Ya never know what you're gonna get! But with SparkPeople...you know EXACTLY!
* 24/7 weight loss support!
* Great friends!
* Nutritional & Fitness trackers!
* Food Plans!
* A fun network!
I'm Sporting My Moxie! I'm a Woman on a Mission! Six Months of Sparkin'!
Today's my 6th month SparkVersary! It's been an Awesome Adventure! I can hardly believe all the changes I've made in just 180 days!
My Spark Life In Review!
* I went from being a cough slug to a walker/jogger! I exercise everyday & I'm currently in C25K training! Woohoo! Go me!
* I went from wearing a size 3X to a PXL! Size DOES matter! Smiling...
* I weighed 230 pounds in February 2010...& today I'm 173 pounds! Down 57 pounds overall! Woohoo!
* I went from indiscriminate, impulsive, & unregulated eating to counting calories, protein, fats, & carbs... eating lean meats & fish w/a focus on quality nutrition & monitoring portions! I'm making eating fruits & vegetables a priority today!
This was me back in February 2010...
And this is me today!
I used to feel stuck & unmotivated...& now I feel rejuvenated & inspired! I appreciate every new day & take nothing for granted! I'm living out loud & make no excuses for my life choices! I'm grateful for all that I have! I now have the courage & dare to live my dream! Who would have thought that I would be...
* Running! *Living in Florida! *Retired! * Living for today! *Loving w/careless abandon! * Embracing life to the fullest! *Throwing caution to the wind! *Seeing life as an adventure! & *Finding my JOY!
I'm taking full responsibility for what direction my life is headed! I'm in control!
Take heed my friends!
Ignite the Spark that lies deep within you! You CAN do it! It's well within your reach! You're DESERVING of something WONDERFUL! It's up to you to be the BEST that you can be! You possess the ability to made changes & achieve your goals! It's all up to you! You CAN do it! Get out & find your JOY! I believe in you! Now, it's time for YOU to believe too!
I'm coming to you from Sunny SW Florida...my new home! I still can't believe I'm living here now! I often feel as if I've died & gone to heaven! Since tomorrow is my 6 month SparkVersary, I'm planning on posting an anniversary blog...In the meantime I thought I'd post some random pics to let you know what I'm doing these days! Enjoy the pics!
Me collecting seashells on Sanibel Island! It was a sunny but cool & breezy day! Hubby & I walked the beaches for 2 hours! It doesn't get any better than this my friends!
This is Marco Island beach! My most favorite place to be!
Witnessing the sunrise from my lanai! It's all so serene...
Approaching one of Sanibel Island's beaches...
I love everything about the beach! The calming sounds of the water as it ebbs & flows & the seagulls calling overhead...the salty smell of the air...a gentle breeze blowing & the warmth of the sun caressing my skin.
Life is good in my world today! And I'm sharing it all w/you my friends!
Happy Wednesday! Hump Day! Weigh In Day! Groundhog Day!
For all that are enduring the bitter cold, blistering winds, & mountains of snow...I feel your pain! I've spent my entire life in Cleveland, OH...& I KNOW what you're going through! So from the bottom of my heart...
I send a plethora of warm thoughts your way!
Weigh in today was 176.0! Down 1.6 lbs! I do believe my C25K training is kicking butt with my weight. It's weird because my appetite's greatly increased since I've been training & I'm eating more calories as a result! Go figure!
And yesterday, I met my Spark Buddy Gena (JENAANN3) for the first time!
She & I began our Spark journey back in August 2010 & instantly bonded as friends...giving support & encouraging one another along the way! It was so AWESOME to finally meet! Our hubbies are retired police officers & have a lot in common...so fun was had by all! We had a WONDERFUL visit & plan to get together again next week!
Spark Friends FOREVER! (SFF) Smiling....
Life is GOOD in my world today! Keep Sparkin' my friends!
I completed W2D3 of the C5K training today! And as I was jogging & walking - I began thinking about all the things I'm grateful for in my life! There's so much! We have no sunshine here in N. Ft. Myers today...
...but I have in my !
And I can IMAGINE how I'll feel when I'm in a marathon! My most favorite quote of all is the one I post on my page:
"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it." - W.A. Ward
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh....Imagine! Imagine yourself where ever it is you want to be!
... In the job of your dreams!
... Returning back to school!
...Running a marathon!
... Climbing that mountain!
Whatever it is! Imagine! Dare to dream! It's all up to you...to take you there!
You CAN do anything you set your mind to do! Get out & live your passion! Get up & follow that dream!! You CAN do it! You OWE it to yourself to Imagine!
Getting to know you...getting to know all about you!
I thought I'd share some fun facts about myself...things you probably didn't know!
I bet you didn't know....
* That I'm Italian! And first generation American! My parents came from Italy!
* That I'm the oldest of 5 children! And I have 2 brothers & 2 sisters!
* That's I once lost 98 lbs with Weight Watchers & I was even a leader & had my own group in the 1990's!
* That I've been married for almost 39 years to a wonderful man! I've known his since I was 12 yrs old...& we went to high school together! We have our 40th H.S. reunion coming up this June! It should be fun!
* That my 1st job ever was selling candy at a movie theatre at age 16! I earned $1.00 an hr!
* That I played the accordion when I was young! Yep! And I was good at it too!
* That red is my favorite color!
* That I lived in S, Dakota & Germany while hubby was in the Air Force. My oldest daughter was born in Rapid City & we lived in the village of Rambach outside of Wiesbaden, Germany for 2 whole years in the 1970's! I turned 21 in Germany! I learned to enjoy the German beer & Rhine wine!
* That I'm a beginner Quilter & took classes after I stopped working full time!
* That I golf! Well, I took lessons & have a set of clubs...& I attempt to play! Smiling.
* That I didn't become an RN until 1990! I was a "nontraditional" student & was 33 years old when I began college!
* That I'm board certified in Psych & Mental Health Nursing!
* That I didn't earn my bachelor's degree in nursing until I turned 50! I graduated on my 50th birthday!
* That I was a candy striper for a local hospital at age 15!
See! I bet ya didn't know these things about me! Now, please share a a fun fact that I don't know about you! I can't wait to read what you share!