Sunday, July 11, 2010
I found this article in a book I was reading and I wanted to share it with you's cause we all have been failing with our weight lose.
When selecting a menu to lose body fat, make sure you are consuming a balanced and complete diet. Your assignment is to set realistic and attainable weight loss and diet goals. Start by following the simple guidelines below.
Nutritional and Diet Menu Guidelines
1. Commit to consuming 4 - 6 small meals and snacks everyday.
2. To succeed, you must plan ahead by packing your foods the night before. Thus, you should always have fresh and low-fat foods around.
3. Keep it simple. Don't get too caught up on the specifics or your diet. Start by simply just counting calories.
4. Eat your foods slower.
5. Make healthier food selections like fruits, vegetables, whole grain cereals, and beans, low-fat or nonfat dairy products, low fat meats, fish and skinless poultry.
6. Avoid foods that are high in fat and calories.
7. Avoid foods that are high in sugars such as pastries, candy bars, pies and candy.
8. Use a variety of fruits and vegetables in your nutrition plan. Start by trying to eat 5 total vegetable and fruit servings every single day.
Apple - medium with peel
Banana - medium
Bread - slice rye 7 grain
Bread whole wheat - slice
Chicken Breast / White Meat
Coca Cola - diet
Cottage cheese - 1 % fat
Cream, fluid, half and half
Croutons - plain
Italian- reduced cal
Jelly - any flavor
Mayo type, -reduced cal
Milk- fat free
Ranch- reduced cal.
Rice - white cook steamed
Salad - small garden romaine
Sugar - white
Thousand island - reduced cal.
Tuna fish - in water
Turkey Breast / White Meat
Yogurt's--light,fat free only
They even give you a sample menus ( boy do they look good ) I am going to try these.
Cream,fluid,half and half
Oatmeal-instant,maple,brown sugar Quaker
AM Snack-- Cottage cheese
Lunch-- Bread whole wheat 2slices
PM Snack--- Cracker/low saltines
Dinner--- Chicken Breast/boneless/skinless
Rice-white cook steamed
Vegetables- mixed boiled/steamed
Salad- garden w/tomato,onion,cucumber
Reduced cal dressing
Dessert--- Sugar Free jello/pudding/ice cream/frozen yogurt
Whipped topping--reduced cal
64 oz of water daily