Saturday, March 10, 2012
I was reading this in my fitness magazine. It gives very good advice on how to keep the weight off. I know I have had many of time where I gained the weight back on and had to restart over. In fact I am starting over as we speak. We all are humans and we make mistakes.. Well here it is..
The majority of people who look at their health usually start off their quest for wellness with losing weight. In this month of February, as people are still working on their goals and resolutions, there are more advertisements and promotions for weight loss and fitness videos, programs and workouts.
A list of 40 ways one could lose weight fast and more importantly keep off putting the weight back on. The list is by no means conclusive, but it is a collection of ideas, methods and strategies from all around the world.
1. Count your calories – the most straightforward method is simply to count up the number of calories you take in and the number of calories you give off and then you simply give off more calories than you take in.
2. Increase your dietary protein by having a protein shake at least once a day. Protein will help your body facilitate weight loss and can be important to a good plan.
3. Pay attention to what you eat. Document it daily in your journal and consciously create more water-rich healthier meals.
4. Buddy up. Find a friend who is also interested in weight loss and work together, giving each other support in your plans. The support and accountability a friend gives is massive. The Get A Life 2008 system provides a great structure for this.
5. Decrease your carb intake. Eat less bread and pasta.
6. Avoid junk food altogether. No more McDonalds, Burger Kind, KFC. Junk food gives you “empty calories” and unneeded weight loss.
7. Keep hydrated. Drink lots of water throughout the day. Read about starting your day with a pint of water in the free How to Live Healthy in an Unhealthy World book.
8. Plan your workouts. Your workouts need to be planned – journal exactly what you’re going to do and make sure you follow it strictly for a few weeks.
9. Get some good sleep. Sleep is vital to body rejuvenation and repair so make sure you get some good sleep and keep your timings consistent. Lack of sleep can contribute to lack of weight loss.
10. Go on a juice detox.
11. Listen to subliminal or self-hypnosis weight loss CDs or downloads.
12. A positive attitude. Get your attitude in check and realise the outlook is positive when you get going and sheding the amount of weight you want to lose.
13. Accept how weight loss works. This one is important. Some people don’t want to accept the natural processes of body and are looking for quick rewards. Weight loss takes place over time so be consistent and committed, and you will see big results.
14. Keep hunger quiet. When you feel hungry, opt for fresh fruit or a glass of water. This will help cover the hunger.
15. Get your free gym trial and see if it’s for you. Meet with a personal trainer and map out your plan for weight loss. These guys are the experts in helping you get a safe plan that meets your time schedules.
16. Follow Honey Kalaria’s Bollywood Workout, also used by Madonna – a fun way to workout and lose weight.
17. Read Tom Venuto’s “Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle” and all his extra free bonuses.
18. Increase Metabolism. If you’re having trouble losing weight, try a natural supplement that helps do this.
19. Go on a low fat diet. Low fat is good for your heart too.
20. The Atkins Diet. This seems to work as there are success stories but many people feel nauseated by the high fat content. It also doesn’t seem to keep you healthy for life.
21. Lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks.
22. Try the Lemonade Diet and Master Cleanse.
23. Form a new weight loss habit in 21 days.
24. Take Suvaril. This is a revolutionary weight loss pill helping people achieve healthy and great looking bodies the natural way.
25. Eat only until satisfied. Too many people eat and eat and eat even if they’ve had enough. Eat only till your satisfied.
26. Jog up a hill. Hills are like lifting weights for runners. Do this only if you have enough endurance built up. It will also help convert useful fat to a little muscle.
27. Follow Leo’s Zen Weight Loss plan.
28. Stay away from sweetened and fizzy drinks.
29. Drink a glass of water before you start the meal. Water naturally needs some space so that you feel fuller without actually having to stuff yourself.
30. Stay away from fried foods. Fried foods are fried in oil or fat. And even if the external oil is drained away, there is still a lot of hidden oil in it so stay away from it.
31. Avoid chocolate. Chocolates are not or at least they should not be a part of your diet. So do not indulge too much in them.
32. Consider going Vegetarian or Vegan. Here’s how.
33. Eat 5 to 6 small meals a day instead of three large meals. It is an excellent way of having smaller quantities of food.
34. No more beer. Beer can be fattening if had on a regular basis.
35. Boil your vegetables instead of cooking them, or even better, eat them fresh.
36. Do not be a couch potato.
37. Try out Carol Vorderman’s 28 Day Detox Diet.
38. Attend The Raw Food Party with Peter Pure.
39. Try yoga. Yoga is one of the best ways of losing weight. And it seems to be massive in 2008!
40. Don’t compare yourself to others. Everyone’s plans, body and patterns are different. Work at your own pace.