Monday, October 05, 2009
Day 6 of my Op.CC
I weighed myself this morning, and I have lost 4 WHOPPING LBS in the last week!! That is way too much for one week, I think. Though I can't say I'm disappointed! I have no idea how I could have dropped weight like that - my weight is already fairly low, I wasn't sick at all this week, I didn't starve myself, it wasn't that time of month for me last week (I usually weigh more then). But this morning, I weighed 121.8 lbs. My ultimate goal has always been to get well under 125, and maintain my weight between 120-125, a very nice, slim, but not too skinny, weight for my 5'5" frame. So, I am IN MY GOAL RANGE! WOW! So maybe 1,500 calories was a bit low for my amount of exercise??!!?? I used the whole goal-setting system on here, so I am a bit surprised!
So, anyway, while I am still going to watch my calories this week and set goals for myself, and maybe try to lose 1-2 lbs more, I will be eating more than last week, and I will also be exercising a little bit less, since I am running a half marathon on Saturday.
1. Keep my calories between breakfast and lunch under 1,200.
2. Keep my calories for the entire day around 2,000, but if I go over that, I will not be too hard on myself today. I ran this morning (9.5 miles) and I definitely felt like I had considerably less energy. It was slow and labored. Not a good sign. So I think eating more calories today is in order.
3. Drink LOTS of water, especially when the hunger and/or cravings hit.
4. Stick to healthy calorie choices, foods that will provide good nutrients for my body.
5. Do a HAPPY DANCE for getting myself into my goal range.... YYYAAAAAAYYYYY!!
I would just like to add, that I am now at the absolute LOWEST weight EVER in my adult life. If I can do it, ANYONE CAN!!! Don't give up! Don't lose sight of your goals!
Saturday, October 03, 2009
Operation Calorie Control continues... Day 4.
Ok, Let's set some goals for the day, and proactively think of ways to avoid pitfalls!! I weighed in this morning at 123.6, the LOWEST I HAVE EVER WEIGHED as an adult!! WWWWOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOO!!! I am under 125. I just want to push it closer to 120, and then be done in a few weeks!
1. Go running - 20 Km - this morning... (Already done.)
2. Keep my calories from breakfast and lunch combined under 1,000. ( I have to eat a little more, because its my long-run day.)
3. Drink LOTS of water!
4. Bake cookies today for our special event that we are having (the cookies are not for me), but NO NIBBLING!! This is so hard, because I nibble constantly when I bake, which is super bad! At least the cookies are 100% whole grain, and only organic sugar. Not healthy, but better at least!
5. Drink LOTS of water!
6. Stay busy, and keep my mind off food! (Hard to do when I am baking cookies!)
7. Keep daily calorie total under 1,800. This shouldn't be too hard, but I always get more hungry on the day I do my long run. Need to fuel my body properly!
So, let's see how today goes!!
Friday, October 02, 2009
Day 3 of Operation Calorie Control
Fridays are usually a bit easier for me to stay on track, because I don't run on Fridays, and it is usually my quiet, restful day of the week (following my super stressful Thursday), but I want to make some goals for myself anyway today.... I have found writing out specific daily goals the last few days has been so helpful for me, so I think I will continue this over the next couple of weeks, just to help me stay on track.
1. Keep my calories under 900 for breakfast and lunch, put together of course. If I do eat a snack between lunch and dinner, keep it 100 calories or less, preferably protein, something filling.
2. Drink lots of water!
3. Keep myself busy today, and out of the kitchen. I will be running errands this morning, and then going grocery shopping this afternoon, then taking a nap. That should keep me out of the kitchen!
4. Drink lots of water!
5. For family pizza night tonight (we do this every Friday, homemade pizza and sauce, 100% whole grain, all natural ingredients), eat a good-sized bowl of soup FIRST, and eat only once the pizza is done along with everyone else. Often, I eat my dinner before the hubby is home, but then, because I am not eating anything and only watching them eat, it is way more tempting! Eating my soup along with them when they eat the pizza will help keep me from the pizza!! I may have 1 small piece of pizza after I have eaten my soup, drank lots of water, and let my food settle for at least 20 minutes - but NO MORE!!
6. Keep my total calories for the day under 1,500.
That's my game-plan. So far, this has been working so GREAT, and yesterday was AWESOME, showing my that I CAN be in control of my appetite even on my humpday. =)
Thursday, October 01, 2009
Yesterday was AWESOME!! I ended my day with just under 1,500, and felt great!! But I cannot live on yesterday's successes....
Today is a new day, and new challenges. Thursday is absolutely, by far, the hardest day for me - eating-wise, stress-wise, everything. It is my HUMPDAY! It is the only day in the week I work outside the home (just in the afternoon), and it totally wipes me out every week. I also have my hardest time with eating on Thursday, because of the fact that I have worked out hard the last several days AND the added stress.... If there is a day I need to set goals and stick to them, it is today.
So, I already went out for my morning run - 8.5+ miles. It was rainy and cold, and I ran slow, but I did it! Now time to focus on my eating -
1. Relax, and try not to stress too much about my work, and what I need to prepare for it - I have to prepare English lessons, because I teach English to little German kids here in Germany.
3. Keep my calories around 900 for breakfast and lunch. NO snacking in between breakfast and lunch (this is a bad time for me, and I usually pack on the calories then).
2. STAY AWAY from the treats that might be at work!!
3. Drink lots of water.
4. When hunger hits, find something else to focus on, and drink LOTS of water!!
5. Save a larger number of calories for the evening, when it is the hardest time for me to stay on the right path.
6. Keep my overall daily calories under 1,500. This is going to be a huge challenge, because I definitely am very hungry from the stress, and from my workout at the gym on Wed. night.
I CAN DO IT!! I just have to be strong and stay focused...
I have done AWESOME today. Just writing out specific calorie goals for the day really, really helps. I have saved lots of calories until dinner, and eaten dinner to satisfaction, and am STILL under my target calorie intake...
I will continue my Op. Cal. Control for the next several days or couple of weeks, and see how it helps! My weightloss journey is over at the end of October, one way or the other, so I wanna make every day/week count!
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Today is a new day. Yesterday is behind. Stick to the plan. Stay focused. Get those last few pounds OFF, OFF, OFF!!
1. Keep my calories under 1200 before dinner time.
2. When the hunger hits, drink lots, and lots of water.
3. When water does not pacify, stick to a snack of 100 cals or less, and wait at least an hour.
4. Drink lots of water.
5. Keep my overall calories for the day under 1,500.
6. Work my butt off at the gym tonight in spinning!! And in strength training too.
That's my plan. Now let's see how my day goes... (So far, VERY GOOD!!)
Get An Email Alert Each Time RUNDARCYRUN Posts