1. What time did you get up this morning? 4:50 am (YUCK!)
2. How do you like your steak? Medium rare
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Inception
4. What is your favorite TV show? What Not To Wear (I know....)
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Sullivan Island, South Carolina!!
6. What did you have for breakfast? Nature Valley Trail Mix Bar and a few stolen bites of cinnamon roll.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Mexican
8. What foods do you dislike? Indian Food and Swiss cheese.
9. Favorite Place to Eat? Casa Blanca and Surin of Thailand
10. Favorite dressing? Blue cheese
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? Toyota Matrix
12. What are your favorite clothes? jeans and converses!!!
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Australia
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? 1/2 full definitely
15. Where would you want to retire? Sullivan Island S.C. of course :)
16. Favorite time of day? When everyone is home and spending time together.
17. Where were you born? Anchorage, AK
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? If it's on TV... none!! If its live anything not picky.
19. How many siblings? 1 sister
20. Favorite pastime/hobby? Anything to do with art! Writing, Music, and reading.
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? Any of my friends :)
22. Bird watcher? Yes but I prefer watching squirrels they are crazy! I also love watching bats.
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night owl definitely!! But I'm slowly changing.
24. Do you have any pets? 1 dog and 1 cat
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? Yes I finally achieved ONEderland!!
26. What did you want to be when you were little? Vulcanologist! I was weird what can I say lol!
27. What is your best childhood memory? Going to Disneyland every year! Riding in a helicopter of the Mountain of Alaska.
28. Are you a cat or dog person? Dog
29. Are you married? Yep... 1 year this Oct 4th!
30. Always wear your seat belt? A definite Heck ya!!
31. Been in a car accident? No I haven't
32. Any pet peeves? I'm with XPHOENIX on taking out the trash without putting a new bag in. Also using the last of the toilet paper and not putting in a new roll for the next person! People who dwell on the problems in their lives but refuse to make it better!
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Sausage, feta, and olives!
34. Favorite Flower? Roses and hibiscus flowers... have roses tattooed on my ankle and my garden is full of hibiscus.
35. Favorite ice cream? Pumpkin pie and it only comes out in fall!!
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Wendy’s or Taco Bell
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? None :) I studied like crazy!! I was the first of my friends who could drive and boy did I become the taxi!!
38. From whom did you get your last email? Spark :)
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Lucky Jeans and Anthropologie :)
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Hmmm I never plan anything so that's hard lol....
41. Like your job? Yes and no... I work with my family which is nice but it can also be a nightmare!
42. Broccoli? Yes but not raw!
43. What was your favorite vacation? I'm a dork.... Disneyworld!
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? My spark friend Pennielayne
45. What are you listening to right now? The sound of nasty cicada's in the trees outside... those thing officially creep me out!!
46. What is your favorite color? Red!
47. How many tattoos do you have? Just one... roses on the inside of my ankle but my reward to myself for reaching my goal is another one running up the side of my waist.
48. How many people will fill this out? I'm going to be optimistic and say 3 :)
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 8:10 am.
50. Coffee Drinker? Nope.... Never acquired the taste for it. I do love tea though.
Stolen from XPHOENIX who stole it from LeftSox… LOL
I knew I had lost weight this week so I was expecting to be happy today on weigh in day but I didn't know I would be 3 lbs under 200!!! I did my normal weigh in rituals I got out of bed.... used the restroom to take off every ounce I could (sorry... I'm sure you didn't want to know that lol).... I got buck naked and stepped on the scale and this is what I saw!!!
I congratulated myself by putting on my tennis shoes and going on a 4.2 mile walk and then working in the garden!! It is a beautiful day today... and I'm feeling good! Incredibly sweaty!!! But good!
Here are some pic of the park I walk in everyday that is right out my back door.
This is right at the beginning of the path right in front of my house.
A beautiful oak tree that is along the path.
There was a sweet little Dad out there today who was teaching his little boy how to shoot off rockets! Fun to watch while I walked.
Well July ended up being a great month!!! I lost 11 lbs! I am now 200 lbs and 1 lb away from ONEderland!! I have officially been on Spark for 3 months and have LOST 30 lbs!!
