Wednesday, May 26, 2010
I thought this email forward was pretty funny..... ENJOY!!!
Humorous Truths for Mature Humans in the 21st Century
1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.
13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.
14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this - ever.
15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voice mail. What did you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?
16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
18. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
19. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.
20. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.
21. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.
22. I would rather try to carry 10 over-loaded plastic bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
23. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.
24. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
25. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?
26. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
28. Is it just me or do high school kids get dumber & dumber every year?
29. There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.
30. As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate bicyclists.
31. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
32. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet my a$$ everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!
Friday, April 02, 2010
So today my trainer had me do the 25, 50, 75 program. Man am I beat!
I could barely finish my lunch because I had such a tough workout. (I can't eat if I work out too hard.... weird thing about me I guess!) I am exhausted!
This program is for trainers, firefighters, policemen, etc.... You start with 4-5 different exercises and do 25 reps per workout. Then you start all over again and do 50 reps. Then you start all over again doing 75 reps. This is done with no weights... just using body weight. (I don't think I could do this with weights!)
So basically I ended up doing 150 squats, 150 push ups, 150 step ups (per foot), 150 assisted chin ups, and 150 crunches/situps. It worked all my muscle groups and I am feeling it! I did this in 40 minutes and did not stop. The step ups were by far the most draining for me. Along with the push ups too..... But I did it! And I am so proud of myself. My trainer was amazed and loved my determination. He couldn't believe that I didn't stop and that it only took 40 minutes to go through the workout. So of course, that made me smile ear to ear!
Now if only I could take a nice long nap...... but I am stuck at work.
I took my oldest son for a bike ride last night. We only went 5-6 miles but chatted pretty much the whole time. He was asking me, " Mom, do you REALLY work out this hard everyday".... And I just looked at him and said, "Sure do. Even harder some days". He then went on to saying... I don't think you really do because I am struggling with these hills and I can't believe that you work out harder than this.
I guess I need to get him to the gym with me to see me in action. (I told him that too!) He thinks his 'old' mom can't be this fit... guess I need to prove him wrong!
Hmmmm......maybe I should have him do the above program with me at home. See how long he lasts.....!
Friday, March 26, 2010
So yesterday I am on my way home from work and walking to my parking lot. I am always in a hurry to get home.... don't know why, I just always am. So the red light that I had to wait for was not working for me. So what do I do, I start walking but then notice a car coming so I start running. In the midst of everything... it all went so fast.... I find myself falling forward. Not sure if I tripped over a crack or my own two feet but I land on my knees and hands in the middle of the road. OUCH!
I get up as fast as I went down and start walking again, totally embarrassed. I had a few people ask me if I was ok and I just nod and say, "just a little embarrassed". I finally get to my car and once safely inside I assess the damage. I ripped a big hole in my brand new smaller size pants , both knees are bleeding, my foot is scraped, both hands are bleeding, and I have road rash on my hands. Just a little banged up!
I drive home with my knees bleeding... don't really care about the pants now since they have the huge hole in the knee. And I needed to wrap kleenex around my fingers.
My kids helped play doctor fixing me up when I got home. And my hubby just laughed... only because he said that I deserved it for violating the traffic laws.
To top it off we had a penance service at church last night and the priest had us kneel down. Owie!!! That really hurt but I guess that is my penance for the traffic violation.
But I had a huge smile this morning after reading my email. I was voted Spark People Motivator. Thank you all that nominated me! There are so many inspiring people here on Spark People for me I never thought of myself as one. So thank you.... you have me smiling ear to ear and even through my pain!
Have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend!!!!
Get An Email Alert Each Time RUNNER4LIFE08 Posts