It has been a real struggle since my last surgery. I have been having the worst cravings for sugar and I am usually one who doesn't have the biggest sweet tooth. I know what I need to get done but getting motivated has been a bit of a struggle as well. I think it is because I have been working two jobs since July and I feel like I have absolutely no time for me and just relaxing. So I am spending the little down time I get doing just that, having down time.
I need to start using it for exercise and kicking my butt time!!!
I know I have the ability to get this done and get back to where I want to be! I have gotten there before, I know what it takes! I just have to do it!!
Soooo..... I gained back like 15 lbs and I so need to get it off! I think that is what is making me the maddest. I told myself I had lost it and lost it for good and now it is back. I feel defeated and I need to stop that! I am still better than I was when I started and just because I gained it back doesn't mean I can't lose it again. I am smarter than I was and I am a healthier person than I was, I just have to get back on that horse and kick some serious ass.
I have been contemplating a name change on here for quite awhile. I feel that I need to let go of my past and move forward and to do this I need a name that reflects my new fiery personality.... so it is RED_WRITINGHOOD! Of course my real online nick name is Redhotwritinghood but Sparkpeople won't let you have that long of name lol.
Which is better??? RED_WRITINGHOOD or REDHOTWRTNGHOOD
(it can only be 15 letters)
For some time now I have had a desire to start journaling, writing, and sketching again, so I thought the perfect outlet for that would be to become a blogger. I have been in the process of starting a blog online and have been working on it for quite awhile now and I will be up soon. As soon as it is ready to unveil I will post the link and hopefully you all will check it out for me and give me some input.
I'm hoping the name change won't confuse my friends and they won't know who I am lol!! Still same FROSTYNAL..... just not cold anymore.... ready for some fire!!!!
I have been participating in the 5% Challenges for a year now and I have enjoyed each and everyone. I seem to start out strong but then loose a little momentum but this time I am going to push myself to finish as strong and determined as I began it!!!
How much and how often will you exercise?
- I will exercise everyday! I want to get in at least a 3 mile walk each morning and strength training at least 5 days a week. I also want to incorporate yoga into my daily routine. I have always wanted to try it and I am using this challenge to finally try it out! I can get stressed easily and I think it will help me immensely.
What diet will you follow?
- I won't be following a strict regimented diet plan I actually don't believe in diets... I believe in having a healthy diet and having balance. I feel that for me if I take things away from myself I want them all the more. So I just eat with moderation and make more healthy choices but if cake is being served I will eat a little piece and be satisfied. I will stay in my calorie range!!
How will you support your team?
- I will try to make sure that I log in my points everyday and get in my minutes! I will give words of encouragement to my fellow team members. I will also try to regularly blog to let my team know how I am doing as well.
That is the commitment I make to my team and to myself!!
I graduated from the University of Alabama in Huntsville on Saturday morning 8/13/2011. It was such a proud moment and it took a lot of hard work and determination to get there!!
To celebrate this momentous occasion my family took me white water rafting down the Ocoee River in Tennessee. It has to be some of the most fun you can have with your clothes on!! I had a blast, got soaked, and wanted to go back again the minute it was over. Here are some pictures from my trip.
That's my daughter Natasha on the front of the raft.... ridin' the bull!! She had so much fun doing that. You can see the sheer jubilation on her face lol!!
I confess, this weekend I had an Oreo Klondike bar every night.
BUT! I also am very proud to report that I walked every day.
So I am forgiving myself and moving forward TODAY because I am feeling stronger and I know this week will be wonderful!
My biggest motivation for this week is to see the scale move!
Go back and read your DIY Challenge Entry Card and the entries of two other people.
- DONE - trying to keep on track as best I can.
2. Motivate someone else every time you log into sparkpeople this week.
- DONE -
3. Make this week about maintaining a pace, instead of going balls to the wall. Sometimes you need to just simply prove to yourself that you are moving forward by doing something every day.
- DONE - I went walking every morning and got in my ST.
4. You can only eat one craptastic thing per day. So make a decision... have a Coke or have dessert!
- DONE - I actually managed to stay away from all things craptastic this week! I was having a good week and didn't crave it.
5. Get your heart rate up for a minimum of 15 minutes each day.
- DONE - I exercised 4/4 days and managed to log 713 fitness minutes!!