meet someone else's expectations.
3. Think about what's requited. Will you need to devote time, money, or energy? If so, what will you need to make it.
4. Map out a plan that is broken down in small pieces.
5. Find support for your efforts. Talk with friends and family about your intentions. (SP is good support.)
6. Inspire yourself. Blog, post pictures or words representing your goals in a prominent spot.
7. If you face a challenge, don't give up. It's okay to have a setback. Get up and try again, using what you've learned to adjust your course.
8. Congratulate yourself for progress. It's brave and strong to make changes!
So with this I will sit down and start jotting down my plan and the week before New Years I hope to be able to put down my goals. What are your goals and plan for the New Year? We need to share and push each other forward to a new and healthy year ahead of us.
I got my results from my esophagus test .Things showed indefinite for dysplasia but there is a risk of developing esopheal cancer compared to normal population. So in two years I need to be tested again. I can handle this news. Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts.
Trust in God and we shall all successed. Helen