Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Wow! I just realized it's been a while since I've blogged! Time does have a way of passing quickly, now doesn't it!
I would like to begin by giving a big THANK YOU to everyone that's stopped by my blogs to read, contemplate, & leave commentary. I am still slowly responding back...so if you haven't heard from me, you will! I must say though, I was so overwhelmed with the outpour of congratulations & warm wishes from so many of you in the SparkPeople community! From the bottom of my heart, you are all appreciated for your support, your good will wishes, & words of encouragement! I must say, I can never repay such kindness! I also deeply appreciate many of you for sharing your life experiences, & I was touched by your compassion. It's now been 2 1/2 months since I've joined SparkPeople...& I can honestly say, my world will NEVER be the same!
Now, for progress reports & updates!
1. I've lost a total of 23.2 lbs to date!
2. I'm walking an hour or more daily w/pedometer readings 15,000+ or more!
3. My hubby has lost 9 lbs to date!
4. I've lowered my daily calorie range to 1000-1350 so as to maintain a 1-2 pound loss per week. I'm struggling a bit with this...with the hardest category being the carbs! Oh, how I LOVE my carbs, my friends!!! I'll have to watch closely on this one!
5. I've begun the Official 28-day Bootcamp Workout Challenge! I'm currently on Week 2-Day 2 of the challenge. Well, let me just say this...I AM finding it quite challenging! In OH SO MANY WAYS! Let me also say that I've been known to MODIFY a position or two...& let's leave it at that!
6. Yes, I'm drinking all my !!
7. I'm enjoying life! I'm active, I'm happy! And life is good in my world today!
I wish you all great success in achieving your goals! May you live your life one healthy & happy day at a time! Don't burden yourself with negativity & bitterness. It does nothing to help get you where you want to go! Keep reaching for the stars, my friends! The sky's the limit!!!
Be happy! Be healthy! Be fit! Rose
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
As of today, I've officially lost 21.8 lbs! I've been asked by several members to share how I did it. Well, let me begin by saying that there is NO magic to losing the weight. It takes perseverance & determination on anyone's part to be successful. I must say it got easier as the days progressed. Oh, I've had my bad days...but overall, it's been a totally awesome experience!
HERE'S THE 20 LITTLE SECRETS TO LOSING 20 POUNDS IN 2 MONTHS:
1. Track everything you eat & keep within your calorie range.
2. Drink 8-10 glasses of water each day.
3. Veggies should always be the most abundant food on your dinner plate!
4. Use smaller plates at dinner time. Simple, but it works!
5. Measure & weigh everything & adhere to serving sizes for portion control.
6. Use spray butter instead of margarine.
7. Forgo the coffee creamer & drink the coffee black.
8. No sodas of any kind, including diet.
9. Walk 30-60 minutes daily-7 days a week
10. Use a pedometer & walk a minimum of 10,000 steps daily!
11. Eat some type of fish twice a week & limit beef to 1-2 times a month.
12. Veggies, veggies, & more veggies! Raw, steamed, grilled, & sautéed!
13. Pack you lunch w/portable foods when you're out & about!
14. Plan ahead when eating out...& take home 1/2 of your entrée.
15. Log on to SparkPeople daily & stay connected!
16. Keep bowls of fruits & vegetables on the counter & in frig. for easy access
17. Switch to turkey products for your burgers & sausages!
18. Use dabs of olive oil to sauté with & drizzle on veggies for grilling.
19. Focus on getting as many super foods into your diet as possible!
20.Use an all veggie soup to ward off hunger (no meat, legumes, or grains).
As the saying goes..."I've only just begun!" And I have a long long way to go, my friends...but I can tell you this! I WILL achieve my goals & I will be at goal weight by next summer! You can count on it!
Thanks to all my fabulous friends on SparkPeople!!!
Special thanks to my SP buddy!...Gena! You rock lady!!!
BIG thank you to Veronica!...You're an AWESOME lady, neighbor!!!
Thank you Monica...for ALWAYS believing in me!
And thank you Erin!... who's about to be a new mom any minute!!!
Thursday, October 14, 2010
I'm sorry, but I don't! Don't get me wrong, I loved my mother. She was a remarkable woman who raised 5 children. I was the oldest & since I became a nurse, I was the one that looked after her in those last few years of her life. She had a multitude of health issues, including some of the biggies: Diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, osteoporosis, Alzheimer's, & breast cancer. She ended up on large amount of insulin daily & took 16+ pills a day. She would never follow a recommended diabetic diet, wouldn't exercise, & was grossly overweight. She would do things like toast & butter a whole loaf of bread & set it on the table in the morning & snack on it until it was all gone. She would stash cookies, cakes, & candy in hiding places all over the house. In stacks of towels, we would find packages of cookies or snack cakes. I'm not kidding!
Today, I was flooded with memories of my mother & her strange obsession with food. What started this today was:
A coworker brought in a box of Dunkin Donuts to share with all the nurses in our department. It was an innocent enough gesture...& I don't believe there was any malicious intent on her part to sabotage my weight loss efforts. Well, somehow that box of donuts ended up right next to MY desk! So, I politely asked "Who brought the donuts?" She smiled as her eyes glistened, & she says "Oh, I did!" Now, let me just say that I don't know this nurse very well, as she just started w/our department not long ago...she's nice enough, I mean...she's overweight, as am I, & so I knew I had to be polite & thank her for bringing them, but I informed her I would not be having any donuts. Now I wish that would have been the end of it, but oh no...I went into the whole spiel about my mom....& how I don't want to end up like her. I mean...the WHOLE story. I even threw in that my younger brother has already fallen in step w/my mom...that he's almost 400 lbs, is a diabetic & is on tons of insulin, has heart disease, hypertension, & is on disability because he has so many health issues. Well, this poor woman just looked at me & apologized for having brought them in! I immediately felt badly, I mean none of my past has anything really to do w/the stupid box of donuts. But, it DID trigger my memories...& my fears!
And no, I did NOT eat a donut today!
But I DID eat within my calorie range today....& I DID walk an hour w/my husband after work. And, I will NOT end up like my mother!
Thanks for listening my SP friends...you are truly appreciated!
Get An Email Alert Each Time ROSEWCI Posts