I got new clothes.... yay!! Got some new bras finally! Went from a 40D bra... ended up buying 36DD! Bought new jeans... went from a size 18... to buying a size 14! Of course not all that was lost in July lol... just bought the new clothes!
Lost 11 lbs!
Waist: -2.5 inches
Hips: -1.5 inches
Thighs: -1.5 inches
Calves: -.25 inch
Arms: - .50 inch
Neck: - .25 inch
Waist to Hip Ratio: -0.03
Walked 3.2+ miles everyday
Drank 12 glasses of water everyday
Did all my Strength Training almost everyday
Did one exercise video almost everyday
Planned and purchased all my meals for the entire week every week
I am ready to kick August's booty!!!! I am going to do even better this round!
Well I finally went on a much needed shopping trip last night. The objective was jeans and bras! I was beginning to look like I was in a rap video holding up my pants!! Well............ I was wearing a size 18 jeans when I started on Spark People and last night I bought 1 pair of size 16 and 2 pairs of size 14 jeans that all fit perfectly YAY!! and new bras! The girls desperately needed support!! Starting size 40D new size..... 36DD!!! YAY!!!
It seems like more and more each day people are coming up to me telling me how thin I look and asking how much weight I've lost or asking me what I'm doing differently. My husband keeps telling me how my face looks so much thinner and my curves are looking great *blush*. It still comes as a shock to me and I'm never completely comfortable with the compliments. I haven't reached that point where I see it all the time. I still feel like that same sad... almost 30 lbs heavier person. But I'm really starting to see the thinner me poking out. I get a glimpse of her and it makes me so happy I squeal for no good reason lol... scares my husband to death lol!!
I've still got a ways to go but I am almost 30 down!! Well to be honest I've lost almost 30 lbs now on Spark in the last 3 months but 3 years ago I weighed almost 40 lbs heavier than that... but I'm not counting that on my Spark ticker because to be honest I don't know how much I weighed because I refused to weigh myself. I know that I was in a size 24/26 and I wore 3X shirts. I was someone completely different than I am now. I had gotten divorced a few years earlier and refused to try and date people. I was happy with people leaving me alone. I hated the way I looked and I was very good at hiding myself.
I spent my mid to late 20's doing nothing that a 20 year old is supposed to do. Have fun... enjoy life... feel sexy... meet guys! Instead I spent every minute of the day devoted to my daughter. I spent all my time driving her around, taking her to her many athletic events, taking her to meet her friends.... everything I didn't give myself the time or opportunity to do. My daughter is the prime example of health, beauty, vitality... none of which I was a good example of. I was miserable and I had enough one day and decided... you know what... this is ridiculous... I am depressed and unhappy and I am going to change!... and I did. This was way before Spark of course lol... I changed a few things on my own and lost about 40 lbs! Got down to a size 18 and was beginning to see that inner sexy vixen and was letting loose a little and decided I didn't want to be alone for the rest of my life. I started dating on the internet... found my love and my bestfriend and got married..... aaah :)
I am so much happier now... so happy infact I started gaining weight lol... funny how that works huh!! So I found Spark! Now after 3 months I have started exercising everyday, using the nutrition and fitness trackers religiously, drinking gallons of water, meeting wonderful Spark friends and started the difficult journey of loving myself. I am even starting to Spark people around me. One of my dearest friends is walking every morning with me and on most days my husband comes along as well.
How I got on this thought was I ran across an old picture of myself... one of the only ones I haven't thrown away lol... this was me at my heaviest!
This was in July 2007. About 70 lbs ago. I really don't like looking at this pic.... I was a miserable person at this time.
These are at a much happier time for me... just as I was getting married. Oct 2009 and about 30 lbs ago at 230.
This is also Oct 2009... I put this one up so you could see what my hair used to look like. I look mad in this pic though lol.
And this is me now at 202! I still have a long way to go but I am so much happier with myself. Got a new look and a new attitude. I didn't enjoy my 20's but I am sure going to enjoy my 30's and I am going to set an example for my daughter... one I should have set for her a long time ago!!