Friday, November 15, 2013
Today's blog assignment: distract the Binge Monster, make a list of things to do that will keep me from giving in.
1. Crafts. I love to cross stitch but I really haven't been doing it at all lately. I have a ton of projects I'd like to do that I haven't even started.
2. Heavy Duty housecleaning. Holidays are coming, I feel like I need to make the apartment sparkle. Plus, I have no desire to eat with the smell of heavy cleaners in the air.
3. Spark. Hop on Sparkpeople and cry for help. I'm sure if I were to pop on a message board I'd have plenty of people helping with the "don't give in!"
4. Read on my Nook. Get lost in a few good books.
5. Online window shopping. I mentioned this one in the past. I like to look at the clothes that I don't feel I can wear yet but I will when I reach my goals. It gives me another reason not to raid the chocolate chips and peanut butter. (I'm a freak, I know)
6. Shutterfly. Load it up with pics of my daughter. She's my constant reminder of why I need to do this. I have a responsibility to teach her how to live a healthy life.
7. Take a walk. A little exercise should calm the cravings.
8. Drink water. I realize that sometimes the cravings are because I'm really thirsty.
9. Brush teeth. Most foods taste pretty nasty with the taste of toothpaste in my mouth.
10. Stop and list the reasons why I shouldn't give in. Remind myself of all the reasons I'm here.