Thursday, October 15, 2009
I have achieved my ultimate goal - getting under 125 lbs!! YAY for me!! This is also the lowest weight I have ever reached in my adult life. Here I am, 29-years-old, a mother of 4 children, the youngest being twins who just turned a year old, and looking more fit and slim than EVER before! If I can do this, ANYONE can.
But now, comes the hard part - keeping myself here.... and starting my maintenance phase DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON! Yeah, I have my work cut out for me. Anyone who is familiar with German traditions and German chocolate (since Germany is my home) will have an idea of just how hard this is going to be! I mean, Weihnachtsmarkt (the Christmas markets), and Glühwein, and the crepe stands at Weihnachtsmarkt, and the wonderful holiday chocolates and cookies, and the wonderful festive family parties with all the goodies right there in front of you... I love it all! So, my challenge will be to set up some guidelines for myself to stay within, continue to watch my calories closely, and maybe set up a "Red Zone" weight, that once I reach, I need to cut back on the calories and maybe increase the exercise.... hmmmm. Lots to think about.....
Last weekend, I did NOT follow my calorie guideline goals like I had hoped. I did ok, but I really didn't keep track over the weekend when I was out-of-town for my half marathon..... Then this week is a little weird, because I planned to take a break from running for a week (following my half marathon that I ran last Saturday), and I have ended up with the stomach flu. I am actually not upset that I am sick, because it has forced me to take a complete break from exercise, including going to the gym, which I really think my body needs right now. But I always hate taking a complete break without a 'good reason.' So, this is my good reason. Hopefully the flu bug won't last too long.... But at least between not eating much, and being sick, I will probably easily stay where I am!
Anyway, so after this week, I will be working on my plan, my goals, my guidelines, to help me stay on track through the holidays - and hopefully come out January 1st right where I am now!! Here's to the Maintenance Zone!!
Friday, October 09, 2009
Yesterday was really crappy. I cooked the entire day, because we are leaving to go out-of-town today. We will be staying for 3 nights in the area where my half marathon is tomorrow. I am taking all of our food with us, so I can better count calories, and to avoid the cost of eating out. Anyway, I lost count of what I ate, because I nibbled a lot, and didn't keep track. =( =( =( I don't think it was more than 1,600, but it was definitely more than 1,400, I would say....
Anyway, today is going to be a little tough, too, because we will be traveling and such, but we are staying in a little bungalow with a fully furnished kitchen, and I am taking my food scale, measuring cups, and everything, to help me stay on track.
1. Today is a day of rest (a MUST the day before my race, of course) so NO RUNNING today.... =)
2. Keep my calories between breakfast and lunch around 800 or 900.
3. Drink lots of water to keep hunger away.
4. Keep the healthy snacks readily available in the car, and keep the unhealthier and/or high calorie snacks as far away from me as possible!
5. Get set up in our little bungalow as soon as possible, especially with the kitchen things, so that I am ready to go with the calorie counting immediately.
6. Keep my daily totals low today, 1,300-1,400.
HOPE THIS HELPS ME!
Wednesday, October 07, 2009
Only 5 days left!
Yesterday was not the best. I ended up eating more like 1,550 or something, which is still within my range on here, but more than I wanted to. I just felt really hungry last night. I also did not do a strength training workout. I don't often 'not feel like it' but last night, I really didn't feel like it. It's probably good anyway to save my muscles and not push them too hard just a few days before my half marathon, though.
So, my goals for today:
1. Run 10 Km this morning to start my day.
2. Keep my calories from breakfast and lunch around 800. That seems to be working well.
3. Stay busy! I will be very busy preparing for us to go out of town for my half marathon, where we will be staying for 3 nights. We leave tomorrow, and I have lots to do. Hopefully, that will help keep me away from food a little. =)
4. Drink lots and lots of water.
5. Keep daily calorie totaly under 1,400.
Let's see how it goes!!
Wednesday, October 07, 2009
ONLY 6 days to go! And then my journey is done! I cannot even express in words how good that feels... I have worked so hard for this for 9 long months now. I don't want to be 'trying to lose weight' all my life. I just wanted to get 'there', and now I plan to stay here. =)
Yesterday was AWESOME! I finished my day just at 1,400 calories. Perfect. I felt great, I felt very satisfied in the evening, because I 'saved' a good deal of calories for the end of the day. I had a big salad with some meat, and then a small bowl of my homemade soup... YUMMY!
Evenings, I have found, are a HORRIBLE time for me, because if I eat too much earlier in the day, and only have a few hundred left, I cannot stop thinking about food, and have this uncontrolable hunger. That is when I usually go crazy raiding the kitchen for food. So I have found, controlling my calories earlier in the day is the key.
So for today, my goals are:
1. Keep my calories between breakfast and lunch around or under 800.
2. Drink LOTS of water!!
3. Keep myself busy with housework or other things. The busier I am and more focused I am on other things usually makes it easier to stay out of the kitchen. (I don't know about anyone else, but being a SAHM is HARD when you are trying to lose weight... Being able to eat anytime you want.... Don't know if anyone else finds that challenging)
4. Drink LOTS of water!!
5. Keep my total daily calories under 1,400.
6. Run 5 km this morning as fast as I can.
7. Pump it hard in spinning tonight at the gym! And do a full workout as well.
I am ready to face my day!
Monday, October 05, 2009
I'm going to start a count-down, because next Tuesday, I am done with my weightloss, wherever I am at that point. It feels so good to have achieved my absolute ultimate goal, and to be done, not because I am giving up or losing motivation, but because I am 'there.'
Only 7 DAYS to go (today through Monday).
Yesterday, I ate a LOT. More than I set for my limit, but not too bad. I didn't count everything I ate, but I tried. I probably ate somewhere between 2,000-2,200 calories yesterday. So today is time to get back on track and give that LAST FINAL PUSH through to the end!
1. Keep my calorie totals for breakfast and lunch combined under 800. (CHECK! Breakfast/lunch combined were about 770.)
2. Drink lots and lots of water!
3. Go running for 12 Km this morning. (CHECK! Ran 12.5 Km)
4. Drink lots and lots of water!
5. Save more of my calories for the later part of the day when I have a harder time controlling them.
6. Keep my daily calorie total under 1,400.
7. When I absolutely need a small snack in the afternoon, keep it under 100 calories, cheese or protein of some kind, something filling. (CHECK! Stuck to the cheese, goat gouda, actually - 60 calories)
There is my game plan for today. I am really excited to see what happens this week!
Get An Email Alert Each Time RUNDARCYRUN Posts