Monday, February 14, 2011
It's a small two-person Coleman tent, well reviewed on Overstock.com, & today it is on special for just $41. With $1 shipping, what a deal! I also bought a roll-up foam pad to go under my sleeping bag.
This is symbolic in a couple of ways--because:
1. My husband & I got a nice little Eddie Bauer tent as a wedding present--but we never used it. Because I was sole support of the family, I worked most weekends as well as weekdays, & there was never a good time to go camping. Besides, after a few years of marriage I realized that he was too anxious & crabby to go camping with--it wouldn't have been fun AT ALL.
2. When he moved out, he wanted to take the tent & the propane lamp (also a wedding present). It wasn't worth arguing over, so I said OK.
3. I am starting to feel better after two weeks with bronchitis--& spring is coming!
4. I am actually picturing using this as a ONE-person tent for getaways at Starved Rock Park (central Illinois), or by a lake in Wisconsin, to hike & write. I myself AM a fun person to camp with--things don't have to be perfect, I take problems in stride, I hugely enjoy the beauty of nature. And I enjoy solitude.
5. I also enjoy people! I can go camping with groups of friends. I can even bring the tent to future church retreats & thus have private sleeping quarters rather than sharing a dorm-style room. When my granddaughter (who will be born any day now) gets old enough, I can take her on short camping trips!
OK, this was an impulsive purchase (I just happened to scroll through Overstock's ad today & a larger version of this tent caught my eye). But it obviously speaks to some of my deep longings. I hereby proclaim that one of my 2011 goals is to take at least one weekend camping trip!
Saturday, February 12, 2011
This is my Motivation Blog for the next 5% Challenge.
My BMI is within the healthy range. My blood pressure is usually lovely (at my last visit to my doctor, despite this bronchitis, it was something like 100/70). My blood sugar is fine, my cholesterol is fine. I'm not disease prone.
But I still want to lose some weight & tone up, especially my upper arms. At my goal weight, 150, I will be at a BMI of 21.6--still healthy, not underweight at all. I want to get there so I can comfortably wear some favorite clothes--that sleeveless black dress in summer! that slinky wool-knit black dress in winter! that white dress with a jazzy belt! all my shorts! all the sleeveless shirts/tops!
Yep, I want to be strong too. But this round, it's gonna be for the way I look! Hurray!
Get An Email Alert Each Time RUTHXG Posts