Tuesday, January 22, 2013
BLC-WIDE WEEKEND CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!!!
BLC20 was the round of NO EXCUSES and we are jumping right into BLC21 with the same notion. It's time to set aside your excuses and JUST DO IT!! The following "BLC-WIDE WEEKEND CHALLENGE" will run from Friday 1/18 through Monday 1/21.
D: DECIDE to just DO IT. Have a break-through this weekend. Attack anything that has been holding you back. It could be something you fear. Maybe something that makes you feel silly. Something that you think you can't do. Have you told yourself that you're too old/heavy/out of shape to do something? Maybe you've been putting something off for tomorrow, and tomorrow hasn't ever came. Tackle it, DO IT. Need some ideas? Ask on your team chat thread, your teammates may have some ideas that help spark you! Set a goal of 1 obstacle to overcome. Can be done anytime Friday through Monday. One time points awarded. 100 points.
O: OXYGENATE you body. Do your cardio. Do an activity that raises your heart rate and makes you shine with sweat and pride for at least 20 minutes. 25 points per day that you exercise at least 20 minutes. Max points for 4 days = 100.
I: INTERACT. TWO parts to this one - FIRST post on your chat thread with real information about you - what's important to know about you AND SECOND respond to your team members who post. Don't worry, you don't have to reply to EVERY person, just acknowledge or respond to at least some of your teammates. Is there someone that makes you smile? Laugh? Say "me too"? LET THEM KNOW. These connections will help carry you through the next 12 weeks and *beyond*! 25 points per day that you INTERACT on your team chat thread. Max points for 4 days = 100.
T: TRACK your nutrition. It would be great to be able to stay within your calorie range, but the real focus of this weekend is to get familiar with your food tracker (it doesn't matter if you use Spark, an app, or a paper napkin). Knowledge is power. Know what you're eating! You don't have to be perfect to earn points. Log at least 1 meal to earn 10 points. Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste) for the entire day to earn 50 points! Max points for perfect logging for 4 days = 200.
Your captain will let you know how you are to report the challenge points earned for your specific team. PLEASE be timely to ensure that your score counts for your team. Remember, we're not looking for Perfection. We want you to give it your best effort but don't be detoured by an ALL OR NOTHING mentality!
D: One Time Points = ( 100 / 100 )
O: F (25 / 25 ); S ( 25 / 25 ); S ( 25 / 25 ); M ( xx / 25 ) = ( 75 / 100 )
I: F (25 / 25 ); S ( 25 / 25 ); S ( 25 / 25 ); M ( 25 / 25 ) = ( 100 / 100 )
T: F ( 50 / 50 ); S ( 50 / 50 ); S ( 50 / 50 ); M ( 50 / 50 ) = ( 200 / 200 )
Total: ( 475 / 500 )
Friday, January 18, 2013
This weekend my "just do it" is to stay within calorie range. I'm going to track it all and plan ahead as much as possible. I'm supposed to go out for a friend's birthday dinner tomorrow. My plan is to check the menu before I go and see what my best options are based on nutritional value and calorie count. Hopefully, I'll get my gold stars, too.
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
FUN = (25 points per day) = Spend at least 10 minutes each day doing something FUN and active. It must be something that involves more body motion than watching TV or reading a book, but with no exercise or calorie burn requirement.
** BONUS ** = (25 points for weekend) = At least 40 minutes of FUN over the four days (can all be the same day).
IN AND OUT = (25 points per day) = Track your CICO (Calories In and Calories Out). Post them either daily or all at once on Monday.
** BONUS ** = (25 points for weekend) = Track all four days. (In range not required - but obviously better for you.)
REST = (25 points per day) = Get at least 6 hours of sleep each night.
** BONUS ** = (25 points for weekend) = Get at least 30 hours over all four days (include naps if they are solid rest).
EDUCATION = (25 points per day) = Learn something interesting about one food you eat (does not have to be nutritional) and share it with your Team or in a blog.
** BONUS ** = (25 points for weekend) = Have one of those be a new food or new recipe to you.
DO MORE = (25 points per day) = Amp up your workout for that day by adding some more pounds, some more reps, or some intervals. Push your boundaries.
** BONUS ** = (25 points for weekend) = Stretch at least 10 minutes after each workout. (Minimum of 2 days with workouts and stretching to earn this.)
UPLIFT = (25 points per day) = Make a positive statement or affirmation that starts with "I can", "I will" or "I am". Ideally pick a negative phrase you regularly think or say and turn it around. (e.g. "I can't make time for myself" turned into "I will make time for myself".)
