I can't even tell you what an amazing night I had at Chalene's house. Inspired beyond words to keep helping people in their fitness journey and just in awe of a woman who has done this for so many. For those who follow my wordpress blog there are many more pictures on there and my full thoughts on the night!
If you are struggling with your fitness goals then drop me a message on here and I would love to help you brain storm some ideas to get you where you want to be. It's a journey and a process, but it will happen for you! I still have days that I don't want to workout or eat junk I know I shouldn't, but it's the accountability of friends that keeps me in check.
It's been SO long since I have written! Life has had many changes in the last few months so I've been just trying to keep up with everything!
1. We moved back to the USA after almost 5 years in China! Yeah that's a transition that needs time to process. Not only for myself, but to help my boys process this huge change.
2. I did PASS my Personal Trainer Certification test last month!!!! That was a goal I had been working on for a while!
3. I started Les Mills Pump after gaining like 5-7 pounds after just being back in the USA for about a month. The results are amazing and I'm mixing it in with TurboFIRE still! You can't really compare it to ChaLEAN Extreme as it's a totally different beast but I would say I love it! Which is a lot coming from a Turbo/Chalene GIRL!!!
4. I haven't been blogging on here but am keeping up with my fullyengagedmom.com blog. (If you call 1x a week posting 'keeping up' lol!)
Sometimes pics say more than words! Here are a few of the last few months!
Getting ready to do Les Mills Pump!!!
My sweet loves! (And I'm obsessed with Instagram if you can't tell these are all from there!!!)
Working out in my sister's room. We've traveled over 9,000 miles since June 1st! Yeah, I'm tired and ready to be settled for the fall!
And one more working out! Totally getting stronger and leaner with Pump!!!
Keep pushing for your goals. I know the summer is CRAZY for so many and so now with the kids getting back in school and life returning to a more normal schedule get some friends together and start AGAIN!!!
Hey friends! I hope you are having a great week! I've been good with hitting my workouts this week!
I did c25k- MON/WED/FRI
ChaLEAN Extreme Burn 1,2,3- SUN/TUE/THURS
(I still need to get some abs in but that's all as I'll have SAT be my rest day.)
My body is feeling tight and I love it! I just keep telling myself summer is coming, and then I'll be able to feel good in t-shirts with my hot little muscles! (And we will be at the beach a ton! A fun trip to Maui is happening in June!)
How are you doing with your workouts?
On a personal note, this week I hit a goal I had set for myself back in November!!!!
I know this doesn't mean anything to you (just a word!) but to me being a diamond coach shows that I have been efficient in helping others get fit!
How are you doing with your goals? If you are having a hard time have you thought about breaking the goal down into small parts? You know sometimes we hear people say if your goal isn't big enough you won't see it happen...and I think that we should dream big. BUT I also think that when I goal is SO big and is something we have never done before we can find ourselves paralyzed and stuck even with all our great intentions of achieving it. So break it down into the steps you know are possible and start there!
Like I said, have a great weekend! I'm still on a high from getting to be a diamond coach, but will keep heading on towards the other goals on my list! (And my studies to be a personal trainer are still happening, I've just had to go at a slower pace than originally planned!)
Do you have a goal that seems overwhelming right now? What are 3 small things you can do to get moving forward with it?
Oh my goodness! Was my last blog post really over a month ago? One of the main reasons is that I have finally got my new wordpress blog up and running and have been spending a TON of time working on learning about it. Then add in Chinese New Year and it's like I just got gone with what your Nov/Dec was like! But...I haven't been taking a break from working out!
I have actually started the c25k with a couple friends after a lifetime of being VOCAL about how much I hate running! LOL! I'm still not sure how I feel about it and Turbo is my love, but it has been fun to do something with friends and that was the change I needed to get through the month of Jan which is just so cold! (Here's a post about it! Running for the first time in 10 years!!! fullyengagedmom.com/running-for-the- first-time-in-10-years )
Tonight I'm making a schedule for myself mixing in the c25k, TurboFIRE and ChaLEAN Extreme. Sounds fun! I know 12 weeks of ChaLEAN Extreme will get me to mid- MAY! Can you believe that? And that will be the perfect time to show off my hot muscles! Just need to keep that in mind while wearing 5 layers of clothing bc it's so cold out!
I hope you are all doing well! I connect with many of you on FB so feel like I haven't been too far out of the loop! But for those of you who are not over there, I'm still alive and well! Moving forward in not only my fitness goals but personal ones as well! I know some of you in the turbo groups are just starting your journey with Chalene and I am excited for you to fall in love with it as much as I have and see your life changed along with your body!
Back from our fun trip to meet our friends new baby girl! We took the fast train that goes about 180 miles an hour! So much fun and the boys loved it! I put a pic below but if you want to see more they are here- fullyengagedmom.com/a-trip-to-meet-s ophia-verrone ! It was SO amazing to get to see them here in China, it was like being the only people that were able to visit them in the hospital if they had her that way- if that makes sense?
A couple of you asked questions and here are my thoughts! If you have more please feel free to ask!
1. My question is can CLX be done after a round of TJ ? or should you do more than a month of TJ? also i have watched TF and it is a beast lol how should one work there way up to it? by doing a couple months of TJ and then CLX 1st or is there a method you suggest?
- CLX can be done at any point in your fitness journey. It is like having a personal trainer at home working your muscles 3x a week and then 2x a week doing cardio and core. The cardio in CLX is not as 'dancy/fun' as the cardio in TurboFIRE/TJ but it's still more intense (in my opinion) than what you get in TJ. When you start moving up the the advanced TJ ones the one called Fat Blaster is more a taste of TurboFIRE. I used to DIE doing that one and now it's really easy for me.
- I would also note that I was super intimidated to get CLX and didn't understand the value of weights before I did this program. I thought I'd get bulky and that's totally not the case. It's for all ages and especially as we get older it's essential to add muscle back into our bodies to keep our metabolism up. And I think the little muscles are quite hot! :-)
- To work your way up to TurboFIRE some people will do TJ for a while. I did Jam for several years but there was no FIRE/CLX at that point. Then some people just go for FIRE and modify where they need to and take a rest when they need. If you are wondering where to start I usually just say to go for FIRE bc they you modify it and it will last longer as far as growing with your fitness level. With Jam it will be a great workout but depending on how often you do it you will eventually want FIRE within 6-9 months. Yet, if you have a LOT of weight to lose it may be better to start with Jam as it's not as intense and then when you get some weight off go for FIRE if you want something a little less intense on your body. Or if you think you'd be discouraged by having to always modify, then you may like starting with Jam.
2. Do you other workouts other than TJ/TF/CE? I'm starting to wonder if I should be doing something else in addition to TJ.
-I've had all season of life as far as workout. Ones where I just did those individually and then ones where I mixed them together. The nice thing with them coming in a pack with a schedule is that you know you will be working all body parts. Many people like a hybrid of CLX and FIRE to really get the cardio burn along with increasing your metabolism by adding muscle to your body. Some people also add in running with CE. I haven't personally done Jillian's workouts but many women on here really like them.
-If you want faster results then I'd focus hard on nutrition. It's really a huge key. (And the part I struggle with most). But even if you are doing it all 'right' make sure you have a realistic time frame goal for seeing the weight come off. If you are getting bored with just doing 1 program then def. add in others to keep yourself engaged.
Hope that helps! If you have any other Q's that come up feel free to ask! Have a great day friends! :-)