Tuesday, October 09, 2012
Total Burned 1,581
Better today than yesterday but tomorrow is going to be even better still!
If I can kick this cold that seems to be trying to move into my body.
Tuesday, October 09, 2012
Before I left for Kelowna on Friday I was assigned a new bus with the warning, "it had small creatures living in it for a bit." It turns out, it was birds. (I was secretly scared it was mice) Anyway, to make a story short and simple, I don't actually know how the family of birds got into my bus but I do know that it has made me never, EVER, want to own another bird. EVER! Two and a quarter hours later, I have scrubbed every seat on that bus TWICE, swept the floor, installed the car seat for Emily and put things where I want them to go. (that's the quarter of the hour) After that, I pre-tripped it with the intention of taking a little tour around the parking lot. Hey guess what?! The #$@%*&^% thing wouldn't start. I called the after-hours mechanic and he said that, if he couldn't get a hold of the regular guy, he'd come look at it. I told him I was cold, angry and going home. I still had to eat supper, unpack, map out my route (in words) for tomorrow and TRY to relax.
I think I'm just about there.
Calories Eaten 2073
Total Burned 2053
So let's see, my differentials so far have been: Friday 607 + Saturday 408 + Sunday 1132 + Monday 20. That totals to 2167. That's 62% of a pound. I wasn't planning on running tomorrow but I'm thinking I don't have a choice if I don't want to gain on Wednesday. Anyone know any good exercises to burn 2167 calories FAST?! EEP!!
(definitely a do as I say, not as I do weekend)
Sunday, September 30, 2012
I'm visiting the in-laws with the mini-fam this weekend so I had to do my last LSD run before my next HM in the middle of nowhere. Thankfully, that meant a couple of things: everything was new and traffic was not a problem.
My grateful list for today is:
1. A comfortable bed. The in-laws recently upgraded the mattress on the hide-a-bed. *sigh*
2. A good night's sleep. See above. (except for a couple interruptions from Roo, I had a lovely 8 or 9 hours of sleep last night)
3. Coffee. Seriously, can anything perk you up in the morning like a nice, fresh, steaming cup of java?
4. Country roads. I felt really isolated on my run today and, for a change, it was wonderful. Not sure I could do more than 6k by myself but ....
5. A good book. My favourites are written by Jean M. Auel, James Patterson, Diana Gibaldon
6. A great run.
7. Sunshine. It is SO beautiful outside today.
8. Baby smiles. Especially when accompanied by giggles.
9. Adoring fans. I'll post some pics of mine in a sec.
10. Cool breezes. When it's warm outside, and you're out for a run, it's a very welcome thing.
And now the pictures I promised.
This is just as I left the house:
The first wind in the road:
Just a little of what I saw along the way:
My toughest decision today:
I chose to head off to the left and was greeted by this "lovely" hill:
This is where I turned around: The view from the top of the hill: This sign seemed appropriate for this week's BLC20 challenge: Another beautiful view:
My adoring fans I can see the finish line:
More fans. These ones belong to the in-laws. The brown one with the white & black snout is Emily's horse, Belle.
What my mini-fam does while I'm out running:
Saturday, September 29, 2012
It's been another long and beautiful day -
1. I was able to take part in the first half marathon of FOUR of my clinic participants today. I got to cheerlead, watch them cross the finish line AND, for two of them, I got to put their medals on.
2. I walked today, almost 5 kms, in the crunchy Autumn leaves. I love this time of year.
3. I have a loving, supportive hubby that allowed me to delay our trip to his parents so that I could be a part of #1 and then accompanied me on #2.
4. I have in-laws that care about me and that don't drive me too crazy.
5. Tim Horton's coffee
6. Autumn = pumpkin flavoured everything! My favourite is pie!!
7. Baby kisses.
8. Sunset in the mountains.
9. Deer on the race course. White-tailed ones. I forgot how beautiful they are when they're free.
10. Fresh fruit. Yum!!
Friday, September 28, 2012
I started compiling this list at 5:30 this morning when I was getting Roo loaded into the bus to start my day.....
10 Things that I am grateful for: (in no particular order)
1. my early mornings allow me a clear view of the "night" sky. The stars were amazing today.
2. I got to watch the moon "set" and the sun rise. Gorgeous!
3. the students on my bus are polite, well-behaved and respectful.
4. my route takes me through some beautiful parts of this city that I call home.
5. Emily is now 11 months old and is growing more wise each and every day.
6. I have a beautiful, healthy little family.
7. I am healthy and able to enjoy time with my children.
8. I am surrounded by friends, on line and in real life, that care about me and how I am doing.
9. I am super fortunate, in today's world, to have a job that I enjoy.
10. My furbabies love me.
Get An Email Alert Each Time RUNNINGWILD Posts