Friday, September 17, 2010
1. I'm tracking my exercise. Today is Day 37 of a personal exercise streak. I started back exercising after getting back from vacation (where I did exercise) and vegging out for a few weeks and now I can't stop!!!! (I always need a vacation from a vacation!)
2. I joined the Lose 10 by 10/10/10 Team. I don't think I'll be able to lose 10 by then but I'll lose some. I've lost 3 lbs. so far since starting. Why is 10/10/10 sneaking up so fast!
3. I joined the 28 Day Boot Camp Team. I am on day 3 of that. I do my usual cardio and then add Coach Nicole videos.
4. By leaving messages for others to motivate them I also am motivating myself.
5. I track my food in a journal rather than on SparkPeople. It's just easier for me that way and helps me unwind before bed if I write. I write about challenges, goals met, goals still to meet, feelings, etc. I used to track religiously on SP and I know that helps me continue to lose and improve my health.
6. I go through the SparkPoints list and get as many points as I can in a day depending on how much time I have. I took a hiatus but I am back to earning points and I think it helps me stay motivated as I read blogs, health articles, SP articles, etc.
7. I write blogs to earn points but I think it also helps me put things in perspective. Portfolios used to be big in education. They help see the growth a child has made throughout the year. I have my students journal most days. It really shows growth from the beginning of the year to the end. When I think back to the blogs I wrote when I started on SP when I was 63 lbs. heavier I think to myself, "What a long way I have come." I have a long way to go but my past success encourages me to continue on because I can look forward to feeling better, buying a smaller size, and having more energy.
8. Now if there was just something I could do about my hair!!!