Tuesday, October 09, 2012
Before I left for Kelowna on Friday I was assigned a new bus with the warning, "it had small creatures living in it for a bit." It turns out, it was birds. (I was secretly scared it was mice) Anyway, to make a story short and simple, I don't actually know how the family of birds got into my bus but I do know that it has made me never, EVER, want to own another bird. EVER! Two and a quarter hours later, I have scrubbed every seat on that bus TWICE, swept the floor, installed the car seat for Emily and put things where I want them to go. (that's the quarter of the hour) After that, I pre-tripped it with the intention of taking a little tour around the parking lot. Hey guess what?! The #$@%*&^% thing wouldn't start. I called the after-hours mechanic and he said that, if he couldn't get a hold of the regular guy, he'd come look at it. I told him I was cold, angry and going home. I still had to eat supper, unpack, map out my route (in words) for tomorrow and TRY to relax.
I think I'm just about there.
Calories Eaten 2073
Total Burned 2053
So let's see, my differentials so far have been: Friday 607 + Saturday 408 + Sunday 1132 + Monday 20. That totals to 2167. That's 62% of a pound. I wasn't planning on running tomorrow but I'm thinking I don't have a choice if I don't want to gain on Wednesday. Anyone know any good exercises to burn 2167 calories FAST?! EEP!!
(definitely a do as I say, not as I do weekend)
Sunday, September 30, 2012
I'm visiting the in-laws with the mini-fam this weekend so I had to do my last LSD run before my next HM in the middle of nowhere. Thankfully, that meant a couple of things: everything was new and traffic was not a problem.
My grateful list for today is:
1. A comfortable bed. The in-laws recently upgraded the mattress on the hide-a-bed. *sigh*
2. A good night's sleep. See above. (except for a couple interruptions from Roo, I had a lovely 8 or 9 hours of sleep last night)
3. Coffee. Seriously, can anything perk you up in the morning like a nice, fresh, steaming cup of java?
4. Country roads. I felt really isolated on my run today and, for a change, it was wonderful. Not sure I could do more than 6k by myself but ....
5. A good book. My favourites are written by Jean M. Auel, James Patterson, Diana Gibaldon
6. A great run.
7. Sunshine. It is SO beautiful outside today.
8. Baby smiles. Especially when accompanied by giggles.
9. Adoring fans. I'll post some pics of mine in a sec.
10. Cool breezes. When it's warm outside, and you're out for a run, it's a very welcome thing.
And now the pictures I promised.
This is just as I left the house:
The first wind in the road:
Just a little of what I saw along the way:
My toughest decision today:
I chose to head off to the left and was greeted by this "lovely" hill:
This is where I turned around: The view from the top of the hill: This sign seemed appropriate for this week's BLC20 challenge: Another beautiful view:
My adoring fans I can see the finish line:
More fans. These ones belong to the in-laws. The brown one with the white & black snout is Emily's horse, Belle.
What my mini-fam does while I'm out running:
Saturday, September 29, 2012
It's been another long and beautiful day -
1. I was able to take part in the first half marathon of FOUR of my clinic participants today. I got to cheerlead, watch them cross the finish line AND, for two of them, I got to put their medals on.
2. I walked today, almost 5 kms, in the crunchy Autumn leaves. I love this time of year.
3. I have a loving, supportive hubby that allowed me to delay our trip to his parents so that I could be a part of #1 and then accompanied me on #2.
4. I have in-laws that care about me and that don't drive me too crazy.
5. Tim Horton's coffee
6. Autumn = pumpkin flavoured everything! My favourite is pie!!
7. Baby kisses.
8. Sunset in the mountains.
9. Deer on the race course. White-tailed ones. I forgot how beautiful they are when they're free.
10. Fresh fruit. Yum!!
Friday, September 28, 2012
I started compiling this list at 5:30 this morning when I was getting Roo loaded into the bus to start my day.....
10 Things that I am grateful for: (in no particular order)
1. my early mornings allow me a clear view of the "night" sky. The stars were amazing today.
2. I got to watch the moon "set" and the sun rise. Gorgeous!
3. the students on my bus are polite, well-behaved and respectful.
4. my route takes me through some beautiful parts of this city that I call home.
5. Emily is now 11 months old and is growing more wise each and every day.
6. I have a beautiful, healthy little family.
7. I am healthy and able to enjoy time with my children.
8. I am surrounded by friends, on line and in real life, that care about me and how I am doing.
9. I am super fortunate, in today's world, to have a job that I enjoy.
10. My furbabies love me.
Saturday, September 15, 2012
Blog your 12 week plan for success. Be specific. Don't limit yourself to minutes of fitness and calories consumed. Really think about it! How can you fit in the minutes that you need in your busy day? How will you be sure to have quality food options? How will you reward yourself along the way? Post your 12 week plan in a BLOG entry to receive 150 points. (complete any day, receive one time points)
I've been thinking about this all day (Friday) because, as of Monday, my schedule is changing drastically. Here's the tentative plan until I see how it works. I may have to tweak it a little.
Breakfast will have to be quick and easy to make as I'm estimating that I'll be leaving the house no later than 5:45 in the morning. I pick up my first child on 6:50. I have a 20 minute drive to the yard, another 20 minutes to do my Pre-trip and then an, as yet, undetermined amount of time to get to my first stop. Obviously, it has to be 20 minutes, or less.
Lunch will be either a carefully made (the night before) salad or sandwich that *should* be 500 cals or less and snacks for morning and afternoon at 200 calories each.
Dinner on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays will be chicken, pork and fish. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, because I need to be at run club, peanut butter and jam sandwiches.
Weekends I will keep my focus and *try* not to fall off track. I'm sorely outnumbered by males and they are NOT watching what they eat like I am.
Currently, the plan is to do BodyPump on Monday, Thursday and Saturday. I run on Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday. Friday is my rest day.
On top of this, I need to make sure that I check in with my team and keep them motivated. Hopefully, they'll motivate me, too.
Sleep - I need to figure out what my new bedtime is and then get Emily to cooperate. Since she'll be getting up early with me, this shouldn't be a problem.
How can you fit in the minutes that you need in your busy day?
**I guess we'll find this one out. Theoretically, I have between 8:30 and 2:00 to myself every day. I *should* be able to fit in a class or two in there.
How will you be sure to have quality food options?
**I do the grocery shopping so I'm covered there. I just have to convince my family NOT to bring "bad" stuff into the house.
How will you reward yourself along the way?
I've already picked out a pair of sneakers, a skort and a shirt.
This is all I can think of right now but I will be reevaluating this as I go.
Get An Email Alert Each Time RUNNINGWILD Posts