** BONUS ** = (25 points for weekend) = DO! Act on at least one of those statements and tell your Team about it.
PLAN = (25 points per day) = BLC#21 is almost here! Take a look at your calendar for these coming weeks. What difficulties are you likely to face? Out of town trips? Valentine's and Easter candy? Birthdays? Snowed in and power out? Plan now for ways to navigate around the potholes and speedbumps.
** BONUS ** = (25 points for weekend) = Post your plans in a blog or tell your teammates around the campfire.
FIRED UP BONUS: Max out the points and earn 125 extra points to scoop an even 1000 points for the weekend!
F (150/175) Sat (175/175) Sun (175/175) Mon (150/175)
Bonus (125/175) ** FIRED UP ** (0/125)
(25) F - don't laugh, but for "fun" today, I shoveled the driveway. I live in a townhouse/condo so, for the past 6 years, I haven't had a shovel. Paul bought one and I got rid of most of the ice and snow that were on it. I almost yard saled going out to the car the other day... this kind of killed 2 birds with one stone.
(25) I - Eaten 2,611 BMR* 1,563 Exercise 0 Total Burned 1,563 Differential 1,048
(25) R - got my 6 in last night. Just barely but I got them!!
(25) E - been thinking a lot about my snacks.
Read this: www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=8_s
Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of those things in Canada but it'll point me into a proper direction.
(0) D - not earned
(25) U - I will stop gaining and losing the same five pounds.
(25) P - I already do a weekly agenda but I'll plot it out on a BLC specific calendar when I'm not having power cord issues with my laptop. (ARGH)
(25) F = met some running buddies for an hour at the gym. ALWAYS a good time when joined by friends.
(25) I = CICO (posted on my nutriton tracker)
(25) R = 8 hours sleep last night
(25) E = we had a stir fry tonight with soba noodles. I've never cooked them at home so I was VERY happy to read that they were as easy as spaghetti to do. In the interest of grabbing some bonus "points" for my meal, I checked them out on Wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soba
(25) D = I added two kilograms to my tricep extension today in BodyPump. For our American Outlaws, that's about 4.4 pounds. Doesn't seem like a lot until you're doing skull crushers and there's 6 kilos plus a bar coming towards your forehead.
(25) U = I am strong in both mind and body.
(25) P = Today I put together my workout plan for the week of January 16-22. My biggest obstacle is not having a vehicle in the midday. I plan to work around that by keeping the stroller at home and, brace yourselves, WALKING to the gym.
F, 25, run club today.
I, 25, calories eaten 2147, BMR 1563, calories burned 1188, differential -604.
R, 25, a little over 7 hours of sleep.
E, 25, *my* educatuion for the day is that giving blood and then doing a long run will knock me on your butt. Coffee, consumed when dog-tired will screw with your sleep pattern if consumed after six. I can't paste a link to explain why but I'm sure there's one out there if someone wants to hook me up.
D, 25, I added a little extra mileage today so I could burn over 1100 calories. (It's the little goals that keep me going)
U, 25, I will inspire others.
P, 25, fruit puchased for snacks. Tomorrow, I will divvy it up for the week.
(25) F - Thanks to the "outlaw dance party" I got my fun in yesterday.
(25) I - Calories Eaten 2,281 BMR* 1,563 Exercise 662 Total Burned 2,225 Differential 56
(25) R - Just a smidgen over six hours of sleep
(0) E - NO POINTS
(25) D - more came by way of more weight on my bicep curl bar in BodyPump.
(25) U - "I can be healthier, not just for them, but for me.
(25) P - Planning was putting my name down for FOUR new release classes of: BodyPump, BodyFlow, BodyAttack and BodyCombat.
Wednesday, January 09, 2013
( 2 ) S - Stretching (5 minutes)
( 2 ) P - Presses--tricep or chest with or without weights. (x15)
( 2 ) L - Lunges (x15 per leg)
( 2 ) A - Alternating Bi-cep Curl (x15 each side)
( 2 ) S - Supermans (5)
( 2 ) H - H20
BONUS FOR DOING ALL SIX = 50 POINTS
( 25 ) G - 8:30 sleep last night
( 25 ) A - aerobic activity
( 10 ) M - Meditate, 5 minutes
( 25 ) E - Eat Fruits and Veggies, eat 5/day
( 25 ) S - Scrutinize (track food & fitness, blog/post)
Monday ( 160 / 210 )
Get An Email Alert Each Time RUNNINGWILD Posts