Friday, July 08, 2011
The girls have been wanting to take an afternoon walk to the park all week and every day we have had a rain storm. Today it was sunny so we set out to walk to a park about 1/2 mile from the house. It was hot, but a beautiful sunny afternoon. The girls were able to play about 15 minutes when a dark cloud came up and a HUGE clap of thunder sounded. Needless to say we started back home. It started sprinkling huge, hard drops. We picked up the pace as much as their short little legs could go. Just as we got in the bottom dropped and it started hailing. Within a couple of minutes it stopped and the sun came back out. We can still hear thunder so we don't want to venture out again just yet. Later this evening we have plans to go to the Irish Festival. I hope the rain is gone by then, or we will have to change our plans.
Maybe tomorrow will be a better day for a nice long walk and some outside play time.
Wednesday, July 06, 2011
I "stole" this from a Spark Friend and thought it would be a great way for us to get to know a little more about each other. No pressure, but feel free to copy and paste to your blog and let others get to know more about you, too.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Rhonda Flemming, one of my mother's favorite actresses from long ago.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Not really sure, I'm not much of a crier.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
It's okay, but could be better.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Yes. I have 1 daughter and 3 step children.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
DUH! Of course I do!
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
No way!!!!! I hate heights!
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Special K with Red Berries
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Depends on how lazy I"m feeling.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Emotionally yes, physically - I need to spend more time at the gym!
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
I'm not much of an ice cream eater. If I had to choose, I do like the new Dove mini dark chocolate ice cream bars. Only 70 calories per bar.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My lack of self motivation
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
18. WHAT IS THE PAUL MCKENNA TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
Who is that?
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
White and silver Brooks running shoes
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
quinoa and black bean salad with chopped olives, green onions, and roasted red peppers
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
weather on the local news - storms are coming
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Garlic sautéing in butte, or fresh coffee brewing
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
College football - Ole Miss Rebels, or any other Southeastern Conference team
27. HAIR COLOR?
Only Ty knows for sure! He's my hairdresser.
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Yes, but not every day. I mostly wear them when I run or do other outside activities.
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
I am not one for horror type scary movies, but I do like a good murder!
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
The Adjustment Bureau - Loved it!
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
SUMMER! No contest!
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Dark chocolate - I have one small square every night after dinner.
37. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
cardio - especially running!
38. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Port Mortuary by Patricia Cornwell - great murder mystery!
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
I don't have a mouse pad.
42. FAVORITE SOUND?
Rain falling slowly on a tin roof. Puts me right to sleep. Problem is we are only at our family cabin with a tin roof one week out of the year. It's 1300+ miles from here.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I can play piano and flute
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
NOLA! (New Orleans, LA)
47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
48. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
Very light yellow with green trim
49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
50. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 50 QUESTIONS?
Yes, but I enjoy reading others answers even more :)
Get An Email Alert Each Time RWALTON730 Posts