Monday, August 20, 2012
Hi, friends! This is so exciting. Four days ago, August 16th, marked one whole year of SparkPeople. No, I didn't reach the goal I'd first set of losing 50 lbs in a year, but I did make substantial inroads and established lots of good habits. Here's my report:
1. Managed to lose and keep off 29 lbs
2. Dropped two sizes
3. Cleaned out half my closet
4. Can now wear the other half
5. Wrote my first ever blog
6. Made my first ever online only friends
7. Discovered what a difference it makes to let myself by supported by community. I've always been a Little Red Hen type, as in "I will do it myself."
8. Discovered SP videos thanks to ROXYSMOM
9. Have gone from laughing at my first SP video attempts to actually being able to do them
10. Learned that I'm not nearly as good at estimating portion size as I thought I was
11. No Plus or X sizes in my wardrobe
12. Able to "shop" in drawers and closet for "new" clothes I haven't been able to wear in ages (there are still some of those, but not many)
13. Have learned a lot about what makes me vulnerable to overeating
14. Learning not to judge myself harshly for what I've done or not done. Believe me, this is a big one.
15. Learned to read those sneaky labels--and menus--very carefully after making several what I thought were good choices
16. Enjoyed very active vacations with stair-climbing, rock-climbing, hiking, & biking to an extent I couldn't previously do
17. Got out of pre-diabetic range back to normal
18. Got out of Obese range into Overweight. NEVER AGAIN.
19. Have tracked my food consistently even when the results weren't good
20. Have exercised at least 10 min daily since I started exercising about 6 wks into SP
21. Stuck with it for one whole year and am not about to stop now
THANK YOU, SparkGuy, for this marvelous FREE resource.
THANK YOU, Sparkfriends, for all the notes, messages, encouragement, support, goodies, and friendship. You are the best.
THANK YOU, dear friend BC and dear daughter AM, for telling me about SP. Wishing you both success here, too.
THANK YOU, dear husband, for never-failing kindness and support.
And...I guess I deserve my THANKS too. THANK YOU, Body, for responding to my efforts. THANK YOU, Mind, for motivating me to do something, even when I don't want to. THANK YOU, Spirit, for nudging me in a healthier direction with the words of Ignatius of Loyola,
"Our only desire and one choice should be this: I want and I choose what better leads to God/Godde's deepening life in me."
Saturday, August 11, 2012
Another day of packing food. I got rushed and had to just throw some things in, but I think I ended up with 1569, 19 cal over, but much better than if I hadn't planned at all.
:-) Lots of seated work today, so I stretched my shoulders and back often. Again at lunchtime, I walked the halls for more fitness minutes.
Long but good day--but not as long as expected, so I will be better rested to get up and go to choir early tomorrow morning.
What am I going to do to celebrate my upcoming one year Sparkversary?
Friday, August 10, 2012
I had to pack all my food today exccept breakfast. I was working at the county election office. Fortunately there were no sweets or treats except the sugar-free vanilla pudding and Dove chocolate I brought myself.
1311 total! Woohoo!
I even got in an extra 30 fitness minutes by walking briskly in the halls at lunchtime. It was much to hot to go out.
If I did it today, I can do it again tomorrow!
Thursday, August 09, 2012
Day 8 - I lost yesterday due to computer troubles. I was able to track part of the day--good--but got frustrated later and ended nibbling in the evening. A couple of full scans later, the acute problems seem to have gone away, but computer is still a bit sluggish.
On the plus side,
Did a great cardio workout
Finished a book
Tracked what I could and did well for most of the day
Day 7 - Today I woke up feeling totally unmovitated. I told myself, "Come on, you can do it," and did my usual 5 min wakeup stretches. I checked the computer, logged on to SP, posted my status, and within seconds found featured board post, "Not Feeling It? Do It Anyway!" Just what I needed. After that, I visited SUPERACHIEVER's blog that sent me to some hilarious cat videos on YouTube. To get in my upbeat song for the day, I went to the piano, which is how I often do it, and found a very funny song in a Quaker hymnal that starts, "What do you do with a new Attender" to the tune of "What Shall We Do With a Drunken Sailor". "Read him a bit from Advices and Queries", "Make him sit for an hour in silence", and "Appoint him on to the Peace Committee" gave me another good laugh.
Then I tracked my breakfast and was very surprised that what I thought was a good breakfast came in 102 cal over what was recommmended. That was with sugar-free jam, light English muffin, Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light, and 30 cal Silk almond milk, banana/pb/cocoa smoothie. Arghh. Should have stuck to half a muffin. Should have looked at my tracker first, not after, or tracked as I went. Oh well. Not fatal; I can recover from that mistake and still be in range today.
Off to play with my SP DVD! I was so excited to actually have won something!
THANK YOU dear Sparkfriends. Doing it alone is not only a lot harder, it usually doesn't stick.
Later: I've got about 200 cal left for evening snack. In spite of overdoing breakfast, I'm going ot make it!
Get An Email Alert Each Time SABLENESS Posts