Monday, July 16, 2012
1. Keep maintaining - YES
Right at the top of my range - but still in the range. That's a win, but need to keep focus
2. Get this cough thing sorted - YES
Have decided to do a desensitisation course to cure my allergy to dust mites. Starting today. Hope that fixes the cough!
3. Get 230+ fitness minutes per week (to achieve 1000 minutes monthly award) - YES
Once I realised that ST counts to total fitness minutes, this has really helped me to do more ST - and thus getting the minutes in
4. Eat more fruit and vege - Can still do better
Getting 5 serves a day - need to aim for 7
At least the serves are actual serves - I no longer count 2 slices of tomato as a serve!
Going well so far. Just reminding myself to keep focused!
Sunday, July 15, 2012
My sister B and I both left our husbands and kids on Sat evening, to go to my sister M's birthday celebration - and stay the night. A low key, relaxed affair.
Dinner of soup - with some cheese, dips and potato chips - followed by cake, ice cream and chocolate. Plus gin and tonics!
I ate so much. I went to bed feeling very uncomfortable.
I suppose that I am feeling a little deprived on a daily basis. Watching what I eat all the time.
So then I let go a bit too much, and then I have to watch what I eat again.
I know that I don't have the right mindset. If I could limit the splurges, I would not need to watch the daily consumption so closely.
I was aware of one of my sister's friends - who is very healthy and slim. She seemed to have a small amount of some items, and said no to others. She is vegetarian, but also focuses on generally eating healthily - limiting wheat, sugar, salt and alcohol.
I aspire to be like that. I am not there - but at least I know where I want to be!
Saturday, June 30, 2012
I just read a blog of July goals - and I thought 'I need to do that'. My next thought was 'Hey! I did a goals blog recently - I should look back at it and see how I went'.
This is obviously not a good sign. You can't just write a list of goals, file them away - and expect to achieve them.
These were my goals for the last 3 months
1. Keep maintaining **** DONE
2. Get the cough/allergy thing sorted out - a.s.a.p. No procrastination. **** NO. STILL NOT SORTED, AND LOTS OF PROCRASTINATION
3. Strength training. **** NO
4. Make healthy snacks/lunch for myself for when we go out. ***** MUCH BETTER AT THIS
I give myself 50%.
GOALS FOR THE NEXT 3 MONTHS
1. Keep maintaining
2. Get the cough/allergy thing sorted
3. 230 fitness minutes per week, including 4+ ST sessions per week
4. Food focus - fresh fruit, vegetables
I really want to focus on getting my serves of fruit and veges. I must admit that I have been counting a few grapes, or some slices of tomato as a serve.
A serve is
- half cup of raw, canned, frozen fruit (a billiard ball size)
- quarter cup of dried fruit (an egg size)
- 1 cup of raw vegetables (a baseball size)
- half a cup of cooked vegetables (a billiard ball)
How will I keep my goals in focus?
- I am going to add them to my Spark Page
- Maintaining - I weigh and track my weight every week, so this is always front of mind
- Fitness Minutes - I will be tracking these every week in order to get my 1000 award
- Food focus - mindful tracking of serves
- Getting the cough sorted - make a couple of doctors appointments first thing Monday morning!
Thanks for dropping by!
Get An Email Alert Each Time ROOSTER72 Posts