Thursday, September 15, 2011
As more people turn to vegetarianism, overweight vegetarians begin to rise in population. Thatís because most people believe that going on a vegetarian diet will help them lose weight (even until today); so long as they stop eating meat, they can eat whatever they like and theyíll not gain weight. Myth!
Although meat does contribute to fat gain to certain degree due to its toxic load, if you continue eating high-calorie food without expending your excess calories, the excess calories will convert into fat, even if youíre on a vegetarian diet. Fact.
Going back to eating meat will make your condition even worse. So, sticking to your vegetarian lifestyle minus the unhealthy portions and pick up more healthy habits will do the trick. Hereís how.
Vegetarian Lose Weight Tip #1 Ė Eat Whole Food
After so many years of scoffing junk food, itís difficult for your taste buds to suddenly adapt to the taste and texture of whole natural food. Given ample time and breathing space, your taste buds will transform and become more able to accept whole food. Too abrupt a change may nauseate and affect you psychologically, which then result in you feeling disgusted at the thought of munching on whole food.
Thatís why I suggest that you pick up whole food progressively and eat more as you move along. For example, start with sticking to 1 (or half if youíre more comfortable with) portion of fruits and veggies daily for a week, then raise the portion to 1.5 or 2 in the following week, and so forth until whole food becomes the staple of your diet. Grains, nuts and seeds and other whole foods are as important.
Vegetarian Lose Weight Tip #2 Ė Get Active
Iím all for whatever ways you use to stay active and burn as much calorie as you deem fit. However, listen to and work with your body. Do not over-exert your body or you can easily sustain injuries causing you to not able to work out for weeks or even months, which in turn can lead to overeating if youíre not cautious with your diet.
I suggest that you start with some simple exercises to help your body condition for higher intensity exercises in the future. Again, progressively increase the intensity level and duration. You can strive to go slightly beyond your comfortable level at every workout set, but do not stretch too far. Again, work with your body.
Vegetarian Lose Weight Tip #3 Ė Plan Ahead
It seems sure-fire to lose weight with the above two tactics. Of course, you will. But youíll lose even more weight efficiently if you have a good plan in hand.
Itís relatively easier to plan ahead your exercise routine for a month or two, but planning out your meals may seem a little overwhelming. In that case, instead of planning ahead a month worth of meals, make a food plan for 3 days only, each time. Not only will this help make it less intimidating, itíll also help you stay on track, keep your calorie intake in check and avoid eating anything in sight, especially junk food.
Vegetarians canít lose weight? Unless you stick to the above principles.
this vegetarians had to sit down and do her homework...
1. TRACK food always- never get cocky
2. MAKE group favourites - it makes logging go faster
3. REMEMBER the rules when eating out- I take my food to work occassions- I need to know what I am putting away into the pie hole of calories..
4. MOVE more- I got a more active job.. Dumb the car bike or walk and if you have problems with food - don't get a job working with it..
5. CONSISTANCY - don't confuse people with on off on off again- the surround yourself with support people loss faith..
6. THE HIGH SEASONS are coming up have a plan well in advance. Alot of people act like this fact never happens and it gets old hearing the same excuses - tell people to make healthy choices instead of the same old same old - I will make people feel guilty when there is a high rate of dead to lifestyle illnesses around them.. Some older women go around in their own little world thinking nothing of their families health.. Dare to confront them- this is a issue affecting all our communities and cities..
7. PHOTO'S take many of them and look at them before each party- weigh up why you want to over eat- remember how far you have come and how destructive it is falling off the wagon.. If up in age the skin will not keep forgiving you - this tip is to save you from plastic surgery that hurts..
8.LIFE IS CHOICES - no one puts a gun to the head - if people get offended I won't eat their problem not mine.. My kids appreciate having me around as yet.. It has been hard on them lossing a dad to diabetes type 1.. If you have type 2 - if you don't get your act together it can go type 1.. Alot of people forget this fact - even people with long educations get rude shocks from their doctors daily where I work..
I have been doing this 9 years soon.. The surround yourself with support people can forget where you have been at.. So it is vital you never get cocky and quite eating mindful ever.. It is disheartening reading about people lossing heaps of kgs and having to do it all over again.. Moderation is hard but it is a darn sight easier than starting completely from the begining...